Thread: I learned a new acronym today on my way to work

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I learned a new acronym today on my way to work

V.F.W.

So I'm walking up West 34th Street in Manhattan and I catch the tail end of this conversation that two black people are engaging in on the shoulder/sidewalk.

Here's the dialogue:

Black man with spectacles:
    Yeah. It's the bomb. V.F.W. Very Few White People if you know what mean. [cackles uncontrollably on sidewalk]

Younger Black Guy:
    My brother [enthusiastically slaps the man's hand in glee] !

I was amused more than anything. I never get offended by realism like this because people instinctively want to be with those of their kind. I'm not even a fan of white people in large numbers either. But I was not familiar with the term until now. My cultural education continues.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-29-2015 at 11:52 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I'm not even a fan of white people in large numbers either.
    wut? Is it the largeness of the crowd or the whiteness that ruffles yer feathers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I'm not a fan of people in large numbers. I tend to stay away from them if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    wut? Is it the largeness of the crowd or the whiteness that ruffles yer feathers?
    Probably both. But I work in NYC. So I'm biased.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-29-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Probably both. But I work in NYC. So I'm biased.
    Are you white?

I hate crowds no matter what color.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Are you white?

I hate crowds no matter what color.
    I'm white per the broad classification.

I'm white per the broad classification.
    Okie dokie

Hmm, apparently it is also an acronym for "very few women"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why are you living in NY if you are this concerned about not having enough white people? come to Nebraska and you would see so many white people around, you'll think you were in Sweden. I am talking about 85% plus white people in many areas.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Why are you living in NY if you are this concerned about not having enough white people? come to Nebraska and you would see so many white people around, you'll think you were in Sweden. I am talking about 85% plus white people in many areas.
    Did you read the thread? I'm not a fan of people, which would include white people. Not the other way around. Manhattan is crawling with white people. I am more concerned with outlook as opposed to color.

Did you read the thread? I'm not a fan of people, which would include white people. Not the other way around. Manhattan is crawling with white people. I am more concerned with outlook as opposed to color.
    Still, I would suggest you move out of the big apple, I don't wanna psycho analyze you but I would think that your problem with people is as a result of you living in NY. The population destiny in Nebraska is pretty low even in the so called big cities, the economy is booming and if you are at all interested in European culture and not just people we also have it here. Lots of social clubs, European style stores etc etc.

I just feel like you would like it better here in Nebraska over any part of NY.

Black man with spectacles:
    Yeah. It's the bomb. V.F.W. Very Few White People if you know what mean.
    If the one black man had to explain VFW to the other black man; then it doesn't seem like an acronym in much use or much of a cultural education.