Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in the wind.

This guys KLR videos are funny

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I get a cruiser I will almost certainly be sticking a top case on it. Is that considered blasphemy?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    If I get a cruiser I will almost certainly be sticking a top case on it. Is that considered blasphemy?

thats gay as $#@!. The only thing to do with a cruiser is bob it and paint all the chrome black. Cruisers aren't for practicality, mostly for getting pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    thats gay as $#@!. The only thing to do with a cruiser is bob it and paint all the chrome black. Cruisers aren't for practicality, mostly for getting pussy.
    Awesome. I want to be gay. And carry stuff around like a scooter can. Don't H.D. riders usually dress up like gay pirates anyhow?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber $12400 MSRP

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/...RDER-121464041

Hmmm. That's nice. Wonder if you can put a two seater and some pegs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Hmmm. That's nice. Wonder if you can put a two seater and some pegs on it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Hahahah...yah, that was my first reaction as well.

Ok, so all this new bike talk has got me going...

Here's where my tastes are running right now:

The Victory "Eight Ball"...they had one of the these at the dealer, Victory line is being discontinued by Polaris, reduced for quick sale, new left over, to $8800.

The HD Softail "Slim" - MSRP $15000 - Downside, new design which means all computerized...

The classic HD softail, which is dated looking but I still love that pseudo chopper look. Gently used, non computerized, non emission model for around $5-6000

Or bite the bullet and undertake a new construction?

Was my first bike.
    Here's almost an exact duplicate of how it looked once in the hardtail frame.

Minus the oil tank, I blanked off and tapped fittings in the frame to use as an oil tank.

Mine had a little more rake, was all black, (chrome don't get you home) and had a girder front.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-09-2017 at 10:26 PM.

lol. Yeah, I know. I just been one seatin it too long, man. lolol.

Bay Bridge & freeways in CA require a minimum of 150cc. I'd like to at least be legal to utilize them minimally. But I think I would need closer to 500cc to expect to access them with any frequency.
    You couldn't pay me to take anything 150 or 200cc onto a California freeway.

If traffic is 100% stopped you'd be fine, but if it's flowing - especially off and on - you'd never ever keep up with traffic. You'd create a hazard.

Edit: Let me explain. That 200cc scooter, for example, has 15 hp and 11 ft/lb of torque. It weighs 297 pounds dry. Let's be generous and say that you, all your gear, whatever's in your top box, and all fluids in the bike combined weigh 203 pounds total. That puts the total weight at 500 pounds.

That's 33.3 pounds per horsepower. Even the very $#@!tiest econobox of a car is a rocketship compared to that scooter.

The Smart Fortwo, which is a pile of garbage masquerading as a car, has 23.0 pounds per horsepower. It, one of the slowest cars you can buy, is 1/3rd more powerful than that scooter.

The Mitsubishi Mirage, which is evidently the very slowest car you can buy in the United States and takes 12.8 seconds to get from 0 to 60 mph has 29 lbs per horsepower and is therefore still more than 10% faster than that scooter.

Not only that, those cars have multiple gears with which to use that horsepower. You, with one gear from 0 to 60-whatever, will be the absolute slowest thing on the freeway. In my opinion, that is a dangerous situation for anyone on two wheels.

In contrast, a 300cc bike like the Ninja 300 or CB300F make 25-30 hp but weigh the same-ish. The Rebel 300 makes 25-ish hp but weighs a hundred pounds more. They're fully twice as fast as the scooter... and still considered 'too slow' for the freeway by some. Those bikes are about as fast as a normal car. 500cc bikes are in the 40-ish hp realm.
    Last edited by TheCount; 05-09-2017 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thats more like it, I like. Tough.

Awesome. I want to be gay. And carry stuff around like a scooter can. Don't H.D. riders usually dress up like gay pirates anyhow?
    'A lot of them do this is true, but you can't put a top case on a chopper, leather saddle bags with tassels go for it. Get a scooter, a 250 would be perfect for California even on the highway, plenty of storage, plenty practicality, nothing gay about it.

If it's going to be a Harley I would love a bobber, especially a classic flathead total loss, or a WLA. XRs are pretty cool too.

Tough

Really I'm a sucker for the Art Deco style and fenders of the chief, park it next to my duesenberg.

you can't put a top case on a chopper, leather saddle bags with tassels go for it.
    For the sake of argument, I don't see anything wrong with this whatsoever:

Or this:

Last edited by anaconda; 05-10-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Real men ride Vespas:

For the sake of argument, I don't see anything wrong with this whatsoever:

Or this:

That's a full dress bagger, another matter. The sportster is an abomination.

Real men ride Vespas:

yes they do, I had a rally 200 myself. Always partial to the lambretta.

I competed two years in ESRA with a hopped up kymco super 9

nothing was more fun or turned more heads then the Italjet(piaggio group) Dragster 180, it had malossi everything and was good for 100+ mph, as much fun as a big bore two stroke snow machine.

'Here's my firecat I had up in the arctic

That's a full dress bagger, another matter. The sportster is an abomination.
    Is this an abomination?..

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The sportster is an abomination.
    Practical. Why not have some good storage space?

Last edited by anaconda; 05-10-2017 at 01:08 AM.

I guess a metric cruiser can have a top case if you must, please don't.

Heres half my trip to work on a DRZ 400(another great first bike)

trip up Mauna Kea on the KLR and round the backside

I mostly deal in dualport bikes these days, though I feel the itch for a Speed Triple.
    Last edited by afwjam; 05-10-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Ok, so all this new bike talk has got me going...

Here's where my tastes are running right now:

The Victory "Eight Ball"...they had one of the these at the dealer, Victory line is being discontinued by Polaris, reduced for quick sale, new left over, to $8800.

The HD Softail "Slim" - MSRP $15000 - Downside, new design which means all computerized...

The classic HD softail, which is dated looking but I still love that pseudo chopper look. Gently used, non computerized, non emission model for around $5-6000

Or bite the bullet and undertake a new construction?

That eight ball looks to be a fine ride. Of course I would take those monkey bars off it...
    "The Patriarch"

Real men ride Vespas:

Looks pretty gay too me.
    "The Patriarch"

That eight ball looks to be a fine ride. Of course I would take those monkey bars off it...
    $8800.00 for a 103.........

That's a steal...

S&S is getting almost that much for a long block.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

That's a steal...

Yep, my thoughts exactly. And plenty of opportunity to 'personalize' it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

That's a steal...

I know, right?

They were blowing them out at what was probably below cost.

More than likely gone now...but I think I will ride over this afternoon and see.

If it's going to be a Harley I would love a bobber, especially a classic flathead total loss, or a WLA. XRs are pretty cool too.

Tough
    Oh yeah, that one speaks to me..."Rat Bike" vibe, no visible oil tank, no battery, Morris Magneto ignition.

Tough is right...tough as steel balls.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That is so me..
    Change to single carb, and buck horn bars.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That is so me..
    Change to single carb, and buck horn bars.
    If you look close Pete, it looks to me like they are still, to this day, using Amal slide valve carbs.

It's a shame they swapped the gear/rear brake around to the "right" sides, and the water cooling I don't care for, but it's still a sweet ride.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-10-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast