Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in the wind.

Back in the wind.

After a 25+ year dry spell.

No vintage Brit or American iron, but rides sweet nevertheless.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I thought it was the beef jerky that gave you the wind something terrible...

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sweet, I've been thinking about getting one just like that. Feels good huh?
    "The Patriarch"

Bad-ass! And of course I'm assuming you filled out the proper paperwork, completed any required training, and gotten your motorcycle license.

We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself on that thing.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Sweet, I've been thinking about getting one just like that. Feels good huh?
    Yes, yes it does.

It's an 800 Vulcan, one of the smaller ones, with a "softail" frame setup, no fuel injection, no computer engine controls.

2005 with 7182 miles on it.

Paid $2100

Got a little damage on the starboard side where the kid who had it laid it down, a scrape on the tank, lower pipe, and turn signal.

If the mood hits me, it may transform over the winter into this:

Or this:

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Bad-ass! And of course I'm assuming you filled out the proper paperwork, completed any required training, and gotten your motorcycle license.

We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself on that thing.
    Oh of course, all legal...and a full helmet. (not)
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-31-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Sweet, man. Congratulations!

''Full moon is rising
    The sky is black
    I heed your call I'm coming back
    The road is straight cast
    Wind's in my eyes
    The engine roars between my thighs

From desert plains I bring you love

Wild mountain thunder
    Echoes my quest
    My body aches but I'll not rest
    Quartz light to guide me
    Till sunrise leads
    My passion screams, my heart it bleeds

Then in the distance
    I see you stand
    On the horizon you raise your hand
    In burning rubber
    I end my quest
    You fall into my arms and rest

From desert plains I bring you love''

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    how does Donna like the back of that thing?
    "The Patriarch"

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Nice. Enjoy yourself but not so much you get killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Nice. Enjoy yourself but not so much you get killed.
    Sez the Animal dropping Lortabs and wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sez the Animal dropping Lortabs and wine.
    It was perfectly safe. My mom was supervising and besides, the label said to "use caution when mixing with alcohol". I was very cautious. I didn't operate any heavy machinery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It was perfectly safe. My mom was supervising and besides, the label said to "use caution when mixing with alcohol". I was very cautious. I didn't operate any heavy machinery.
    Well, that's no damn fun.

I once spent a day at a buddy's farm, years ago, thrashing around on a bulldozer after dropping mescalin.

Lol, title fooled me. Thought it was about a boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I let other people buy the boats.

Top Gear, 1949

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

I'm jealous...

...that you don't have to worry about seatbelt tickets.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I'm jealous...

...that you don't have to worry about seatbelt tickets.
    I'm in NH.

I don't have to worry about those anyway.

Or helmet tickets.

Cool

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I let other people buy the boats.
    If it flies, floats or $#@!s it's cheaper to rent. Or so Danke has told me.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Cool

I thought this was the Arlo song?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Cool

I gotta tell you Pete, it was missing a chance to bid on this: (I honestly didn't know you still owned it)

that prompted me to say $#@! it all, not letting another chance slip by.

So, in a way, I can thank you for getting me back on two wheels again.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If it flies, floats or $#@!s it's cheaper to rent. Or so Danke has told me.
    Trust me on that one.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This belongs here.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    This belongs here.

I looked it up, but your link doesn't load. She would be a nice addition to your bike.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Cool! What's a Vulcan?
    After my own 25+ year dry spell, I got one of these:

The picture isn't mine. My bike is blue (same year, a 2001), and has had the fairing removed. With a tuned exhaust, bigger carb, and 20 more cc's, it'll do 50+ mph. Tomos Targa LX. Best past of all: no license whatsoever, no tags, no insurance, no registration, no plates, no nothing! Completely unregulated! Was able to beat real id, and there's only about 3-6 days a year when it snows here and I can't ride. Got a rainsuit, a rain cover, and made a rain cover for the air intake.

After riding it around for months, I finally had my first run-in with the cops yesterday. I sped up to beat a changing light at one of two lights I found that the bike isn't heavy or big enough to trigger the sensors. Pulled into a parking lot on the other side of the intersection to stop and check the time (needed to see which store I could make before they both closed). Cop pulls in and blocks me in the parking space, jumps out of his car, and says "where's your tag? you gotta have a tag to ride that!".
    Me: "No I don't. It's 50 cc's, can be pedaled like a bicycle, and has an automatic transmission, so state law says I don't need one".
    cop: "I saw you speed up to run that red light, you were going like a bat out of hell (which brought the album cover immediately to mind, as I tried not to laugh)! You don't have a tag for that thing, and you can't ride it without one!"
    Me: "I researched the law very carefully, and it says I don't need one".
    cop: "What law is that?"
    Me: "It's part of the motor vehicle code. It's exempt and falls outside of any regulation because it meets those 3 requirements, state law says the only place I can't ride it is on the interstate."
    cop: "Well, there's a city ordinance that says all motor vehicles have to have a tag, even scooters."
    Me: "This isn't a scooter, because it has pedals. Any city ordinance that may exist doesn't overturn state law. What exactly would you like me to do, officer?"
    cop: "I have to get to another call. You have a good day, and you better get a tag for that thing."
    With that, he jumped back in his car and left. I gotta print out a copy of the actual law in case that happens again.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast