Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: DJIA, NYSE, S&P = CRASH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    3x leverage can also triple your losses when the market bounced back. If you bought SPXU a week ago, you are about breaking even with the bounce. If you bought a year ago, you have lost 16%. Inverse ETFs work only when stocks are falling.

As of this moment, DOW has gained about 1000 points between yesterday and so far today.
    Levered etfs are absolutely toxic to the long term of a portfolio...
    A suckers bet, invented to take the money of folks who think they are a lot smarter than they actually are...

And this applies to the up ones as much as the down ones..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Sounds about right, except he's only a mouthpiece for the same global banking families that will maintain control of the system after the reset. Shell game, iow.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Levered etfs are absolutely toxic to the long term of a portfolio...
    A suckers bet, invented to take the money of folks who think they are a lot smarter than they actually are...

And this applies to the up ones as much as the down ones..

What are you even talking about? QQQ is up 2X over the past 5 years on steady climb; all it does is track the Nasdaq X3. Honestly I think some people are scared of financial instruments as if they were poltergeist.

Last edited by presence; 08-27-2015 at 05:56 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

What are you even talking about? QQQ is up 2X over the past 5 years on steady climb; all it does is track the Nasdaq X3. Honestly I think some people are scared of financial instruments as if they were poltergeist.
    That is not an inverse ETF fund which is what I was discussing (and you were suggesting earlier). Yes- there are ETFs which have performed well. Inverse ETF funds are toxic and highly dangerous to your portfolio. At this moment, SPUX- which you recommended- is $37 a share. Since July, 2010, it has lost 98% of its value!!!

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/spxu/st...&drilldown=off

Short QQQ has gone from $1300 a share in 2010 to $24 a share today. http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=SQQQ+Interactive#{"range":"max","allowCh artStacking":true}

Short Dow 30 has done better- "only" falling from $80 a share to $24 a share in that time. http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=dog+Interactive#{"range":"max","allowCha rtStacking":true}
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-27-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Inverse ETF funds are toxic and highly dangerous to your portfolio.
    Enh, you just say that because you think the thing they're inverting is bound to always go up.

How about an inverse fund of gold? What would you say to that, Zippy?

At this moment, SPUX- which you recommended- is $37 a share. Since July, 2010, it has lost 98% of its value!!!
    Great. But he wasn't recommending it in July, 2010, now was he? And duh -- the stock market has gone up during that time. As an inverse stock market fund, it was doing its job.

Sigh.
    Where has all the IQ gone,
    Long time passing,....

I want to see long term performance. Not just one week. I know you don't own any stocks or funds for just one week either. Between August 18 and August 24th it made money. Half of those gains are already gone unless you sold on the 24th.

Sigh.
    Long time passing,....

I'm a patient man. To simply the hypothesis ;D the theme here of #GTFOSTOCKMARKET is:

Minimum 30% down from the May high before we see the May high again.
    Anticipated time line 6 - 18 months from 8/5/15

All US EURO major index inverse ETFs 6-18 months of wild blue moon rising.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Enh, you just say that because you think the thing they're inverting is bound to always go up.

How about an inverse fund of gold? What would you say to that, Zippy?

Great. But he wasn't recommending it in July, 2010, now was he? And duh -- the stock market has gone up during that time. As an inverse stock market fund, it was doing its job.

Sigh.
    Long time passing,....
    Also, all that 3x magic leverage is not free, those funds are exhorbantly expensive for what they are...

Everybody is always looking for that can of magic beans... In the financial world they only exist in the minds of poor simpletons who paradoxically believe they know everything...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I'm a patient man. To simply the hypothesis ;D the theme here of #GTFOSTOCKMARKET is:

Minimum 30% down from the May high before we see the May high again.
    Anticipated time line 6 - 18 months from 8/5/15

All US EURO major index inverse ETFs 6-18 months of wild blue moon rising.
    Dow was 18,300 in May. 30% off would mean Dow 12,810. Six to 18 months from May or from today? (we are already about five months past then).

Dow was 18,300 in May. 30% off would mean Dow 12,810. Six to 18 months from May or from today? (we are already about five months past then).
    from 8/5/15 when I started this thread
    12800 sounds about right

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We shall see. Do you want to start with the DOW of August 5th then? 17,540? That would be DOW 12,300? Not that I think the difference will matter. But it is your pick so your choice.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-31-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Presence, Dianne, devil21: Could you define crash for us so that we will be able to say if it did or did not happen once September is over?

phase 1 complete

We shall see. Do you want to start with the DOW of August 5th then? 17,540? That would be DOW 12,300? Not that I think the difference will matter. But it is your pick so your choice.
    lets not get lost in the details:

a year of doom and a 1/3 value gone

You'll know it when you see it.

here we go again

that old adage "Sell in May then go away" apparently really works

The Dow has hit -400 points!

I wonder how much revenue the government loses when the markets go down. They lose capital gains tax among other things.

Call me crazy but I think k the DOW ends close to even.......just a guess though
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Call me crazy but I think k the DOW ends close to even.......just a guess though
    Per what analysis? Everything I see shows the markets crashing more.
    Last edited by kfarnan; 09-01-2015 at 09:46 AM.

The way things are going lately you have to wait until the final minute now to see how the day ends up.

Some traders are going long on the S&P. Are they delusional?

a guy on cnbc said this morning that mutual funds have very little cash , with the market taking a dump many people will be cashing out of the funds , the funds will have to sell stocks to settle the cash out to the people .

this will create more selling , the guy said the selling would take place tomorrow as the funds won't know how much money the people dumping the funds would need .

sounds like normal business to me . this thing could get very nasty .

Welcome to September.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    Per what analysis? Everything I see shows the markets crashing more.
    the crazy index......I was just guessing and I guessed wrong.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Welcome to September.
    It's October that is usually rocky.

the crazy index......I was just guessing and I guessed wrong.
    Half of all investors do

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My buddy made 60k last week on the vix. Then he gambled half away on dice.
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    a guy on cnbc said this morning that mutual funds have very little cash , with the market taking a dump many people will be cashing out of the funds , the funds will have to sell stocks to settle the cash out to the people .
    Of course they have very little cash -- that's how they're designed. That's what you want them to have -- as little as possible! It's all in the prospecti. At least the passively-managed funds are like this -- actively-managed will move out of stocks into cash whenever the manager feels like stocks are going to go down and gets nervous.

Having only a small percentage of cash doesn't cause any problem for the funds. It just means that they have to, just as the TV guru apparently said: "sell stocks to settle the cash out to the people." That is not a problem. When people buy mutual funds, the fund must buy stocks (or whatever assets the fund is all about). When people sell mutual funds, the fund must sell stocks (or whatever assets the fund is all about). That's how it always works: nothing special about right now.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It's October that is usually rocky.
    This isn't the usual September or October.

My buddy made 60k last week on the vix. Then he gambled half away on dice.
    He should have just put his 60k into physical metals. Greed isn't a good thing, regardless of what Gordon Gecko says.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-01-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast