Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I went to the ER this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    hmm

something nasty

thinking outloud...

so... you mentioned consuming a large quantity of mexican charro beans which is a mix of bacon and pinto beans

pinto beans are often contaminated, sometimes heavily, with a pesticide called BAS510F aka boscalid
    boscalid is shown to cause ovarian cysts in rats

it may be totally unrelated...
    Mine had fatback and copious amounts of jalapenos and onions. I ate almost a pound of them.
    Dammit, everything's poisoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Dammit, everything's poisoned.
    yeah, we live in a tainted world

but at least you've inspired me:

Its friday. Ima get my homebrew on.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Because God, if nothing else, has a sense of humor.

I'm beginning to get a real "$#@! it all" attitude towards all this "healthy living" $#@!.

If the price to pay to live another ten years, most likely in an addlepated state of pissing oneself in a government nursing home somewhere, after everyone you have ever known or loved or cared about is dead, has forgotten you, or is in a state as bad if not worse than your own, if, I say, the price for that is to spend your prime years grubbing around for organic wheat grass and kosher bugs...well $#@! it, bring me a Whopper and kiss my fat ass.

Once all this is said and done, have a drink.
    I'm of the view that "healthy living" is as much about the present as the future. Even if you don't want to be an athlete or model, etc, your health impacts your mind directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Amen!

Lortabs pair nicely with Franzia. I'm in no pain right now.
    Careful not to have Franzia before any meds/pain killers/etc you take metabolize. You could wind up a deadanimal... Ask your doc or pharmacist about the halflife of your pills/drugs. *hugs*
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Late to the thread.. again. Suz, you poor thing.. get some juicer juice in you.. if for nothing else than to whack down the inflammation - no cruciferous vegs in the juice - you don't want gas pains too. Apple, celery and ginger would be a good starting place.
    Caster oil compress.. check.. you skin will be extra smooth too.
    There's a Chinese herb called Dong Quai you might want to read up on - especially if they want to re-drug you next week. It's like a girl parts tonic... eases lots of things. I've been using it on and off for.. omg.. almost 20 years.. still shocks me that 1995 was 20 years ago. I take it whenever something seems a bit off (didn't wanna go to the TMI zone)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Yes it sucks. Sometimes when my back hurts I do take Ibuprofin but it tears up my stomach. If I have surgery they have to give me Valium in the vein. Last time I woke up before I was supposed to.
    Are we twins by another mother? I am also allergic to anything that started at the poppy - AND the synthetics (like talwin) that mimic opiates. Motrin is my go to and if that doesn't work - ya gotta knock me out with Valium too - - or versed for shorter procedures. I do have more than the usual stock of ice/heat packs and topical things.. oh.. and arnica cream too.

eta.. dong quai.. tastes pretty bad to me (the tea anyway) I use the pills
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Thanks, phil. I'm sure I'll be fine. According to Mr Animal, I'm an "insufferable diva" when I'm not feeling well. If I don't get better soon, I may be out out on the street.
    hehe, my wife and I are the opposite of that. I'm the whiney baby and she's tough when it comes to medical $#@!. Luckily I tend to not have any major problems while she has all kinds of $#@! go wrong. That's probably why we are the way we are. I've never had a catheter and she's probably had more than 10 of them.

Awe Suz, I'm so sorry I missed this thread yesterday. Just do whatever the doc says and I hope you're feeling better soon. It just sucks being sick.

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I'm glad you are okay, Suzianimal. Hope your doctor can see you right away.
    I second all of this. Wishing you speedy advancement to your best health ever!

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    hehe, my wife and I are the opposite of that. I'm the whiney baby and she's tough when it comes to medical $#@!. Luckily I tend to not have any major problems while she has all kinds of $#@! go wrong. That's probably why we are the way we are. I've never had a catheter and she's probably had more than 10 of them.
    I've had 2 catheters in my life and they were awful. Your wife is tough as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Awe Suz, I'm so sorry I missed this thread yesterday. Just do whatever the doc says and I hope you're feeling better soon. It just sucks being sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I second all of this. Wishing you speedy advancement to your best health ever!
    Thanks, I'm much better today.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Late to the thread.. again. Suz, you poor thing.. get some juicer juice in you.. if for nothing else than to whack down the inflammation - no cruciferous vegs in the juice - you don't want gas pains too. Apple, celery and ginger would be a good starting place.
    Caster oil compress.. check.. you skin will be extra smooth too.
    There's a Chinese herb called Dong Quai you might want to read up on - especially if they want to re-drug you next week. It's like a girl parts tonic... eases lots of things. I've been using it on and off for.. omg.. almost 20 years.. still shocks me that 1995 was 20 years ago. I take it whenever something seems a bit off (didn't wanna go to the TMI zone)

Are we twins by another mother? I am also allergic to anything that started at the poppy - AND the synthetics (like talwin) that mimic opiates. Motrin is my go to and if that doesn't work - ya gotta knock me out with Valium too - - or versed for shorter procedures. I do have more than the usual stock of ice/heat packs and topical things.. oh.. and arnica cream too.

eta.. dong quai.. tastes pretty bad to me (the tea anyway) I use the pills
    Thanks, opal.

Dong tea....

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again.

Mornin' Suz....

Hope your dope is holding out......

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Mornin' Suz....

Hope your dope is holding out......
    I'm doing great today. Thanks, tod evans.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I starting having excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen - it was so bad I couldn't stand up. Mr Animal took me to the ER because he was worried it could be my appendix. Turns out I have a huge cyst on my right ovary. The Dr gave me morphine at the hospital and sent me home with antibiotics and Lortabs and told me to go see my gyn ASAP. Of course my gyn closed at noon today so I won't be able to call until Monday.

