Thread: Calm Down: Rand might've just confirmed that he made the debates

Calm Down: Rand might've just confirmed that he made the debates

Everyone should've gotten this opportunity to join Rand at the debates.

Fox should've given the candidates at least 1-2 weeks to know about their place in the debates and to prepare.

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The campaigns are supposed to be notified this week sometime.

Rand said he would be at the debate on the Laura Ingraham show just a little while ago.
    the rEVOLution begins!

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    First, Murdoch needs to get the polling from after the
    Monday St Anslem College forum to boost Muck Hickabee's numbers.

I'm sure the campaign has been on the phone with Fox for months to stay abreast of whether they plan on including him. Fox will do whatever they want according to their agenda. They can either use their polling as a suggestion or rig the polls.
    Last edited by Mad Raven; 07-30-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Raven View Post
    I'm sure the campaign has been on the phone with Fox for months to stay abreast of whether they plan on including him. Fox will do whatever they want according to their agenda. They can either use their polling as a suggestion or rig the polls.
    Yup, well said.

So has Mr. Trump been officially informed yet (?) the call Murdoch or Faux News CEO Ailes will hate to have to make.

They are announcing the 10 to the public on Aug. 4th. Also, the earlier 5PM debate is open to anyone not in the top 10 (the 1% requirement has been dropped). Here's an interesting stat from the politico article:

All of the candidates have been getting extensive Fox airtime. Here’s a tally of the total combined Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network appearances — several for an hour — by each of the hopefuls since their official campaign launches:

1) Paul, 35 …
    2) Huckabee, 31 …
    3) Trump, 30 …
    4) Perry, 24 …
    5-6) Fiorina and Jindal, 20 each …
    7) Cruz, 17 …
    8) Santorum, 16 …
    9) Rubio, 14 …
    10-11) Carson and Graham, 12 each …
    12-13) Kasich and Pataki, 11 each …
    14) Christie, 7 …
    15) Walker, 4 …
    16) Bush, 3.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ld-120748.html

Related: The Fox News GOP Debate Could Draw the Biggest Audience in Cable News History — and Roger Ailes Is Making All the Rules

Jan2017

They are announcing the 10 to the public on Aug. 4th. Also, the earlier 5PM debate is open to anyone not in the top 10 (the 1% requirement has been dropped). Here's an interesting stat from the politico article:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ld-120748.html

Related: The Fox News GOP Debate Could Draw the Biggest Audience in Cable News History — and Roger Ailes Is Making All the Rules
    WOW, that is a very telling stat.

Rand gets most minutes of bashing - and it is with Wallace's treatment of Rand even with a barbed comment when Rand was not on -
    sorry that is not journalism. And Huckabee in second with all positives.

No wonder Huckabee is tying Rand now at 6% - Bush no minutes but of course name recognition.

Jeb is like Hillary - they've already won - no need to say anything - just be silent Jeb.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, you can see why Bush and Walker are polling so high- they are staying relatively quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    WOW, that is a very telling stat.

Rand gets most minutes of bashing - and it is with Wallace's treatment of Rand even with a barbed comment when Rand was not on -
    sorry that is not journalism. And Huckabee in second with all positives.

No wonder Huckabee is tying Rand now at 6% - Bush no minutes but of course name recognition.

Jeb is like Hillary - they've already won - no need to say anything - just be silent Jeb.
    Pretty much says it all right there.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

This is the poll they've been reporting on all day, so chances are good they'll use it in their calculations.

How could Kasich possibly be polling that high? Nobody knows who he is which leads me to believe he is a crony capitalist buddy of the Bush family who has probably rigged the polls. Ditto Christie..nobody likes him. Looks to me like they want a balanced debate and want Rand in there so Christie and Rubio can accuse him of treason and Bush and Walker look "reasonable". Oh well, as long as Rand is in there, that's ok with me.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    This is the poll they've been reporting on all day, so chances are good they'll use it in their calculations.

Thanks for posting this - I never recall seeing anyone polling at 0.something like Lindsey Graham or Jindal ever before

Was there ever any doubt that Rand would be in the debates?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Thanks for posting this - I never recall seeing anyone polling at 0.something like Lindsey Graham or Jindal ever before

Lol, so that would mean that Lindsey only got 2 votes total?

Hmmm, I wonder who they were from...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    How could Kasich possibly be polling that high?
    You mean 3.6%?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Was there ever any doubt that Rand would be in the debates?
    Yes, many on RPF blaming the campaign for low polling numbers lately and falling for the media attacks saying Rand campaign is stalling, against the corner, failing, done also not being more like Trump, doing personal attacks on other candidates to get attention, not being enough of a purist libertarian, not being like Ron in 08/12, etc...
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

I say lets get beyond the recent negativity and jump on board the Rand Paul hype train!

Coming to a debate stage near you!

(No making fun of my terrible photo editing skills )

How could Kasich possibly be polling that high? Nobody knows who he is which leads me to believe he is a crony capitalist buddy of the Bush family who has probably rigged the polls. Ditto Christie..nobody likes him. Looks to me like they want a balanced debate and want Rand in there so Christie and Rubio can accuse him of treason and Bush and Walker look "reasonable". Oh well, as long as Rand is in there, that's ok with me.
    if they were manipulating it then Carly would be in the top ten. Christie is well known, so I am not surprised he polled that. Kasich? I have no idea?

Kasich has been making a lot of appearances on Fox. They're playing up his success in Ohio, and the need to win Ohio to win the presidency. So, I guess that's worth 3 points.

Kasich has been making a lot of appearances on Fox. They're playing up his success in Ohio, and the need to win Ohio to win the presidency. So, I guess that's worth 3 points.
    Kasich was Chariman of the House Budget Committee and one of the highest profile Republicans nationally in the period following Gingrich's successfull "Contract With America" campaign that retook the House. So older GOP voters are quite familiar with him, and then the past few years he's been a major player locally in Ohio so folks of all ages in the Midwest are familiar with him too.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Kasich was Chariman of the House Budget Committee and one of the highest profile Republicans nationally in the period following Gingrich's successfull "Contract With America" campaign that retook the House. So older GOP voters are quite familiar with him, and then the past few years he's been a major player locally in Ohio so folks of all ages in the Midwest are familiar with him too.
    I'm an older GOP voter and I don't remember him. The only reason he's on my radar is for the reasons I stated. And it's still only worth 3%. BTW, I just saw him on Special Report again earlier.

So who's all going to be there? Got any realistic lists?

Trump
    Walker
    Rand
    Rubio
    Bush
    Kasich (he's getting the media pump)
    Cruz
    Carson
    Huck
    Christi

??

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if Christie doesn't make the cut, it would likely be Perry.

LOL, RCP national average chart doesn't have Lindsey Graham on it anymore.

reposted w/out comment because awesome

I'm an older GOP voter and I don't remember him. The only reason he's on my radar is for the reasons I stated. And it's still only worth 3%. BTW, I just saw him on Special Report again earlier.
    John Kasich is responsible for legislation that requires the reporting of ALL Americans work location regardless of welfare status to the federal government.

H.R.3734 - Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996
    Sponsor: Rep. Kasich, John R. [R-OH-12] (Introduced 06/27/1996)
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/104th-...ouse-bill/3734

Since the bill was nicknamed "Welfare Reform" which had bi-partisan support and hailed by the media it passed. The American public was totally clueless the far reaching civil liberty in pact in the details of this bill.

Federal employer requirement to track ALL Americans through the New Hires Registry.
    (Sec. 313) Requires State plans to: (1) provide for a State-operated and automated State Directory of New Hires containing prescribed information furnished by employers on new personnel; and (2) transmit such information to the National Directory of New Hires.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Rand said he would be at the debate on the Laura Ingraham show just a little while ago.
    Yes, I heard that also..obviously the candidates have to be given a heads up at least a week ahead of the debate.

Yes, I heard that also..obviously the candidates have to be given a heads up at least a week ahead of the debate.
    Yet there are still posters on RPF ridiculously stating how Rand is "on the average of missing the debate". Love it.
    THE SQUAD of RPF