Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kochs Freeze Out Trump

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Kochs Freeze Out Trump

You shall not speak ill about illegal immigration......

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...mp-120752.html

The Koch brothers are freezing out Donald Trump from their influential political operation — denying him access to their state-of-the-art data and refusing to let him speak to their gatherings of grass-roots activists or major donors.

Despite a long and cordial relationship between the real estate showman and David Koch, as well as a raft of former Koch operatives who are now running Trump’s presidential campaign, the Koch political operation appears to have concluded that Trump is the wrong standard-bearer for the GOP. And the network of Koch-backed policy and political outfits is using behind-the-scenes influence to challenge Trump more forcefully than the Republican Party establishment — by limiting his access to the support and data that would help him translate his lead in the polls into a sustainable White House campaign.
    A spokesman for i360 declined to comment on why the company, considered the leading supplier of voter data and analytics on the right, refused to provide services to Trump’s campaign. An AFP official said the group doesn’t discuss its event invitations and announces only confirmed speakers. The Koch-backed Latino-voter-targeting outfit LIBRE Initiative was more direct, explaining it has not invited Trump to any of its events and has no plans to do so. A spokesperson pointed to a statement from the group’s president denouncing Trump for his inflammatory statements about Mexican immigrants and called him out as an inconsistent conservative “who has gotten ahead through sensationalism.”
    They can go down in flames after Trump backs up over the GOPe's charred corpse...

But Stephen Stepanek, a New Hampshire state legislator who is co-chairing Trump’s state campaign and owns the building that houses the Manchester Trump headquarters and AFP, said Trump’s appeal is partly his willingness to buck traditional ideological lines and the powerful interests behind them.

“I think that’s what is sort of scaring a lot of people, especially on both Republican and Democratic sides, because they can’t control Trump,” said Stepanek, whose company made $5,000 in rent from Trump’s campaign, according to its FEC filing. “People are really afraid to speak their mind, and it is actually with the way people react to things and the way that these various groups attack people if they say anything, we’re having our First Amendment, freedom of speech, stepped on, walked all over by these various groups.”
    Let the first amendment wars begin. I'm game.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-30-2015 at 11:38 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meh..not a Trump fan but also sick of Koch Bros and others like them manipulating the playing field.

This belongs better here.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Meh..not a Trump fan but also sick of Koch Bros and others like them manipulating the playing field.
    I've always maintained that Trump is a means to an end. Imagine capturing a surly, wild beast for the purposes of gladiatorial combat. That's Donald Trump. Sure, that unpredictable animal could strike back at you within a moment's notice, but it's also highly likely that it viciously slaughters all the opposition that it is pitted against.

Trump clearly has all the right enemies. The National Review Online. Stephen Hayes at the Weekly Standard. FNC's Charles Krauthammer. The Bushes. Bill Kristol. The RNC. The Chamber of Commerce. It's a virtual who's who of America's great enemies who have made a profitable living ensconced within the sanctuary of the Republican Party.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-30-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Maybe the Koch brothers will target others more willing to sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Trump on why he isn't soliciting campaign donations from big donors starts at 12:00 minutes into the interview.

Donald Trump Interview with Michael Savage on The Savage Nation (7-29-15)
    Last edited by David Sadler; 07-30-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: expand

Koch brothers summon 4 leading GOP presidential candidates
    Press TV
    Wed Jul 29, 2015

The Koch brothers and other wealthy conservatives planning to spend nearly $1 billion in the run-up to the 2016 US presidential election have invited four leading Republican candidates – Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Scott Walker – to have a chance at their blessing.

... the brothers are considering throwing their massive wealth and sophisticated organization into the Republican presidential primary for the first time ... The pair has said they plan to spend about $1 billion during the 2016 election cycle.

... “Concentrated, moneyed interests, represented by those in control of the country’s largest business corporation are increasingly able to turn law into a lottery, reducing law’s predictability, impairing property rights, and increasing the share of the economy devoted to rent-seeking rather than productive activity,” says John C. Coates, who teaches business law at Harvard University.

In a 2010 ruling, the US Supreme Court allowed unlimited independent spending by corporations in elections.
    Paul out. Trump wasn't interested.

Why is every single one of your posts about Trump? And why constantly post it on this website?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NT
    Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky is turning down a coveted invite to a gathering of wealthy conservative donors, Paul spokesman Sergio Gor said he was invited to the event,

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donal...451587376.html

The RNC’s offer to share its file is especially significant in light of the fact that the political operation run by Charles and David Koch, Freedom Partners, has reportedly denied Trump access to its voter file and user interface, called i360. The Trump campaign’s attorneys are reviewing the data-sharing agreement, which has been offered to all and signed by 11 of the 17 Republican presidential candidates, and hope to return it to the RNC this week. Every indication is that Trump will enter into the agreement, the RNC said.

Politico reported Wednesday that the Kochs were refusing to allow Trump to use their voter data. Trump is an interesting test case for this proposition. Undoubtedly, many in the establishment GOP and even inside the RNC would love to deny Trump tools that would allow his campaign to succeed, since he is viewed as an embarrassment by most political professionals, as well as unlikely to win a general-election match-up against Hillary Clinton.
    Donald Trump offered access to the Republican National Committee’s voter file

It seems that the RNC and its talking heads have stopped flaming Trump since the 'negotiation.'

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Why is every single one of your posts about Trump? And why constantly post it on this website?
    I post about other things as well, if you will look.

What bothers you about discussing the current leader by a wide margin in the GOP race?

For Rand to win, he'll need to rise to the top. What's the leader doing that Rand might want to consider? What are GOP primary voters responding to? What messages, tone and methods of delivery appeal to them?

You have over 20,000 posts here. I might break 200 soon.

NT
    Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky is turning down a coveted invite to a gathering of wealthy conservative donors, Paul spokesman Sergio Gor said he was invited to the event,
    What's not true about saying that Paul is out? Is he in or out?

The Koch operation has spurned entreaties from the Trump campaign to purchase state-of-the-art data and analytics services from a Koch-backed political tech firm called i360, and also turned down a request to allow Trump to speak at an annual grass-roots summit next month in Columbus, Ohio, sponsored by the Koch-backed group Americans for Prosperity, POLITICO has learned

What bothers you about discussing the current leader by a wide margin in the GOP race?

For Rand to win, he'll need to rise to the top. What's the leader doing that Rand might want to consider? What are GOP primary voters responding to? What messages, tone and methods of delivery appeal to them?

Rand has to jump over multiple candidates and overcome a major perception issue. Can he come back? Absolutely. Is it likely? No.

The Koch operation has spurned entreaties from the Trump campaign to purchase state-of-the-art data and analytics services from a Koch-backed political tech firm called i360, and also turned down a request to allow Trump to speak at an annual grass-roots summit next month in Columbus, Ohio, sponsored by the Koch-backed group Americans for Prosperity, POLITICO has learned
    lol, what is this strategy to respond with random stuff that you're not being asked in the post you're quoting. how weird.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rand has to jump over multiple candidates and overcome a major perception issue. Can he come back? Absolutely. Is it likely? No.
    Do not be too pessmistic.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

NT

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the person who created this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the person who created this thread.
    No problem.

Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky is turning down a coveted invite to a gathering of wealthy conservative donors, Paul spokesman Sergio Gor said he was invited to the event.

Sorry to me, there is a subtle difference.

Notice the tone, the content and the audience of this tweet. Who is Trump communicating to? What is he communicating? Very effective in my opinion. I also follow Rand on Twitter. Has Rand said anything like this? If so, could someone post it?

Paul out? Are you trying to say he was kicked out?

How about being more honest and saying : Paul was invited but had a scheduling conflict (weekend Iowa trip already planned)

In fact an article quoted Sergio Gor saying Paul would try to come to the event, Paul went last time and the Kochs are on record saying Paul is included in their top 5 list.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Why is there such a MASSIVE push to keep illegal immigration coming? What is this really about?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Paul out? Are you trying to say he was kicked out?

How about being more honest and saying : Paul was invited but had a scheduling conflict (weekend Iowa trip already planned)

In fact an article quoted Sergio Gor saying Paul would try to come to the event, Paul went last time and the Kochs are on record saying Paul is included in their top 5 list.
    This might have something to do about it...

Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Why is there such a MASSIVE push to keep illegal immigration coming? What is this really about?
    Is it really hard to figure out?

Cheap labor.

For the Democrats, votes.

Maybe it's about making the GOP base overreact and nominate somebody who'll focus on immigration to the exclusion of everything that actually matters..

The bottom lines of corporations are shrinking, thanks to this increasingly expensive business environment. Then, below the surface you have vast amount of weapons and drugs moving between the border. Drug money that is most likely being laundered by big banks and redirected into investment firms. The drug industry may be the only 'recession proof' economic activity in the country since the customers are literally addicted to the product.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/avinas...b_4619464.html
    The failure of both the vigilantes and the army to quell the cartel's carnage is a direct result of the huge profits that the drug trade generates. Cartel leaders can continue hiring and arming their combatants because it's worth the expenditure; the illegal drug trade accounts for around 8 percent of all international trade. One of the primary reasons that cartels retain their enormous power is that well-known and popular banks are supporting their finances.

Bank of America, Western Union, and JP Morgan, are among the institutions allegedly involved in the drug trade. Meanwhile, HSBC has admitted its laundering role, and evaded criminal prosecution by paying a fine of almost $2 billion. The lack of imprisonment of any bankers involved is indicative of the hypocritical nature of the drug war; an individual selling a few grams of drugs can face decades in prison, while a group of people that tacitly allow -- and profit from -- the trade of tons, escape incarceration.
    If they're dealing with our bankers, you don't think they deal with our politicians? LOL
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-02-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    This might have something to do about it...

Negatory. Paul was invited, Trump was not.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Trump doesn't need their money. he needs the anti-immigration votes. Cantor had Chamber of commerce money he couldn't even spend, and Brat is the congressman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast