Kasich: 5%
    Christie: 3%
    Perry: 2%
    Jindal: 2%
    Fiorina: 1%
    Santorum: 1%
    Pataki: 1%

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/pol...015_U645de.pdf
    Last edited by Brett85; 07-30-2015 at 11:40 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The internals of this particular poll are actually pretty good. Rand's favorability rating is higher than other recent polls, and the percentage of people saying that they could never support him has gone down.

I still think Walker is Paul's biggest concern.

I'm almost certain that Walker will flame out as people get to know him. The establishment wants Bush or Rubio. Everything else is a distraction.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Also, is this maybe the first time that there's a clear front runner (Trump)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I still think Walker is Paul's biggest concern.
    It's amazing, someone who has dragged their state into the ground economically, ranks this high.

Going to be real hard for Perry to overtake Kasich or Christie now to get into the debate. He's only ahead of either in 1 of last 5 polls. I assume podium order will be assigned by poll standings so it's unfortunate that when there's so little space between 4th-7th that Paul could get relegated to four off center.

Worst case ordering by RCP:

Kasich - Paul - Carson - Walker - Trump - Bush - Rubio - Huckabee - Cruz - Christie

Such an order makes it hard for Paul to do any of the things he wants to do which is fight Rubio/Christie on foreign policy or Bush on anything.

Most entertaining would let Cruz attack Bush and let Rubio chime in, have Trump attack Walker, have Christie attack Paul and let Kasich chime in, which would look something like this.

Carson - Cruz - Bush - Rubio - Trump - Walker - Paul - Christie - Kasich
    Last edited by mwkaufman; 07-30-2015 at 11:34 AM.

The polls right now are measures of media time and name recognition--especially national polls. No one (including T-rump) is seriously campaigning against anyone else yet. Kaisch could end up winning the primary for all we know (stranger things have happened). I think Rand will need to be consistently in 3rd and have strong numbers in the early states by October. Hopefully he has a plan to become the anti-establishment candidate.

I'll predict that T-rump will be in single digits by the end of October. He's going to have to talk substance at some point especially when he gets some heat.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwkaufman View Post
    I assume podium order will be assigned by poll standings so it's unfortunate that when there's so little space between 4th-7th that Paul could get relegated to four off center.
    Rand will be in better shape if Fox News doesn't include the PPP poll as one of the five polls it uses to determine podium order. The PPP poll is the worst for Rand as it only has him at 4%. Rand would likely be in 4th or 5th place without that poll. I'm not sure that Fox News will use the PPP poll to determine the order since it's a Democratic poll. It may excluded. There may also be three new national polls that come out between now and next Tuesday which would replace the PPP poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    The internals of this particular poll are actually pretty good. Rand's favorability rating is higher than other recent polls, and the percentage of people saying that they could never support him has gone down.
    thats whats most important right now.

did they poll him against Clinton?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    did they poll him against Clinton?
    No, they did top 3 democrats vs top 3 republicans

Jan2017

Trump also tops the "no way" list at 30%, NJ lard advocate Christie Cremepuff takes the silver medal of the "no way" polling at 15%,
    and Jeb Bush has a solid third place finish on Christie's tail at 14% in the most disgusting of GOP candidates list.

Go figure.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Trump: 20%
    Walker: 13%
    Bush: 10%
    Paul: 6%
    Huckabee: 6%
    Rubio: 6%
    Carson: 6%

Cruz: 5%
    Kasich: 5%
    Christie: 3%
    Perry: 2%
    Jindal: 2%
    Fiorina: 1%
    Santorum: 1%
    Pataki: 1%

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/pol...015_U645de.pdf
    So Rand in 4th - about where he's been -

but Muck Hickabee going nose-to-nose

in that sister-kissing tie with Rubio - and Carson joining in

I'm sure Murdoch has the soft questions lined up for the ex-Governor of Arkansas, who is
    inexplicably having a just great July.

Now with only one week away from Cleveland GOP debate which gets to even include the current leader -
    thank you Mr. Murdoch for letting him in the game - but don't get trumped too badly.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-30-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: various typos