Thread: Mel Gibson back to Aussie roots to direct new movie

Exclamation Mel Gibson back to Aussie roots to direct new movie

Sounds good, good luck Mel.

Mel Gibson back to Aussie roots to direct new movie

http://news.yahoo.com/mel-gibson-bac...QDBHNlYwNzcg--

Sydney (AFP) - Mel Gibson is returning to his Australian roots to direct his first film in a decade, the true story of a conscientious objector who saved 75 men during the Battle of Okinawa in World War II.

The Oscar-winner, whose family moved to Sydney from New York when he was 12, said he was looking forward to filming the drama "Hacksaw Ridge" where he grew up.

"I'm so glad to be here again, working here again, bumping into people I've known for years, decades, and moving forward -- it's been great," he said at Sydney's Fox Studios on Thursday.

"I can't think of a better place to shoot this film than here in Sydney and New South Wales, where I was fortunate to have grown up and started my career."

The movie, which is expected to start filming in September and be completed in the second half of 2016, stars Andrew Garfield, and also reportedly Vince Vaughn and Sam Worthington.

It will be Gibson's first directing effort since the critically-acclaimed "Apocalypto" in 2006.

The new film will focus on Desmond Doss, an American conscientious objector who was awarded the Medal of Honor during World War II for saving 75 men during the bloody Battle of Okinawa.

"We'll make a five-star flick here," said Gibson, who trained as an actor in Sydney and rose to fame after starring in the original 1979 Mad Max, a film also shot in Australia.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I love Mel and all his flaws. He's a fighter.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

VV added as well.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/vince-va...ld-1201486729/

Vince Vaughn will move from the HBO series True Detective to Hacksaw Ridge, the fact-based movie that Mel Gibson is directing about Desmond Doss, the first Conscientious Objector in American history to be awarded the Medal of Honor. Vaughn joins Andrew Garfield and Sam Worthington in a film that will shoot in Australia.

Good to see Mel back in the director's seat.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Awesome. The story of Desmond Doss is worthy of an epic film. He has been discussed many times on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Awesome. The story of Desmond Doss is worthy of an epic film. He has been discussed many times on this site.
    His next project should be:

The story of August Landmesser.

Shoot it in black and white with all German dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

hmmm....the guy just to the that dudes back, and right side is giving our troublemaker the evil eye....

Sounds like another winner to me!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I don't expect Mel will direct any WWII era films.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I don't expect Mel will direct any WWII era films.
    The new film will focus on Desmond Doss, an American conscientious objector who was awarded the Medal of Honor during World War II for saving 75 men during the bloody Battle of Okinawa.
    Zuh?

Zuh?
    He seems to like to set his historical movies a few hundred years apart. Doubt he would make another in the same time period. I wonder if anything will ever come of his Viking project.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    hmmm....the guy just to the that dudes back, and right side is giving our troublemaker the evil eye....
    Reported.

That may have been the guy that started the chain of events that got him and his wife killed.

God Damn that man if it was.

Hacksaw Ridge

Posted October 1 2015 — 1:02 PM EDT

Ever since a string of controversies began in 2006, Mel Gibson has kept a relatively low profile, only taking a handful of acting jobs and not directing since Apocalypto.

But now Gibson is returning to the director’s chair with Andrew Garfield and Vince Vaughn for Hacksaw Ridge, and the first photos from the film have debuted as cameras begin to roll in New South Wales, Australia.

Hacksaw Ridge is the true story of Desmond T. Doss, an American conscientious objector and medic during World War II who went on to win the Congressional Medal of Honor for his bravery in the line of duty during the Battle of Okinawa.

“While production has only just begun, there is already incredible camaraderie between the cast,” Gibson said in a statement. “Not only is Andrew perfect for the role of Desmond Doss, the entire cast are an incredible mix of experience, depth and exciting up-and-coming talent.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/01...ndrew-garfield
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Mel = Bad Wife-beater?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Landmesser
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Mel = Bad Wife-beater?
    What?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

"I'm so glad to be here again, working here again, bumping into people I've known for years, decades, and moving forward -- it's been great," he said at Sydney's Fox Studios on Thursday.
    watches too much news

~Resident Badgiraffe

~Resident Badgiraffe

Apparently screen testing to great reviews

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews...on-1201851851/

He is pretty good in Blood Father. Sorta like the older version of the Lethal Weapon character.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Been waiting for this one. The subject matter is a story that needed tellin'.