Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I went to the ER this morning.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Have you ever tried smoking opium? It might not have the same effect as IV/IM morphine?..

Problem is it's illegal...
    I've smoked hash back in my hippie days.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    No ovaries here.....

Me neither. I had mine removed at the same time I had my vasectomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Sorry to hear this Suz. Hope you get through this without too much pain.

It's a good thing insurance won't cover the drips; I would be hooked on dilaudid. I try not to take the pills they send you home with, but if I could have a dilaudid drip I'd just be a vegetable for the rest of my life. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Good stuff? Should I ask for it if I have this problem again?
    I would never touch the stuff. They almost killed my mother in law three times with it. The last time they had to shock her, and it still didn't get her heart beating properly. Had to wait for it to wear off before her heart beat normally again. It did the same thing to a friend of mine. A nurse in the family said that she hates to give it to people, side effects can kill. If a patient is susceptible to irregular heartbeat or heart problems, watch out.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I would never touch the stuff. They almost killed my mother in law three times with it. The last time they had to shock her, and it still didn't get her heart beating properly. Had to wait for it to wear off before her heart beat normally again. It did the same thing to a friend of mine. A nurse in the family said that she hates to give it to people, side effects can kill. If a patient is susceptible to irregular heartbeat or heart problems, watch out.
    Thanks, that's good to know. I have a heart defect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I don't hae anything funny to say, but I had to say something dammit. Damn Suz - hope you get better.

I'd be sunk - I have never even been to a gyn outside of that whole birthin' thing.

A family member had one of those. Apparently, a lot of women have them, but they usually don't cause problems unless they swell up. It triggered a hormonal response that made her look pregnant. She had an outpatient procedure where they used a laser to make a small incision, went in with a camera and needle and drained it. After the first procedure, it swelled up again and the did the same procedure again, told her if it happened a 3rd time they would do an oophorectomy, but after the 2nd time, it hasn't happened any more. They asked her if she wanted to get a DVD of the video, she was like hellno.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    A family member had one of those. Apparently, a lot of women have them, but they usually don't cause problems unless they swell up. It triggered a hormonal response that made her look pregnant. She had an outpatient procedure where they used a laser to make a small incision, went in with a camera and needle and drained it. After the first procedure, it swelled up again and the did the same procedure again, told her if it happened a 3rd time they would do an oophorectomy, but after the 2nd time, it hasn't happened any more. They asked her if she wanted to get a DVD of the video, she was like hellno.
    Thanks for the info! I want a video if I have to go through that. I tried to get Mr Animals vas tubes when he had is vasectomy but they wouldn't give them to me.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Incision should heal up quickly, too, if they use the laser. Although you probably shouldn't, you could be back on your feet in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Ouch..yes I had one plus fibroids. Stay away from anything with added hormones, ie estrogen and put castor oil on your abdomen with a heating pad. It may be cyclical.
    Ya the doctor may try to put you on birth control - it works but I would think there may be better natural options.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes it sucks. Sometimes when my back hurts I do take Ibuprofin but it tears up my stomach. If I have surgery they have to give me Valium in the vein. Last time I woke up before I was supposed to.

GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sure it wasn't just the jalapenos?

Suz,

God Bless you. I will keep you in my prayers. Carly's suggestion about Castor Oil is good.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Sure it wasn't just the jalapenos?
    LOL, at first I thought I was having severe gas pains because I ate almost a whole pot of charros beans day before yesterday and last night I had another few bowls. I went on a binge eating spree the other day.

Hi Suz, although never had what your going through, a few years ago, did have to overcome pancreatitis that kept me in the hospital for close to a month, which sucked so I can empathize having to go to the hospital and dealing with pain and pain meds. If you ever have to go in for extended period of time, one thing I learned is believe it or not, the clock can be your best friend. Hospital staff are usually running around playing catch up and when you ask for your pain meds they can take anywhere between 15 minutes to a half hour before getting to you, sometimes even longer. Pro tip I learned is once you have a sense of the timing when the meds are about to wear off you can estimate 20 minutes before to ask the nurse to give you the meds, that way you're not having to go through excruciating pain while waiting for someone to come to your room with the medicine cart. Once you've had whatever procedure is needed you can start to adjust the timing so you become less dependent on the drugs to manage any lingering pain. Not sure this will help in your situation, but figured would mention it for any future situation when dealing with pain management while at a hospital.

Hope you feel better Suz.
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-04-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Hi Suz, although never had what your going through, a few years ago, did have to overcome pancreatitis that kept me in the hospital for close to a month, which sucked so I can empathize having to go to the hospital and dealing with pain and pain meds. If you ever have to go in for extended period of time, one thing I learned is believe it or not, the clock can be your best friend. Hospital staff are usually running around playing catch up and when you ask for your pain meds they can take anywhere between 15 minutes to a half hour before getting to you, sometimes even longer. Pro tip I learned is once you have a sense of the timing when the meds are about to wear off you can estimate 20 minutes before to ask the nurse to give you the meds, that way you're not having to go through excruciating pain while waiting for someone to come to your room with the medicine cart. Once you've had whatever procedure is needed you can start to adjust the timing so you become less dependent on the drugs to manage any lingering pain. Not sure this will help in your situation, but figured would mention it for any future situation when dealing with pain management while at a hospital.

Hope you feel better Suz.
    That's good to know and thanks, orenbus. Sounds like your pancreatitis was (I hope you're cured) a lot worse than what I have going on. I like to post my health problems - not for sympathy (maybe a little) but because I've learned the folks here are a wealth of information. I learn something new every time I read a thread on someones health problems.

Thanks for the info! I want a video if I have to go through that. I tried to get Mr Animals vas tubes when he had is vasectomy but they wouldn't give them to me.
    They look like linguini, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They look like linguini, FYI.
    I know. A friend of mine got his vas tubes, put them in a jar with some liquid, and kept them on his desk. I thought they would add a nice touch to Mr Animals office. I was going to surprise him with them for Christmas.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know. A friend of mine got his vas tubes, put them in a jar with some liquid, and kept them on his desk. I thought they would add a nice touch to Mr Animals office. I was going to surprise him with them for Christmas.

Trust me, the vas tubes would only improve the decor in Mr Animal's office.

I was a test subject for a new, less invasive, vasectomy procedure about twelve year ago now.

Problem was, something went spectarurly wrong, and about foot of vas had to be extracted through an incision about a quarter of an inch.

As that was being done, they knotted around each other and got pulled, hard.

I felt like:

I was a test subject for a new, less invasive, vasectomy procedure about twelve year ago now.

Problem was, something went spectarurly wrong, and about foot of vas had to be extracted through an incision about a quarter of an inch.

As that was being done, they knotted around each other and got pulled, hard.

I felt like:

I don't even have vas tubes and I cringed.

An ovarian cyst is only a symptom of a greater imbalance; much like eating too much dairy or sugar can give teens pimples.
    The problem is not the cyst but which habits, in your life, are causing it.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/ovarian-cyst-remedy
    http://www.ovariancysthelp.com/foods...-ovarian-cyst/

coffee (caffeine)? bacon (processed meats)? wine served from a plastic bag (estrogen mimicking chemicals, nitrates, and alcohol)?

keywords:

ovarian cyst alcohol
    ovarian cyst caffeine
    ovarian cyst estrogen mimicking
    ovarian cyst nitrates
    ovarian cyst food additives

I have a long list of foods I avoid for personal health reasons. Often these are some of the most tempting "treats" in or modern culture. Being good sucks on a ascetic kind of level... but I find a mantra of "its poison don't be fooled" helps me get by.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    An ovarian cyst is only a symptom of a greater imbalance; much like eating too much dairy or sugar can give teens pimples.
    The problem is not the cyst but which habits, in your life, are causing it.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/ovarian-cyst-remedy
    http://www.ovariancysthelp.com/foods...-ovarian-cyst/

coffee (caffeine)? bacon (processed meats)? wine served from a plastic bag (estrogen mimicking chemicals, nitrates, and alcohol)?

keywords:

ovarian cyst alcohol
    ovarian cyst caffeine
    ovarian cyst estrogen mimicking
    ovarian cyst nitrates
    ovarian cyst food additives

I have a long list of foods I avoid for personal health reasons. Often these are some of the most tempting "treats" in or modern culture. Being good sucks on a ascetic kind of level... but I find a mantra of "its poison don't be fooled" helps me get by.

Oh my. That hurt. Why can't something nasty ever be the cause of these things...like liver, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Oh my. That hurt. Why can't something nasty ever be the cause of these things...like liver, for example.
    Because God, if nothing else, has a sense of humor.

I'm beginning to get a real "$#@! it all" attitude towards all this "healthy living" $#@!.

If the price to pay to live another ten years, most likely in an addlepated state of pissing oneself in a government nursing home somewhere, after everyone you have ever known or loved or cared about is dead, has forgotten you, or is in a state as bad if not worse than your own, if, I say, the price for that is to spend your prime years grubbing around for organic wheat grass and kosher bugs...well $#@! it, bring me a Whopper and kiss my fat ass.

Once all this is said and done, have a drink.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-31-2015 at 06:23 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope you're feeling better, my friend.

I'm beginning to get a real "$#@! it all" attitude towards all this "healthy living" $#@!.

If the price to pay to live another ten years, most likely in an addlepated state of pissing oneself in a government nursing home somewhere, after everyone you have ever known or loved or cared about is dead, has forgotten you, or is in a state as bad if not worse than your own, if, I say, the price for that is to spend your prime years grubbing around for organic wheat grass and kosher bugs...well $#@! it, bring me a Whopper and kiss my fat ass.

Truer words. I only eat healthier if it actually tastes better. I never drink or smoke healthier. Unless it tastes better.

Amen!

Lortabs pair nicely with Franzia. I'm in no pain right now.

hmm

something nasty

thinking outloud...

so... you mentioned consuming a large quantity of mexican charro beans which is a mix of bacon and pinto beans

pinto beans are often contaminated, sometimes heavily, with a pesticide called BAS510F aka boscalid
    boscalid is shown to cause ovarian cysts in rats

could acute exposure cause rapid cyst enlargement? hmmm. it may be totally unrelated; but an interesting train of thought nonetheless
    Last edited by presence; 07-31-2015 at 07:38 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast