Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Traffic Stops for License Plates, Tail Lights, Seatbelts Can be a Death Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Well the cops are pretty much retarded. They don't understand the law they are enforcing, and that is why knowing your constitutional rights means $#@! around them. If you lined up every cop in the country I'd be surprised if 10% knew all the amendments.
    10%?! Not 1% of that.

Bear in mind we live in a nation peopled by willful ignorants. They are no longer even neutral on their ignorance, much less ashamed. Their foppish intellects have become badges of honor among them, much as the conviction records of politicians became such in the years following Watergate. No rational and decent man looks with even modest penetration at what goes on around him without concluding that we all live in a wildly dangerous insane asylum. The superficial eye does not pick it up because of the heavy veneered layers of bright-shiny stuff that distracts it from clear sight.

But when you take a seat in the places that stupid people such as myself tend to spend time in close observation, the world takes on a very different cast when one couches what is seen with the general trends as well as some of the specifics, human proclivities as demonstrated by the empirical evidence, and the fact that under current circumstances one can become wealthy by betting on the worse cases developing almost universally in favor of the better. We're on the spiral downward. Only a fool tells himself otherwise.

Perhaps Theye have planned it all. Perhaps this is just the inescapable conclusion to which our ever-devolving culture must arrive and to which no power will now spare us. I'm not sure it matters at this point. We are teetering on an ever narrowing edge, economically speaking. Forget the terrorists and all the other boogiemen of whom we are constantly bid live in fear. When the economy goes, you will no longer give those the least thought, as you fight off your next door neighbor who is doing his level best to relieve you of your ever-so-tasty looking right thigh because he and his family have not eaten in four days.

Why would a cop know the law? Why would he WANT to? It would serve only as an impediment to efficient action. Thinking takes effort; effort that is better spent chewing his donut or pounding in the skull of his next victim.

If I were you, and I'm not, I would watch the Cincinnati case very carefully for the outcome. I am ever curious to see whether this guy gets off with a very light sentence or even escapes entirely. A setup is already seeming to rise: despite the apparently damning evidence he still pleads not-guilty. That suggests either strategy, or perhaps it is nothing fancier than pure brass. The prosecutor did not ask bail be denied in the face of that same damning evidence. Why? Because he has to appease the cops with whom he must often work? That is no excuse at all. Given the evidence and the likely outcome it would produce in an HONEST courtroom, the cop presents a prime flight risk. Anyone thinking that Mr. Piggy is likely to sit idly by to be caged for the rest of his life when all he has to do is grab the next slow boat to Rio must be crazy.

So we have a not-guilty plea in the face of devastating evidence and a prosecutor content to leave the man to his leisure on bond. Perhaps the world is just gone that looney and I am that out of touch with current reality. Or perhaps everybody involved will seek to soft-peddle as either the accused is able to hoof it to parts far enough flung, or the fix is put in at trial. Time will tell, I suppose. At this point, my greater surprise will be if they convict and put him into a cage for the rest of his life, hard time with no parole. I don't see it happening.
    Last edited by osan; 08-03-2015 at 06:24 AM. Reason: "guilty" <> "not guilty" DUH.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    h/t Suzanimal

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uhhhh, there's that *** talk again.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    10%?! Not 1% of that.

Bear in mind we live in a nation peopled by willful ignorants. They are no longer even neutral on their ignorance, much less ashamed. Their foppish intellects have become badges of honor among them, much as the conviction records of politicians became such in the years following Watergate. No rational and decent man looks with even modest penetration at what goes on around him without concluding that we all live in a wildly dangerous insane asylum. The superficial eye does not pick it up because of the heavy veneered layers of bright-shiny stuff that distracts it from clear sight.

But when you take a seat in the places that stupid people such as myself tend to spend time in close observation, the world takes on a very different cast when one couches what is seen with the general trends as well as some of the specifics, human proclivities as demonstrated by the empirical evidence, and the fact that under current circumstances one can become wealthy by betting on the worse cases developing almost universally in favor of the better. We're on the spiral downward. Only a fool tells himself otherwise.

Perhaps Theye have planned it all. Perhaps this is just the inescapable conclusion to which our ever-devolving culture must arrive and to which no power will now spare us. I'm not sure it matters at this point. We are teetering on an ever narrowing edge, economically speaking. Forget the terrorists and all the other boogiemen of whom we are constantly bid live in fear. When the economy goes, you will no longer give those the least thought, as you fight off your next door neighbor who is doing his level best to relieve you of your ever-so-tasty looking right thigh because he and his family have not eaten in four days.

Why would a cop know the law? Why would he WANT to? It would serve only as an impediment to efficient action. Thinking takes effort; effort that is better spent chewing his donut or pounding in the skull of his next victim.

If I were you, and I'm not, I would watch the Cincinnati case very carefully for the outcome. I am ever curious to see whether this guy gets off with a very light sentence or even escapes entirely. A setup is already seeming to rise: despite the apparently damning evidence he still pleads not-guilty. That suggests either strategy, or perhaps it is nothing fancier than pure brass. The prosecutor did not ask bail be denied in the face of that same damning evidence. Why? Because he has to appease the cops with whom he must often work? That is no excuse at all. Given the evidence and the likely outcome it would produce in an HONEST courtroom, the cop presents a prime flight risk. Anyone thinking that Mr. Piggy is likely to sit idly by to be caged for the rest of his life when all he has to do is grab the next slow boat to Rio must be crazy.

So we have a not-guilty plea in the face of devastating evidence and a prosecutor content to leave the man to his leisure on bond. Perhaps the world is just gone that looney and I am that out of touch with current reality. Or perhaps everybody involved will seek to soft-peddle as either the accused is able to hoof it to parts far enough flung, or the fix is put in at trial. Time will tell, I suppose. At this point, my greater surprise will be if they convict and put him into a cage for the rest of his life, hard time with no parole. I don't see it happening.

Trooper Who Arrested Sandra Bland Surrenders After Perjury Charge

http://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-arr...ry?id=36151211

The Texas trooper who arrested Sandra Bland surrendered to police Thursday after being charged with perjury, according to authorities.

Brian Encinia, was booked around 3:30 p.m. on the misdemeanor charge and released on $2,500 bond, the Waller County Sheriff said.

Further details were not immediately available about the perjury charge.

Don't be the next testosterone poisoning casualty.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post
    True, but it is more about starting the lawful and peaceful revolution than the multitude of reasons for doing it.

Ninety % of the worthy posts in this forum justify such a revolution.

It's more a matter of people realizing that partisan politics is never going to do anything except dig a deeper hole for us. The problem is people get overwhelmed and dissociate the justifications for dispensing with the diversionary mindset the NWO has worked so hard to develop as a default in the populations.
    The populace does not want freedom, for their fellow man. Hence, they get nothing.

Another reason to never buy into the Nazi DMV system, do not enter into a contract with the state for the privilege to "travel".
    When detained for any reason while traveling ask for an attorney, remain silence... AN ALWAYS HAVE YOUR CAMERA ROLLING!

Please be respectful to the homicidal officer.

Regards

Acesfull

Get Ready – Sam Dubose’s Killer Set to be Next Cop to Walk Free for Murdering a Citizen on Video

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/get...citizen-video/

Ray Tensing may be the next killer cop to walk free after shooting dead an unarmed motorist. Tensing claims he was being dragged yet body camera footage does not support that contention. Testimony in the trial for the defense has concluded. It is Tensing's second trial. The first one ended in a hung jury.

In the wake of Officer Jeronimo Yanez’ not-guilty verdict in the shooting death of Philando Castile, and amid mass protests over such a verdict, citizens are bracing for yet another ruling in the trial of former University of Cincinnati Officer Ray Tensing.

Tensing, who shot and killed Sam DuBose, is facing his second trial after prosecutors’ first attempt at convicting him for murder and manslaughter ended in hung jury. The mistrial resulted in Tensing being retried with a second jury, a trial which could conclude as early as this week.

As The Free Thought Project reported at the time of the shooting, Tensing killed DuBose after pulling him over and discovering he did not have a license plate on the front of his vehicle. He also did not have his drivers license in his possession but did have a bottle of gin in the car.

After Tensing told him to take off his seatbelt, and while the officer was trying to open the driver’s side car door, DuBose attempted to drive off. Tensing quickly opened fire shooting the man in the head, who continued driving down the road until the car crashed.

From the body camera footage, Tensing can be seen attempting to reach into the vehicle, possibly in an effort to turn off the car’s engine, when DuBose hit the accelerator.

Tensing told fellow officers he was being “dragged,” but dashcam footage did not corroborate his claims. Now, testimony in the case is winding down, and the former officer is waiting to see if he will be as fortunate as Yanez or have to spend years in prison for taking an unarmed motorist’s life.

READ MORE: Cops Shoot, Handcuff 15yo Boy, Left Him in the Street for Hours as He Bled to Death

When grilled over his contention he was being dragged, Tensing testified this week;

After studying the body camera footage, I see now that (DuBose) pinned it

He testified he believed his life to be in danger and was forced to “end the threat” which is the reason he gave for shooting DuBose. Forensic video analyst Grant Fredericks testified for the prosecution, giving a moment by moment analysis of the body camera footage. Tensing fired back;

No disrespect to Mr. Fredericks, but he was not there experiencing what I was experiencing…He watched the body camera video, he was not in my head and seeing what I was seeing and he was not feeling what I was feeling

To many who were following the Castile story, Yanez should not have been acquitted. By all accounts, including the dash cam footage from his squad car, Castile was being compliant, even informing the officer he was in legal possession of a firearm. That statement is required by law in many states when a police officer makes a traffic stop and a motorist holds a concealed carry permit, as Castile did at the time he lost his life.

The mere fact he informed Yanez he was armed should have indicated to the officer he was no threat to the public servant. Instead of watching and waiting patiently for Castile to retrieve both his license and his permit to carry, Yanez got nervous, feared for his life, and killed Castile in front of his girlfriend and a child.

Since Yanez was found not guilty, then there is no reason to believe Tensing will be convicted either. Castile was compliant. DuBose was not. Castile informed the officer he was licensed, while DuBose did not have a valid license to drive and was in someone else’s car, which lacked a license plate. Castile was sitting still with his car in park. DuBose was fidgety, and attempted to make a getaway.

READ MORE: Man Prevents a Murder by Disarming Attacker, Police Show Up and Kill Him

Castile was shot dead in front of his girlfriend and his child, yet no one else was in the car with DuBose to support his side of the story. All of which could lead many to conclude Tensing will walk away from the court as a free man — but none of which justify the deaths of either man.

And so the problem of police brutality, excessive use of force, and death by cop will likely continue, and along with the perceived inhumanity will come more protests, more outrage, and potentially more retaliations and assassinations of law enforcement officers such as was witnessed in both Texas and Louisiana. Something has to change.

Castile, arguably, would still be alive today if he had simply lied to the officer about his possession of a firearm. Had he simply handed over his drivers license and received a ticket for having a broken taillight, he would still be on this side of eternity — all of which may lead others to lie to police officers while stopped, simply to keep an already nervous cop from killing them.

It should be noted that the only other time Tensing had discharged his weapon in the line of duty was when he attempted to shoot a dog. Prosecutors grilled him over that incident asking the former officer, “Is it easier to shoot and kill a human being who wasn’t moving, like Sam DuBose, who was trapped in his car with his seatbelt on and you were only one or two feet away?”

You know things are bad when the National Review starts declaring "bad" shoots :

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...rriage-justice

The Philando Castile Verdict Was a Miscarriage of Justice

Yesterday, a Minnesota jury acquitted St. Anthony, Minnesota, police officer Jeronimo Yanez of second-degree manslaughter charges in the shooting of Philando Castile. In considering the rightness of the verdict, pay close attention to the transcript of the fatal encounter.

snip

If you read carefully, you’ll note that it appears that the officer shot Castile for doing exactly what the officer told him to do. Yanez asked for Castile’s license. Castile told him that he had a gun, and the officer – rather than asking for his carry permit, or asking where the gun was, or asking to see Castile’s hands – just says, “Don’t reach for it then.” At that point, Castile is operating under two commands. Get his license, and don’t reach for his gun. As Castile reaches for his license (following the officer’s orders), and he assures him that he’s not reaching for the gun (also following the officer’s orders). The entire encounter, he assures Yanez that he’s following Yanez’s instructions. He died anyway.

snip

It all depends on who possesses the gun. If he’s a concealed-carry permit-holder, then he’s in one of the most law-abiding demographics in America. In recent months we’ve seen a number of cases where courts have excused police for shooting citizens even after the police made mistakes — and the citizens were doing nothing wrong — simply because these citizens were exercising their Second Amendment rights.

This is unacceptable, and it represents the most extreme possible deprivation of civil rights and civil liberties. I understand the inherent danger of police work. I also understand the legal responsibilities of men and women who volunteer to put on that uniform, and the legal rights of the citizens they’ve sworn to protect and serve. I’m aware of no evidence that Yanez panicked because Castile was black. But whether he panicked because of race, simply because of the gun, or because of both, he still panicked, and he should have been held accountable. The jury’s verdict was a miscarriage of justice.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 06-20-2017 at 03:51 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

How Traffic Stops for License Plates, Tail Lights, Seatbelts Can be a Death Sentence
    War on Us

From another thread (underline emphasis added): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...to-fight-crime
    [US Attorney General Jeff] Sessions chooses 12 cities to receive more manpower to fight crime

[...]

“The attorney general and I understand that every time you pull a vehicle over, execute a search warrant or step out in your uniform, you are faced with a potentially fatal situation,” [Deputy Attorney General Rod J.] Rosenstein said.

[...]
    If you are not a government official - or you don't have a costume & badge issued by them - then you are the enemy ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

But it'll be different when it comes to immigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12