Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to the ER this morning.

Unhappy I went to the ER this morning.

I starting having excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen - it was so bad I couldn't stand up. Mr Animal took me to the ER because he was worried it could be my appendix. Turns out I have a huge cyst on my right ovary. The Dr gave me morphine at the hospital and sent me home with antibiotics and Lortabs and told me to go see my gyn ASAP. Of course my gyn closed at noon today so I won't be able to call until Monday.

Anyone else have one of these things?

This is officially my summer of sickness. I've had a terrible cold, bee stings, poison ivy, jalapeno hands, and now an ovarian cyst. Getting old sucks but it's better than the alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I starting having excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen - it was so bad I couldn't stand up. Mr Animal took me to the ER because he was worried it could be my appendix. Turns out I have a huge cyst on my right ovary. The Dr gave me morphine at the hospital and sent me home with antibiotics and Lortabs and told me to go see my gyn ASAP. Of course my gyn closed at noon today so I won't be able to call until Monday.

Anyone else have one of these things?

This is officially my summer of sickness. I've had a terrible cold, bee stings, poison ivy, jalapeno hands, and now an ovarian cyst. Getting old sucks but it's better than the alternative.
    I obviously don't have one of these.. Can't tell you what it's like, theres variety.
    Best to wait for a doc's opinion on this one. I hope you feel better with some pain killers..

*hugs* and get better soon!
    "I am a bird"

No ovaries here.....

Sorry you feel crummy!

Bet you were thankful for the morphine eh?

Nope.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Ouch..yes I had one plus fibroids. Stay away from anything with added hormones, ie estrogen and put castor oil on your abdomen with a heating pad. It may be cyclical.

No, I never have....but I'm keeping you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery, Suz!

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I obviously don't have one of these.. Can't tell you what it's like, theres variety.
    Best to wait for a doc's opinion on this one. I hope you feel better with some pain killers..

*hugs* and get better soon!
    It felt like I had been stabbed. It came on suddenly and just got worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    No ovaries here.....

Sorry you feel crummy!

Bet you were thankful for the morphine eh?
    I <3 morphine. I asked the Dr to send me home with Terry (my nurse) and the morphine drip. He said my insurance wouldn't cover it.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I <3 morphine. I asked the Dr to send me home with Terry (my nurse) and the morphine drip. He said my insurance wouldn't cover it.
    I'm not a fan of downers but when you're in pain nothing works as well (for me) as the naturals...

Opium is refined into morphine FYI.....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Ouch..yes I had one plus fibroids. Stay away from anything with added hormones, ie estrogen and put castor oil on your abdomen with a heating pad. It may be cyclical.
    He said I have a few fibroids and 2 fluid filled cysts. Not cancer but he said they can be painful. Thanks for the tip. I don't want to stay doped up on Lortabs all weekend. I took one and I feel sick to my stomach. I ate a bowl of ice cream for my stomach and my soul.

Be careful. You need to monitor the pain some so you know if you need yo seek immediate help. Ovaries can rupture.

Be careful. You need to monitor the pain some so you know if you need yo seek immediate help. Ovaries can rupture.

He said I have a few fibroids and 2 fluid filled cysts. Not cancer but he said they can be painful. Thanks for the tip. I don't want to stay doped up on Lortabs all weekend. I took one and I feel sick to my stomach. I ate a bowl of ice cream for my stomach and my soul.
    There are some Youtubes on castor oil packs but I just put it straight on the skin and cover with the heating pad.

I'm glad you are okay, Suzianimal. Hope your doctor can see you right away.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I meant ovarian cysts can rupture.

Ugh..I'm allergic to all that stuff and any kind of opiate.

Ovaries can rupture.
    I'm sorry, Suz, but this made me laugh.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay, they told me that. They said that was extremely painful. I can't imagine it being worse than what was going on earlier. Thank God for morphine, it really took the edge off.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I'm sorry, Suz, but this made me laugh.

I was getting ready to call that doctor.

Hope you feel better, Suz.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hope you feel better, Suz.
    Thanks, phil. I'm sure I'll be fine. According to Mr Animal, I'm an "insufferable diva" when I'm not feeling well. If I don't get better soon, I may be out out on the street.

Ugh..I'm allergic to all that stuff and any kind of opiate.
    You've gotta be one tough broad!

I'll snivel and whine like a little girl over a tooth ache.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You've gotta be one tough broad!

I'll snivel and whine like a little girl over a tooth ache.....
    Yes it sucks. Sometimes when my back hurts I do take Ibuprofin but it tears up my stomach. If I have surgery they have to give me Valium in the vein. Last time I woke up before I was supposed to.

Thanks, phil. I'm sure I'll be fine. According to Mr Animal, I'm an "insufferable diva" when I'm not feeling well. If I don't get better soon, I may be out out on the street.
    Tell him you brought his children into this world so shaddup and rub your feet.

Sorry to hear this Suz. Hope you get through this without too much pain.

It's a good thing insurance won't cover the drips; I would be hooked on dilaudid. I try not to take the pills they send you home with, but if I could have a dilaudid drip I'd just be a vegetable for the rest of my life. lol.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes it sucks. Sometimes when my back hurts I do take Ibuprofin but it tears up my stomach. If I have surgery they have to give me Valium in the vein. Last time I woke up before I was supposed to.
    Have you ever tried smoking opium? It might not have the same effect as IV/IM morphine?..

Problem is it's illegal...

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Sorry to hear this Suz. Hope you get through this without too much pain.

It's a good thing insurance won't cover the drips; I would be hooked on dilaudid. I try not to take the pills they send you home with, but if I could have a dilaudid drip I'd just be a vegetable for the rest of my life. lol.
    Good stuff? Should I ask for it if I have this problem again?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Tell him you brought his children into this world so shaddup and rub your feet.
    He bought me ice cream.

Good stuff? Should I ask for it if I have this problem again?
    Yes. I wouldn't care if all of the rest of the painkillers disappeared permanently. This is the only painkiller I've ever really liked. I think you have to be in pretty serious pain; they only gave it to me after trying morphein (sic?) and all the percocet-type things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Yes. I wouldn't care if all of the rest of the painkillers disappeared permanently. This is the only painkiller I've ever really liked. I think you have to be in pretty serious pain; they only gave it to me after trying morphein (sic?) and all the percocet-type things.
    Way back in the dark ages when I worked in the Navy hospital we equated Dilaudid with heroin.

A little bit will knock a big man down.....................And leave him smiling about it.

I wish you relief from pain and fast recovery!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast