Thread: Teens go to wrong house, owner/cop chases them off and shoots at them.

Teens go to wrong house, owner/cop chases them off and shoots at them.

In Dark of Night, Off-Duty Trooper Fires at Unarmed Teens

SPARTA, NJ – Three young adults were arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning after mistakenly knocking on the door of a New Jersey State Trooper and fleeing the scene.

Early Saturday morning Sparta Police and the New Jersey State Police were involved in a search for one of the men in the area of West Mountain Road. According to people close to the investigation, three young adults, after leaving a graduation party, attempted to go to a friend’s house nearby.

A source said, they mistakenly went to the next door neighbor’s home. After repeatedly ringing the doorbell and loudly knocking on the door, the homeowner, a state trooper, came to the door. When he opened the door and shouted at them, the three men ran away.

The three got into a vehicle and the officer fired three gun shots as they attempted to flee.
    The car became disabled approximately one half mile from the original scene. Two of the men were apprehended at the vehicle. The third, Matthew Mayer fled, according to local sources.

A neighbor said she was awoken to the “pop, pop, pop” of the gunshots.

A large search began, according to residents of several of the West Mountain Road neighborhoods. The state police dispatched a helicopter “which searched with a bright spotlight,” according to an area resident. Search teams combed the area on foot, with canine units and in patrol vehicles. One homeowner said their home and property were searched, another said the police officers came to their home and questioned them about Mayer. It is not clear if there were any other homes searched in relation to this investigation.

The two men, John Baker-Marasco, and Jesse Farcorn, were taken to the Netcong Trooper Barracks for questioning and processing.

Mayer was eventually found and arrested. He was also taken to the Netcong Trooper Barracks. It is not clear what charges, if any, have been brought against these men.

The Sparta police said the state police are conducting the investigation. Officer Kelly at the Netcong Trooper Barracks said information about the investigation would have to be obtained “from Trenton.” Detective Doug Porter of the Sussex County Prosecutor’s Office said he was not on the scene and since the state police were heading up the investigation, “our office would defer to the State Police” in making a statement.

The Media Relations officer Trooper Spies initially said Sparta was handling the investigation. She then said information had to be obtained from the Attorney General’s Office. The State Police Media Relations office said they cannot comment on possible charges made against the three men since the attorney general’s office is conducting the investigation.
    https://www.tapinto.net/towns/sparta...-fires-at-unar

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They brought out a helicopter? Did they think this was Frein?

It is not clear what charges, if any, have been brought against these men.
    Contempt of Cop.

Summary street side execution was attempted, but failed, due to poor marksmanship.

Felony prosecution and prison time to follow.

Knocking on the wrong door is a serious crime. Should have had the whole State shelter in place and declared martial law.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Knocking on the wrong door is a serious crime. Should have had the whole State shelter in place and declared martial law.
    Disturbing a/contempt of, cop, is the most serious offense a mundane can commit.

So, maybe that's a little overkill, but certainly, that neighborhood needed its lockdown.

At a minimum, they can be charged for speeding and/or the reckless driving that I assume was the cause of the crash. (I assume they crashed.. the article says the vehicle was disabled)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Still no charges for the trooper, and he now has his own guard detail protecting him from the peasantry :

http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/inde...per_teens.html

TROOPER'S HOUSE NOW GUARDED

The state police are now guarding the trooper's Sparta home because motorists have been driving by and being disruptive, said Capt. Stephen Jones. State police are providing coverage to avoid burdening local police with the task. – Kathleen O'Brien
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-03-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Still no charges for the trooper, and he now has his own guard detail protecting him from the peasantry :

Goddamn proles.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    At a minimum, they can be charged for speeding and/or the reckless driving that I assume was the cause of the crash. (I assume they crashed.. the article says the vehicle was disabled)
    Because it was shot. A bullet to the engine block or radiator or heck blowing out a tire would make the car disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post

He must get a lot of overtime...

"The Patriarch"

Seriously... what's his address? That could be a million dollar home in some parts of Jersey, 500,000 in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    He must get a lot of overtime...

I'd love to see his paychecks from the state.

That's a whole lotta hut-hutting for what were (at absolute worst) a few tommyknockers.

I'd say "An assault upon the king's men, and all that" ... but I'm stymed as to what word I'd need to use instead of "assault" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Civil asset forfeiture? Or maybe he's just on the make. (But I repeat myself ...)

I'd be interested to know what this supposed harassment from the public was that he needs protection from. I think that sort of thing should happen more often to creeps like this -- make them feel as unsafe in their own homes as they make us feel in our homes and on the street. The next best thing to mobs with pitchforks.

At least the harassment protection detail will provide some sweet sweet overtime pay for his buddies (that's how they can afford to pay for estates like his).