Thread: Reason making sense again

Reason making sense again

Worried About Rand Paul Falling in the Polls? Don't Be.
    Numbers this far out mean little under the best of circumstances. And these are not the best of circumstances.

Stephanie Slade
    Aug. 3, 2015 3:05 pm

Is Rand Paul's campaign in the midst of a collapse? Everyone from Nate Silver to Politico to the thinkers at Salon has suggested as much. It's fast becoming conventional wisdom that the Kentucky senator is dead in the water.

That's absurd on many levels, as my colleague Brian Doherty outlined beautifully last week. After all, John McCain's campaign struggled mightily in the money game and underwent a pretty serious reorganization during the '08 primary cycle. It didn't stop him from snagging the Republican nomination.

But what to make of the polling? There's no denying that Paul's standing has slipped. His RealClearPolitics average has gone from 17 percent in 2013 to less than 6 percent today. If you're a fan of Rand, should you be concerned?

Hardly.

read more:
    http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/03/wo...lling-in-the-p

related:
    The "Rand Paul is Over" Wave is Cresting

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, are they as good as a stopped calendar? Do they manage to be correct once a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, are they as good as a stopped calendar? Do they manage to be correct once a month?
    well, twice in a week.
    Last edited by jct74; 08-04-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    well, twice this week.
    Wow. I think I'll mark my calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Between their constant attacks in the media and the polling manipulation that is going on, it certainly would give the impression that Rand's campaign is sinking. However, if that is the case, why do they continue to pounce on him even though his campaign is "finished.." Because it's all media/artificially polling created bull$#@!! They know he's in possession of the largest grassroots movement/organization in the country and despite the low polling numbers and perceived campaign weakness is still the top candidate that is currently being attacked by both the media and campaign affiliated organizations of any candidate in the race on both sides. They're doing their best in trying to knock the enthusiasm of Rand's supporters out of them before this thing really gets started. I'm of the opinion that the Rand surge is going to come so long as his base stays with him and when it does come it will come at a time when the pollsters HAVE to report the truth and if Rand is able to keep his supporters energized until this surge happens it's going to be awful tough on them to knock him down like they did Ron with the newsletters. Come on guys, the media is setting the agenda and controlling the narrative as they always do, yet people are falling for their manipulation tactics. Do you guy's really think Ron "surged" to 24% in the weeks leading up to Iowa?? Hell no! He was there the whole damn time! These people didn't just suddenly say hey, I like Ron Paul.. The same is currently happening with Rand, they know his surge will come once we get into that 2 month window so currently what they're trying to do is dampen the enthusiasm of his base which will knock down just how much of a surge he gets. If they can knock out the enthusiasm of his supporters, the surge will not be that much. However if Rand can maintain the enthusiasm of his supporters, his surge in Iowa will be as great as Ron's which will then make it much more difficult to put out like a wild fire with so many candidates to choose from, especially considering the students will be back in session giving Rand an even bigger surge.

I just hate it to see that the MSM is succeeding in their attempts to dampen the support of Rand especially among supporters here having forgot just how manipulative they were against Ron. I'm of the opinion that they maybe peaking to early in their efforts in trying to knock Rand out of the race. As bad as it may seem, if Rand can weather the storm and hang onto the support base of his fathers, he's going to come back with a vengeance while they just may have used up all their ammunition. Make no mistake Rand is going to get his "surge" simply by the pollsters adjusting their polling models, but the grassroots has to make sure Rand is in position to take advantage of his surge when it comes. If even his most hardcore supporters jump off the train before it happens then they win, if not, they damn well know they're going to have a fight on their hands and possibly a brokered convention which is why I believe their flooding the field with so many candidates especially from states with big delegate voters. I mean think about it, New York, Ohio, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, California, Virginia, and South Carolina. If option number 1 don't work, they got option number 2. Come on guys, I hate seeing all this negativity especially when we know all the dirty tricks they used against Ron, but this time they seem to be going about it more subtle and quiet. I think they're peaking to early in their attacks and if Rand can weather the storm, he'll be in a great position to take advantage of their mess up. He's just got to make sure YOU are still on board!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

McCain had the establishment's blessing............. Horrible comparison.