Anyone else have one of these things?

This is officially my summer of sickness. I've had a terrible cold, bee stings, poison ivy, jalapeno hands, and now an ovarian cyst. Getting old sucks but it's better than the alternative.
    No I never have. But I have heard that taking a very hot bath and applying castor oil packs afterwards can cause them to drain. Know this: the body forms cyst to get rid of toxins. Support your immune system help it get rid of this toxin.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    No I never have. But I have heard that taking a very hot bath and applying castor oil packs afterwards can cause them to drain. Know this: the body forms cyst to get rid of toxins. Support your immune system help it get rid of this toxin.
    I tried taking a bath before I went to the ER and I didn't think I was going to be able to get out of the tub. I didn't know about the castor oil until Carly mentioned it. I plan on doing that today.

My sister had a cyst on her spleen. The castor oil packs/heating pad helped her tremendously. Also Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is great too.

Source
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I'm of the view that "healthy living" is as much about the present as the future. Even if you don't want to be an athlete or model, etc, your health impacts your mind directly.
    Yeah lots of people don't get that part and having a good mental state helps you from drooling and pissing on yourself.

The "$#@! it all" attitude is selfish...it doesn't take into consideration the people around you that love you.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yeah lots of people don't get that part and having a good mental state helps you from drooling and pissing on yourself.

The "$#@! it all" attitude is selfish...it doesn't take into consideration the people around you that love you.
    Amen. Still dealing with fallout from my son's traumatic brain injury trying to get him to do simple things like take his vitamins. Ugh.

Amen. Still dealing with fallout from my son's traumatic brain injury trying to get him to do simple things like take his vitamins. Ugh.
    Is the TBI a concussion, if you don't mind me asking? I know a guy who got one of those boxing a year and a half or so ago. He has the same problem with doing simple stuff. He also has panics because of his experience in the army. Terrible to see a good fella suffer like that.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Is the TBI a concussion, if you don't mind me asking? I know a guy who got one of those boxing a year and a half or so ago. He has the same problem with doing simple stuff. He also has panics because of his experience in the army. Terrible to see a good fella suffer like that.
    No it was a fractured skull with a subdural hematoma resulting in a craniotomy and a cranioplasty. Ie, they removed a third of his skull and replaced 3 months later. Some concussions can cause a lot of ongoing issues too though. His issues are cognitive and behavioral. Trying to get some addition outpatient therapy. Your friend should see a neuropsychologist and look into hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	4410
    Last edited by Carlybee; 08-01-2015 at 11:07 AM.

I'm doing great today. Thanks, tod evans.
    Stay healthy Suz, the World needs you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Amen!

Lortabs pair nicely with Franzia. I'm in no pain right now.
    Thumbs up!

Hope you are feeling better today.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Thanks, HR!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Thumbs up!

Hope you are feeling better today.
    Thanks, I'm much better today. I probably ovary-acted but I was in a lot of pain yesterday. Hopefully, the gyno can get me all straightened out Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    This^^ Where would we be without teh Suzanimal? I shudder to think...

Thanks, I'm much better today. I probably ovary-acted but I was in a lot of pain yesterday. Hopefully, the gyno can get me all straightened out Monday.
    Not that I'd know, but I've heard they are painful as hell.

Glad that you are doing better!

Thanks, HR!

I see what you did there... okay, that was pretty funny.

And on the serioius side, I hope you get good news and a quick and painless solution to the problem tomorrow!

Thanks, HR!

Heh, there is no such thing as over (lmao) reacting when gonads are part of the equation. Glad you are feeling a little better today.

God bless you and your son Carly. No one knows what you're going through except those who have gone through this themselves. I took care of Bruce for 11 years after his car accident that left him so brain damaged. Hypoxia/Anoxia--lost all oxygen to his brain. One day he's a young handsome guy just out for good time and in seconds his life was changed at the scene of the accident. He was driving drunk. He lost his short term memory functions, but still had his past long term memory of his life, family and friends.

I could put his pills in his hand and before he could put them in his mouth, he forgot they were still in his hand. He'd have a thought--start a sentence and then totally forget what he wanted to say. No one understands these people when the brain isn't firing right. They always try to make rhyme and reason out of what they say and do, but you can't.

After 11 years of caring for Bruce, giving him up to the nursing home was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I know what you're going through dear. May the Lord comfort both you and your son.

Glad to see you're feeling better today Suz.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Heh, there is no such thing as over (lmao) reacting when gonads are part of the equation. Glad you are feeling a little better today.
    :P Thanks, Gunny.

Glad to see you're feeling better today Suz.
    Thanks Terry, get some sleep.

God bless you and your son Carly. No one knows what you're going through except those who have gone through this themselves. I took care of Bruce for 11 years after his car accident that left him so brain damaged. Hypoxia/Anoxia--lost all oxygen to his brain. One day he's a young handsome guy just out for good time and in seconds his life was changed at the scene of the accident. He was driving drunk. He lost his short term memory functions, but still had his past long term memory of his life, family and friends.

I could put his pills in his hand and before he could put them in his mouth, he forgot they were still in his hand. He'd have a thought--start a sentence and then totally forget what he wanted to say. No one understands these people when the brain isn't firing right. They always try to make rhyme and reason out of what they say and do, but you can't.

After 11 years of caring for Bruce, giving him up to the nursing home was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I know what you're going through dear. May the Lord comfort both you and your son.
    Thank you. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. His accident was 4 years ago. He's high functioning, works and lives on his own. He's just had some issues crop back up over the last year. If you saw him or talked to him you probably would never even know. Some have it a lot worse but I do think it will be something he will deal with the rest of his life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast