Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I went to the ER this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Thanks, HR!

Thanks, I'm much better today. I probably ovary-acted but I was in a lot of pain yesterday. Hopefully, the gyno can get me all straightened out Monday.
    You didn't ovary- act. . Those suckers hurt...especially when they feel like they're twisted or something.hope it turns out to be minor.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Thank you. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. His accident was 4 years ago. He's high functioning, works and lives on his own. He's just had some issues crop back up over the last year. If you saw him or talked to him you probably would never even know. Some have it a lot worse but I do think it will be something he will deal with the rest of his life.
    Thank goodness your son is able to function on his own like that, it could have been much worse. I used to go to many of the TBI meetings with Bruce and there were many like your son who were still able to function and work, but still living with symptoms from their brain injuries. He has so much to be thankful for that he was able to recover to the degree that he did. Bruce was not so lucky to escape. He had his accident back in 2000 in January when the roads were icy and drinking on top of that. A lesson that he didn't even have the opportunity to learn from and sadly so. He'd been warned so many times before by his parents and friends until one day their fears became an awful reality. So happy for your son that he did escape this awful fate.

Thanks Terry, get some sleep.
    I did--I took your advice and drank a lot more wine and it worked. I slept like a baby last night and feel great today. Hope you're still feeling better today.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Thank goodness your son is able to function on his own like that, it could have been much worse. I used to go to many of the TBI meetings with Bruce and there were many like your son who were still able to function and work, but still living with symptoms from their brain injuries. He has so much to be thankful for that he was able to recover to the degree that he did. Bruce was not so lucky to escape. He had his accident back in 2000 in January when the roads were icy and drinking on top of that. A lesson that he didn't even have the opportunity to learn from and sadly so. He'd been warned so many times before by his parents and friends until one day their fears became an awful reality. So happy for your son that he did escape this awful fate.
    He still needs some more cognitive and behavioral therapy due to impulsivity and trouble with self awareness of what he can and can't do plus extreme neuro fatigue which affects work but yes it could have been much worse. He lost no motor skills. He did lose his olfactory senses but they're coming back. For my part it's been expensive. His dad doesn't help.

I'm feeling fine today. I have a gyno appt in the morning and plan on spending the afternoon painting my toenails and grooming the nether regions for my appt tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

people groom their nether regions for doctor appts? I must be my doctor's rudest patient
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    people groom their nether regions for doctor appts? I must be my doctor's rudest patient
    I always get a perm and color treatment. I thought everyone did?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I always get a perm and color treatment. I thought everyone did?
    I know I always do.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post

I don't want anything impeding my examination.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

"The Patriarch"

so.. Suz.. you gonna live?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I know I always do.
    Cats can't get perms, silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Went to the gyno today and she told me I have a simple cyst. She said it's on the large side of normal but they typically go away on their own and since my pain has been replaced with slight discomfort, she wants me to come back in two weeks for an ultrasound to see if it's shrinking.

Went to the gyno today and she told me I have a simple cyst. She said it's on the large side of normal but they typically go away on their own and since my pain has been replaced with slight discomfort, she wants me to come back in two weeks for an ultrasound to see if it's shrinking.
    Good to hear. Hopefully things will be even better in two weeks. Just went to see the doc today myself. Now that I've turned 50 he's scheduling me for a colonoscopy. I don't know exactly what is involved but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like it.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That's what mine was. Glad it wasn't too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Good to hear. Hopefully things will be even better in two weeks. Just went to see the doc today myself. Now that I've turned 50 he's scheduling me for a colonoscopy. I don't know exactly what is involved but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like it.
    I took my mom for a colonoscopy last year, lol. The Rear Admiral told her he's see her again in 5 years (her colon was a s clean as a whistle) and she said, "Oh hell no you won't. You just best lose my number." My mom will be 86 in 5 years. Wth are they even going to do if they find something.

That's what mine was. Glad it wasn't too serious.
    I'm glad yours isn't serious either but the damn things sure do hurt.

Phil.. I got that welcome to 50 birthday present too.. didn't cash in for a couple years - still.. not a happy thing to prep for. Versed is a wonder though.

Suz.. so glad it's not something worse.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

LoL...jesus...

Glad you are OK.

Glad everything is okay.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I took my mom for a colonoscopy last year, lol. The Rear Admiral told her he's see her again in 5 years (her colon was a s clean as a whistle) and she said, "Oh hell no you won't. You just best lose my number." My mom will be 86 in 5 years. Wth are they even going to do if they find something.

I'm glad yours isn't serious either but the damn things sure do hurt.
    Yes! Try the castor oil and heating pad.

Dayam where do you find this stuff lol

Dayam where do you find this stuff lol
    You don't want to know.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't want to know.
    thanks for filtering out the bad content for us

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

When I went to the ER, I was told I owed $500.00 co pay. Paid it all right then. Monday I get a reimbursement check from the hospital for 89.00 then today I get a bill from the hospital for $565.00. WTF?

Sorry to hear this Suz, hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like minor, outpatient surgery. That's the good news.

-t

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234