Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul will participate in August 3rd Voters First Forum in NH - 6:30 pm ET on C-SPAN

Rand Paul will participate in August 3rd Voters First Forum in NH - 6:30 pm ET on C-SPAN

There was uncertainty earlier about whether Rand would attend, this source clears it up and lists all the participants.

UPDATED: Bush, Walker, Paul in, Trump out of Voters First forum

July 24. 2015 11:00AM

Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Rand Paul are in. Donald Trump is out.

A total of 14 candidates will participate in the Voters First Republican Presidential Forum on Monday, Aug. 3, at St. Anselm College. The two-hour forum, intended to highlight the importance of the first-in-the-nation primary, along with the Iowa caucuses and South Carolina’s early primary.

Spokesmen for Paul and Walker said they are looking forward to the event.

Candidate Trump bowed out because, an aide said, he was upset with a Union Leader editorial this week that mocked him for saying that U.S. Sen. John McCain was not a war hero. McCain, shot down by the North Vietnamese, suffered years of torture after refusing to be released early because his father was an admiral.

Joining Bush, Walker, Paul and Sen. Rubio will be Carly Fiorina, Govs. Bobby Jindal, John Kasich and Chris Christie, former Govs. Rick Perry and George Pataki; U.S. Sens. Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz, former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum, and Dr. Ben Carson.

WGIR “New Hampshire Today” host Jack Heath will moderate the forum. Voters can go to www.UnionLeader.com/VotersFirst to suggest issues for the candidates. The Live Free or Die Alliance is also soliciting issue ideas on its website.
    read more:
    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...NEWHAMPSHIRE01

livestream:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?327157-...rs-first-forum
    Last edited by jct74; 08-03-2015 at 04:45 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It starts at 7 p.m. ET and will last for 2 hours according to the C-SPAN schedule.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibr...=Aug+3%2C+2015

Guess Trump doesn't want his supporters to know he's without substance until AFTER the first official debate.

Glad Trump is not attending...he won't take up all of the oxygen in the room.

The Union Leader had a free lottery for tickets. They just notified me that I didn't get one. So we'll be up there holding signs and watch later on YT or something. Thanks for the link for suggested topics.

Quote Originally Posted by pao View Post
    Guess Trump doesn't want his supporters to know he's without substance until AFTER the first official debate.
    I don't think you understand the average voter. The average voter thinks and understands at a 7th grade level. That's exactly how Trump is speaking.

As I watched Trump, I was impressed by his understanding of the average voter and his discipline in communicating accordingly.
    Last edited by jj-; 07-30-2015 at 12:48 PM.

loveshiscountry

Candidate Trump bowed out because, an aide said, he was upset with a Union Leader editorial this week that mocked him for saying that U.S. Sen. John McCain was not a war hero.

I love it.
    I wonder what he'll say to bow out of the next debate?

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Candidate Trump bowed out because, an aide said, he was upset with a Union Leader editorial this week that mocked him for saying that U.S. Sen. John McCain was not a war hero.

I love it.
    I wonder what he'll say to bow out of the next debate?
    '' i ain't got time for this''

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    Glad Trump is not attending...he won't take up all of the oxygen in the room.
    +1. I bet the candidates will appreciate having this chance, as well.

If you listen to the Michael Savage radio show, he's always pumping up Trump and when naming the others he never mentions Rand. It'll be interesting to see how he spins this outage as it were/will be. Language, culture, borders don'tcha know. Savage likens himself to Trump in how the media treats them and it's true to some extent but I just turn the dial to sports radio at that point when I'm in my vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by pao View Post
    my thought exactly.

I probably won't be able to watch this tomorrow night. Will it be replayed on C-Span, or will someone upload the entire debate on youtube?

Trump is becoming the GOP's Obama
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Trump is making his first big mistake by not attending. shows onion skin, and overconfidence.
    good practice for Rand and the others.

im ready! I dont like popcorn, but I might pop some just because.

Will there be way to stream this in real time?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...rst-gop-debate

Planned Parenthood Vote Collides with First GOP Debate

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...rst-gop-debate

They asked for McConell to move the vote to later but McConell claims that Senate rules will prevent him from doing that, and it would require cooperation from Democrats to move it later, which isn't going to happen (according to him). As a result, all Senators (Rand, Cruz, Rubio) will be there remotely

The Senate will vote at 5:30 P.M. EST Monday evening to file cloture on a bill that would block all taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood. At that time, the four Republican senators who are running for president were expected to be in New Hampshire for the Voters First Presidential Forum hosted by the New Hampshire Union Leader, set to take place from 7 P.M. to 9 P.M. on Monday, which put the senators who are also presidential candidates in a bind. The campaigns pressed Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell to move the vote, but he declined. As a result, I’m told that Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul will participate in the forum remotely from C-SPAN’s Washington, D.C. studio. A spokeswoman for Lindsey Graham says the senator will be in New Hampshire for the event.
    Not even going to be a debate really, so I'll watch but not as excited for this as I am Thursdays debate.

The Union Leader forum, which will be held at St. Anselm college in Manchester, was planned after the Fox News Channel announced the criteria for its August 6 debate. It won’t be a debate, but a series of short, seven-minute addresses from each candidate.
    Last edited by libertyplz; 08-03-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    I don't think you understand the average voter. The average voter thinks and understands at a 7th grade level. That's exactly how Trump is speaking.

As I watched Trump, I was impressed by his understanding of the average voter and his discipline in communicating accordingly.
    Make America Great Again. Simple and Effective............Not entirely truthful if you've been keeping score

Airing LIVE Monday at 6:30pm EDT on C-SPAN

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Will there be way to stream this in real time?
    There should be a stream from C-SPAN 1.
    C-SPAN 1 is the channel that normally shows the House/Congress.

C-SPAN will probably add a live link to it's front page, later on.
    Here: http://www.c-span.org/#capital-header
    (Sometimes they tell you to "sign in" to watch something live, but I have found that if I just use the link from the front page, I don't have to sign in)

Notice that it now says it begins at 6:30 EDT, not 7.
    It wil be rebroadcast tonight at 9:30 and again at 11:30 EDT

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

(Sometimes they tell you to "sign in" to watch something live, but I have found that if I just use the link from the front page, I don't have to sign in)

Thanks. I glad they will rebroadcast it because I won't be able to watch it during it's original air time.

Here's more information about the forum from C-Span which lists all the ways to watch or listen to the forum: http://static.c-span.org/files/press...der-073115.pdf
    the rEVOLution begins!

Trump, Gilmore, and Huckabee will not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

I think the new air time is just to include the pre-forum coverage

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rand needs to go after Bush and not let go. He may earn some street cred by doing so.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rand needs to go after Bush and not let go. He may earn some street cred by doing so.
    Don't think he will get much of a chance at this thing. It sounds like it's only going to be very short (like 7 minute) speech by each candidate. This C-span thing isn't going to be much of a debate from what I've read/understand. Will probably be more policy focused with no real opportunity to contrast/ go after the other candidates here. Maybe he will find a way to throw in a few punches here and there

Also, just reposting this incase some missed my last post, none of the Senators, with the exception of Graham, will be there in person. The Planned Parenthood vote is taking place just before the forum so Rand, Rubio, and Cruz will be joining it remotely
    Last edited by libertyplz; 08-03-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Glad we will have an opportunity to hear this debate. Should be very interesting.

Don't you think this should be on the front page? It's tonight.

Which C-SPAM channel 1,2 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by cat_woman View Post
    Glad we will have an opportunity to hear this debate. Should be very interesting.
    It's not a debate. It's each candidate giving a speech for 7 minutes to an audience. That's all.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast