Thread: Record temps today in Seattle area this week

Record temps today in Seattle area this week

i may go off the freak end today. NOT used to high heat for more than a few days. No air except fans and open windows. Forgive in advance for stupid $#@! postings.

over 90 for the rest of the week....almost noon, and its already 80 plus...

i know some of you are high heat fans....but here in the PNW, this week may see some heat related deaths around here...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's Global Warming! Lets tax us even more!

Well, wasn't every winter storm proof that global warming was fake? A hot summer must therefore be proof it is real!
    (neither by themselves are proof either way).

Welcome to my world...103 heat index here. They are telling us to conserve energy..I hope they don't start rolling blackouts.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 07-30-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Welcome to my world...103 heat index here. They are telling us to conserve energy..I hope they don't start rolling blackouts.
    i'm already fading....wilting....not used to prolonged heat like this, please tax me.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

3-400 bucks for a room only unit. Can't justify the cost for a few days of hell.....

wait....wife is making noise about going to COSTCO....stay tuned.

Does seem to be a warm day.

I like warm.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i may go off the freak end today. NOT used to high heat for more than a few days. No air except fans and open windows. Forgive in advance for stupid $#@! postings.

over 90 for the rest of the week....almost noon, and its already 80 plus...

i know some of you are high heat fans....but here in the PNW, this week may see some heat related deaths around here...
    People forget about their animals too. The Vet told me to not let them run around playing in the yard when it is over 75 degrees. Some breeds like pugs, pits, boxers, bulldogs, boston terriers are brachycephalic. Because of their short noses and smaller air passages, brachycephalics can’t adequately cool air or release heat when they are in hot temperatures. I'm in North Carolina and it's been in the high 90's for weeks. I let the boxers out for 15 minutes, maximum.

Not that I'm not worried about you having no air conditioning, but I'm just giving word of warning about the pets since you are not used to this kind of weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    People forget about their animals too. The Vet told me to not let them run around playing in the yard when it is over 75 degrees. Some breeds like pugs, pits, boxers, bulldogs, boston terriers are brachycephalic. Because of their short noses and smaller air passages, brachycephalics can’t adequately cool air or release heat when they are in hot temperatures. I'm in North Carolina and it's been in the high 90's for weeks. I let the boxers out for 15 minutes, maximum.

Not that I'm not worried about you having no air conditioning, but I'm just giving word of warning about the pets since you are not used to this kind of weather.
    i hear ya...my corn and squash and peppers are making orgasm noises....should i water them down?...

Coldest July on re order here in reno.....today 100 but tomorrow back down. El Nino winter I hope lots of snow.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

getting too hot to think straight....am i gay?

3-400 bucks for a room only unit. Can't justify the cost for a few days of hell.....

wait....wife is making noise about going to COSTCO....stay tuned.
    Come to the dark side.

If you have to ask....you might be.
    "The Patriarch"

Does your butt hurt?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does your butt hurt?
    the crack is moist, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If you have to ask....you might be.
    4pm....$#@! me running its too hot!...

95 now....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	4390
    I live north of Seattle and I showed that video to my wife and a few days later she had bought a cooler on craig's list. I made it so we actually have one of those in our bedroom.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

I was going to come gloat here earlier, but damn it got up to 84 here today...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

the crack is moist, does that count?
    Careful now, you'll start to get PMs from HB.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    I live north of Seattle and I showed that video to my wife and a few days later she had bought a cooler on craig's list. I made it so we actually have one of those in our bedroom.
    Cool...how does it work?

Everyone here has a/c. We get months of this crap.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 07-30-2015 at 10:13 PM.

The "cooler" cooler won't cool down your house if the ice cubes used are made using your freezer inside your house, but if you go out and buy bags of ice cubes I don't see why it wouldn't work. Or if you are just cooling one room at night.

I don't know how economical that is over time, but if you only have to use it for a week or two a year it's probably a better deal.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Careful now, you'll start to get PMs from HB.
    i don't think i'm his type. Too old and crabby.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 07-31-2015 at 04:02 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The "cooler" cooler won't cool down your house if the ice cubes used are made using your freezer inside your house, but if you go out and buy bags of ice cubes I don't see why it wouldn't work. Or if you are just cooling one room at night.

I don't know how economical that is over time, but if you only have to use it for a week or two a year it's probably a better deal.

When we lost power during Hurricane Ike for days, our bagged ice didn't last long in the cooler.

Heat index in the 100's here. The heat doesn't bother me, I hate being cold. Put on a wife beater shirt and a pair of boxers, sit in front of a fan with your legs spread (keeps the naughty bits cool) and drink a cold beer.

And ffs, mop up your ass crack with a towel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Heat index in the 100's here. The heat doesn't bother me, I hate being cold. Put on a wife beater shirt and a pair of boxers, sit in front of a fan with your legs spread (keeps the naughty bits cool) and drink a cold beer.

And ffs, mop up your ass crack with a towel.

reminds me...gotta wash some towels.

i need em again today...

Be glad you aren't in southern
    Iran..these are the heat indexes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	4402