Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul on Trump's Surge: 'Brief'

Rand Paul on Trump's Surge: 'Brief'

Presidential candidate and US Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) doesn’t think his GOP rival Donald Trump’s rise in the polls is permanent.

In a CNN interview Thursday, Paul dismissed the real-estate magnate’s rise as a brief “loss of sanity.”

Read the rest.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I guess he wants to plunge lower. Why insult 25% of the entire voter total? If I see Rand go after Trump, it's going to be comical. Don't do it. Position yourself behind Trump so you can harvest his voters or the voters that he shakes from the Big 3.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-30-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I guess he wants to plunge lower. Why insult 25% of the entire voter total? If I see Rand go after Trump, it's going to be comical. Don't do it. Position yourself behind Trump so you can harvest his voters.
    I have been saying the same thing in this forum. It is obvious to us why is it not obvious to Rand and his handlers. Mind blowing.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

People running today, Rand included, are unfortunate that this once in a thousand years Tsunami is happening exactly when they run.

Rand calculated that compromising wouldn't be so bad because he would still be among the most anti-establishment. Maybe he can throw his mic at the moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I have been saying the same thing in this forum. It is obvious to us why is it not obvious to Rand and his handlers. Mind blowing.
    Trump will give Rand a wedgie and push him down the stairs. Trump will hit Rand on a host of embarrassing stuff if he engages. Who the hell is advising him? Or maybe they want to go out in a blaze of glory since they are out of options?
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-30-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It seems that he would also be giving up the VP to Ted Cruz, in the case that the establishment doesn't stop Trump.

The actual interview:

This was a trap interview by Wolf. Starting at about the 5:00 minute mark, he hammered and prodded Rand to get an unpopular quote from him. It finally worked with the "temporary loss of sanity" quote. Wolf jumped on that and declared victory at that point. He was so pleased with himself.

For full Trump/Poll context, start at 8:26. Rand was talking about Trump having 24x7 media coverage, and said "every network going gaga" and then added the "temporary loss of sanity". Wolf tripped him up after that by immediately saying that he called voters insane. Rand should have responded "I am talking about the media insanity!".
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-30-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The media is going to play this up like no tomorrow. Billed Paul vs. Trump. Kill two birds with one stone. You just know Trump is going to breath fire on twitter.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The media is going to play this up like no tomorrow. Billed Paul vs. Trump.
    I'm not sure they will do that. It might go unnoticed.

A brief loss of sanity.............................Tell that to the NH Focus Group:

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2015/07/...-donald-trump/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The actual interview:

At 5:35, Wolf hammers Rand in the eyes of hardline immigration voters. For context, start at 5:00.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    I'm not sure they will do that. It might go unnoticed.
    Who do you thinks benefits when two of the most threatening 'outsiders' go at it?

A brief loss of sanity.............................Tell that to the NH Focus Group:

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2015/07/...-donald-trump/
    Rand might not be ignoring that, but believing the establishment will succeed in stopping Trump.

dumb.....................dumb..................... ......dumb.................I don't even like FR but agree with them. Trump is going to stick Rand in a locker and then roll the locker off a cliff.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3318690/posts

Paul your party's credibility is shot. I see a parade of R candidates on TV who are going nowhere.
    To: Red Steel
    Can’t wait for The Donald to lower the boom on Randy
    Well even so Rand, you are being beat. Guess you need to up your game.

Oh and alienating the voters you may need later? Not a good idea.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-30-2015 at 01:43 PM.

The new campaign song.

^ Obious the OP and others have no objectivity on the subject anymore. He didn't attack anyone.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    ^ Obious the OP and others have no objectivity on the subject anymore. He didn't attack anyone.
    He attributed Trump's rise to mental instability on the part of the voters. Yes, the voters he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    The OP? It's copy/paste and link to the article.

