Thread: Trump about Iraq lies

Trump about Iraq lies

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks, ... shared with FB group...
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump is a real wildcard. He could be Atila the Hun or a stealth candidate.

I do support Trump over Bush, Rubio, and Walker for this reason. But I still don't believe that he's as anti interventionist as Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I do support Trump over Bush, Rubio, and Walker for this reason. But I still don't believe that he's as anti interventionist as Rand.
    That's an understatement, Trump wants to steal everyone's oil in the middle east and pass it out to his friends.

https://youtu.be/i6G4AAI77kI?t=1344

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Neither is anti-interventionist. You're misusing the term.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    Neither is anti-interventionist. You're misusing the term.
    True. What I meant is that I think that Rand is still for less intervention than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That's an understatement, Trump wants to steal everyone's oil in the middle east and pass it out to his friends.

https://youtu.be/i6G4AAI77kI?t=1344
    You haven't read his book or you wouldn't say this. More later ...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump already voiced his concern for U.S. vets and then wants to steal all of the Middle East Oil? Does anyone believe that for a second? This claim is utter nonsense. He already stated that he would have never invaded Iraq, but certainly wouldn't have rebuilt the country for free.

Was Blitzer interviewing Ron Paul or Donald Trump?

So he acknowledges that Iraq was a mistake and yet wants to continue to bomb the region? How is this any different than what the Obama administration has done for the past two terms?

Oh, that's right, Obama wasn't going for the oil

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    You haven't read his book or you wouldn't say this. More later ...
    LOL!

You believe Trump's brand new campaign propaganda more than what he's been saying for years?

Did you also believe Mitt Romney in 2012 when he said he was a pro gun, pro life candidate despite his record of being pro choice, and signing gun bans?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You know, we aren't using Donald Trump and Ben Carson as we should. What I mean by that is this. We should be trumpeting the fact that their success in the polls proves that Ron Paul was right all along about Iraq. Carson and Trump are wrong about a lot of things. Trump on imminent domain and taxes. Carson on gun control and Syria. (Not sure where Trump is on Syria). But we spend so much time harping on that we miss the opportunity to use their political success to our advantage. It's called triangulation. Bill Clinton was the master of that. We, overall, suck at it. Rand did some good reverse triangulation the other night tying Rubio to Hillary though.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You know, we aren't using Donald Trump and Ben Carson as we should. What I mean by that is this. We should be trumpeting the fact that their success in the polls proves that Ron Paul was right all along about Iraq. Carson and Trump are wrong about a lot of things. Trump on imminent domain and taxes. Carson on gun control and Syria. (Not sure where Trump is on Syria). But we spend so much time harping on that we miss the opportunity to use their political success to our advantage. It's called triangulation. Bill Clinton was the master of that. We, overall, suck at it. Rand did some good reverse triangulation the other night tying Rubio to Hillary though.
    It is much easier to win if we do not fight alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Rand appears to know how to conduct triangulation tactically (to make a point or win a current battle, such as to create a news byte) but has not used it strategically to win the war to get the nomination. If he had done the latter he would have laid off Trump and concentrated on the neocons, using their unchanging belligerent more-war framework to project himself as the saner alternative. Rand instead has focused too long on painting himself as a "me-too interventionist, only less" to create enough separation to get more voters to notice he represented a real break from that status quo framework.

Trump's success (and Bush's inability to get anywhere) does point to the theme Justin Raimondo and others have suggested, that the war-weary public will likely not elect another Republican to the White House unless and until they repudiate the Bush Inc. decision to launch the Iraq war. Every time the neocons continue to foster the idea that their exceptionalism notions cannot be questioned or act as if nothing has changed, they betray to voters that they are totally unrepentant about the last decade's worth of interventions. In response, the public has turned to Trump, who does specifically reject the Iraq war, while posturing as anti-establishment enough to back it up.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 11-12-2015 at 04:43 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Rand appears to know how to conduct triangulation tactically (to make a point or win a current battle, such as to create a news byte) but has not used it strategically to win the war to get the nomination. If he had done the latter he would have laid off Trump and concentrated on the neocons, using their unchanging belligerent more-war framework to project himself as the saner alternative. Rand instead has focused too long on painting himself as a "me-too interventionist, only less" to create enough separation to get more voters to notice he represented a real break from that status quo framework.

Trump's success (and Bush's inability to get anywhere) does point to the theme Justin Raimondo and others have suggested, that the war-weary public will likely not elect another Republican to the White House unless and until they repudiate the Bush Inc. decision to launch the Iraq war. Every time the neocons continue to foster the idea that their exceptionalism notions cannot be questioned or act as if nothing has changed, they betray to voters that they are totally unrepentant about the last decade's worth of interventions. In response, the public has turned to Trump, who does specifically reject the Iraq war, while posturing as anti-establishment enough to back it up.
    This next foreign policy debate should be interesting. I expect they will do what you describe which will give Rand a boost. It probably will not matter which way Trump goes in the debate but it will matter in the general if he goes full Neocon which I doubt. I expect he will continue to call them out over the Iraq war.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.