At 5:35, Wolf hammers Rand in the eyes of hardline immigration voters. For context, start at 5:00.
    Yep, this was a trap interview by Wolf. Starting at about the 5:00 minute mark, he hammered and prodded Rand to get an unpopular quote from him. It finally worked with the "temporary loss of sanity" quote. Wolf jumped on that and declared victory at that point. He was so pleased with himself.

For full context, start at 8:26. Rand was talking about Trump having 24x7 media coverage, and said "every network going gaga" and then added the "temporary loss of sanity". Wolf tripped him up after that by immediately saying that he called voters insane. Rand should have responded "I am talking about the media insanity!".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I want the old Rand back. Please....

Guess we will see what happens. Don't think Rand would have went on the attack if he wasn't prepared to face the furor of Trump. Rand isn't going to go from walking around carefully in regards to Trump to all of a sudden going on the attack for no reason or without being prepared. I personally think it would have been better if Rand started going after others. He doesn't have to go after Trump to gain attention, going after anyone, whether it be Christie, Bush, or Walker would have gotten him attention and took some of the spotlight off Trump. The media loves in-fighting and drama, so he would have received a ton of attention from that, but maybe for whatever reason he feels Trump needs to be taken care of right now. Again, guess we will see how it plays out.

He attributed Trump's rise to mental instability on the part of the voters. Yes, the voters he needs.
    uhhh no he didnt.. he clarified just fine..

why are you and jj still on this forum if all you want to do is try and $#@! on rand's campaign? you guys don't even offer constructive cirticism and it wouldnt mean much to me anyway since you guys are so infatuated with trump who has zero principles and zero conservative credentials.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Paul dismissed the real-estate magnate’s rise as a brief “loss of sanity.”
    Quite right, Rand, quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    why are you and jj still on this forum if all you want to do is try and $#@! on rand's campaign? .
    Copy/paste, link to an article. Clearly relevant. If you want me out, ban me, you're the moderator.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

uhhh no he didnt.. he clarified just fine..

why are you and jj still on this forum if all you want to do is try and $#@! on rand's campaign? you guys don't even offer constructive cirticism and it wouldnt mean much to me anyway since you guys are so infatuated with trump who has zero principles and zero conservative credentials.
    (1) We are ahead of the curve in terms of public sentiment.
    (2) We don't want Bush, Walker or Rubio to win

If you want me out, ban me, you're the moderator.
    I second the motion.

An example needs to be made of one of the Trumpsters, pour encourager les autres.

Copy/paste, link to an article. Clearly relevant. If you want me out, ban me, you're the moderator.
    no interest in that, I just don't understand why you guys still come here if this is the case.. and why trump?? the guy has absolutely no principles or platform to speak of.. this forum is all original ron paul supporters who came here to support principle over party and politics.. to support substantive policy discussion and implementation.. trump has no interest in any of that.. all he does is talk because all he is is an entertainer.. he is so far from being fit to run for president its insane.. the guy doesnt give two $#@!s about you or this country.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

no interest in that, I just don't understand why you guys still come here if this is the case.. and why trump?? the guy has absolutely no principles or platform to speak of.. this forum is all original ron paul supporters who came here to support principle over party and politics.. to support substantive policy discussion and implementation.. trump has no interest in any of that.. all he does is talk because all he is is an entertainer.. he is so far from being fit to run for president its insane.. the guy doesnt give two $#@!s about you or this country.
    Principles? Are we really going there? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that train LEFT months ago. You can't find principles in this republican primary. You work your way down accordingly.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-30-2015 at 02:00 PM.

I explained many times. Read my old posts if you're interested. If you still can't understand, either I don't have the ability to explain or for some other reason you won't get it.

I guess he wants to plunge lower. Why insult 25% of the entire voter total? If I see Rand go after Trump, it's going to be comical. Don't do it. Position yourself behind Trump so you can harvest his voters or the voters that he shakes from the Big 3.
    Trump supporters are at the bottom of the intelligence bin. Doubt they will find their ways to the polls without getting lost.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast