Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: University of Cincinnati police officer who shot man during traffic stop charged with murder

University of Cincinnati police officer who shot man during traffic stop charged with murder

I couldn't find a thread on this police murder but if you know of one report the post so the threads can be merged. Thanks.

Edit:
    You can watch video of the traffic stop here.
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...ubose-shooting

Sorry I don't know how to embed that video and I couldn't find it on youtube.

University of Cincinnati police officer who shot man during traffic stop charged with murder

A University of Cincinnati police officer was indicted Wednesday on a charge of murder for fatally shooting an unarmed black man during a traffic stop earlier this month.

“It was so unnecessary for this to occur,” Joe Deters, the Hamilton County prosecutor, said at a news conference Wednesday.

Sam Dubose, 43, was shot and killed during a July 19 traffic stop by Officer Ray Tensing. The officer initially said he was dragged by Dubose’s car, leading to the shooting. Deters said that Dubose “was subdued,” adding that Tensing had his license plate number.

“This office has probably reviewed upwards of hundreds of police shootings, and this is the first time that we’ve thought this is without question a murder,” he said.

While a university police report stated that Tensing said he had been dragged by the car before shooting, Deters said that the officer not dragged. Rather, Tensing fell backwards after shooting Dubose in the head, Deters said.

Deters called the situation “a pretty chicken-crap stop” and a “senseless, asinine” shooting. He also said that if Dubose began to leave, the officer should have just let him go rather than shoot him in the head. An arrest warrant had been issued for Tensing, the prosecutor said.

“I’m treating him like a murderer,” he said. “They’re out to get him.”

Tensing was on administrative paid leave, Deters said, adding that he hoped the officer would soon be on administrative paid leave in the Hamilton County Justice Center.

The University of Cincinnati had said that it was canceling classes Wednesday out of “an abundance of caution” due to the expected announcement of a grand jury decision and release of footage capturing the shooting.

The prosecutor’s office had also said that the body camera footage — which they said they would keep private until a grand jury had a chance to see it — would be released Wednesday. Police officials and prosecutors had previously refused to released body camera footage of the shooting.

Tensing’s attorney said earlier Wednesday that he has not been told whether his client will be indicted or charged, but that he would not be surprised if his client is charged.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ing/?tid=sm_fb
    Update #2

Good! Now lets see him convicted.

Police Officer Involved in Deadly Cincinnati Shooting of Samuel Dubose Indicted for Murder

A police officer who killed a man in Cincinnati during a traffic stop will be charged with murder, the Hamilton County prosecutor said today, noting, "This was the purposeful killing of another person."

"I'm treating him like a murderer," prosecutor Joseph Deters said during a news conference when describing the warrant out for a police officer who killed Samuel Dubose, 43, earlier this month.

Footage released today from a police officer's body cam lasts about 10 minutes and shows the shooting.

University of Cincinnati Cop's Fatal Shooting of Unarmed Man Samuel Dubose Under Investigation
    University Cop Who Fatally Shot Man Says Car Dragged Him
    “I have been doing this for 30 years," Deters said. "This is the most asinine act I have ever seen a police officer make.”

Deters said he was "shocked" when he saw the video and his heart broke for what the video would mean to the community.

"It's just bad. It's just bad what he did and it shouldn't have happened," Deters said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/university-...ry?id=32760968
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 07-29-2015 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn, this is one of the most f-ed up cop videos I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0cdejrSjyc

I came to this thread BTW after seeing this as the lead story on CBS evening news. Glad to see this stuff is finally getting the attention it deserves, definitely making some progress on that front.

Charge: contempt of cop.

Verdict: guilty.

Sentence: summary street side execution.

Move along now.

Why does the video black out @ 2:27?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If you can't handle the rigors of the job, then quit. It's that simple. You can't just execute a guy on instinct.

The race agitators love this one. CNN has had nearly non-stop coverage all day.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The victim had over 60 arrests but was murdered in cold blood. Maybe if he was reading our threads about American police, he would still be alive. LOL

I don't think the officer's body cam was working correctly. Something must have went wrong with it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The victim had over 60 arrests but was murdered in cold blood. Maybe if he was reading our threads about American police, he would still be alive. LOL

yeah, pretty $#@!ing funny ain't it?...another victim of the police state, so lets marginalize it in here....$#@!in' bull$#@!. I'd neg rep you, but it won't change anything will it?

Maybe if he said "Sarc" instead of "LOL"? We each handle our outrage in different ways. Let's cut each other some slack here. Unless there's a way to make donations to help out the bereaved family or something, the best we can do is use this tragedy as a platform to rally more and more people to awareness of the big problem.

Here you go: links for ways to help:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/10087...upport-to-heal
    Last edited by Tinnuhana; 07-30-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: additional link

Here's the GOFundMe for the family for funeral costs and a head stone:
    http://www.gofundme.com/zuhehc
    They need roughly $7000 to meet their goal. I'm going to put this on FB and donate when the pay check comes. Anyone else?

I guess these guys are regretting those bodycams now. SMDH.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Too bad, had the police had know the laws in Cincinnati, Sam Dubose wouldn't even have been pullover in the first place. Also these police supervisors who set arrest quotas that forces the ordinary police men to stop more and more people even those not committing any crimes would get off scott free in the whole in scandal.

Ohio bill would require 1 license plate, not 2

Published 4:52 PM EST Feb 22, 2014

COLUMBUS —Motorists would only be required to display a single license plate on the rear of their vehicles under a proposal pending in the Ohio House.
    But at the same time, a joint House-Senate task force unanimously has recommended against the change to one plate from two, The Columbus Dispatch reports.

Rep. Cheryl Grossman of Grove City, the chairwoman of the License Plate Safety Task Force, said the panel heard no testimony in favor of the switch. The insurance industry, school-bus drivers, truck drivers and the State Highway Patrol along with other law enforcement offices wanted to keep both plates.

At the end of December, the joint panel voted in favor of maintaining the two-plate requirement.

Law-enforcement officials told task force members that front plates help people more easily report crimes and allow officers to spot people involved in traffic investigations, Grossman said.

"I think it's important that we have as many tools as possible for identification," she told the newspaper. "The ability to identify whoever is in that car is far more important than someone who doesn't want a license plate to spoil the front of their car."

A House committee passed a bill seven months ago to require one plate, not two. The proposal has 19 co-sponsors from both parties and is awaiting the OK from House leadership to be taken up for a vote.
    Supporters point to the bill's potential savings for the state: about $1.4 million each year in license plate production and distribution.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/...ceForSamDubose
    Reading the article again, I am not quite sure if the bill became law. Anyone know if it is really illegal to drive with 1 plate in Ohio?
    Last edited by juleswin; 07-30-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Jan2017

Well yes, the video gets deleted/censored about 1:10 before the end . . .
    it must be that it will be needed for his murder trial - ya' don't want to prejudice the jury pool.

Give the cop his day in court, at least before he goes to prison for the rest of his damn pathetic life.

Jan2017

Now I wonder . . . when does any video resume.

I guess no one will see that footage either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Well yes, the video gets deleted/censored about 1:10 before the end . . .
    it must be that it will be needed for his murder trial - ya' don't want to prejudice the jury pool.

Give the cop his day in court, at least before he goes to prison for the rest of his damn pathetic life.
    If previous murder trials, where the accused is a cop, is any indication of the verdict, I think it's doubtful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Too bad, had the police had know the laws in Cincinnati, Sam Dubose wouldn't even have been pullover in the first place. Also these police supervisors who set arrest quotas that forces the ordinary police men to stop more and more people even those not committing any crimes would get off scott free in the whole in scandal.

Reading the article again, I am not quite sure if the bill became law. Anyone know if it is really illegal to drive with 1 plate in Ohio?
    You are required to have a front and rear license plate in Ohio.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    You are required to have a front and rear license plate in Ohio.
    He had it in the front seat area - around the dashboard - and ok, it does seem like the cop was being civil enuf.
    In some jurisdictions, with the young black man reaching in the glovebox and other stuff around - the officer is a bit in danger,
    watching I was thinking (not knowing what was going down). . . oh no. He is gonna pull out a toy gun or pen/weapon or something and gets shot.

Of course, no - the guy takes off and the cop goes crazy pissed off - all pumped up running down the street after the car.

What is on the cam is obviously bad - charged with murder, so - yes the officer is pissed. I am saying it won't look good for the cop.

My point - it WAS obviously caught on tape. The officer was so pissed, you can see how he probably forgot his camera was still on -
    and it recorded a very dirty deed. The camera probably did record a murder. But I dunno of course - up to a jury.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-30-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, and of course you will not hear a word about Zachary Hammond, a clean cut 19 year old, unarmed, white kid with no "rap sheet", executed by a SC cop over the weekend for doing the exact same thing (driving slowly away) Sam DuBose did, during a weed sting.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ing-weed-sting

Yeah, and of course you will not hear a word about Zachary Hammond, a clean cut 19 year old, unarmed, white kid with no "rap sheet", executed by a SC cop over the weekend for doing the exact same thing (driving slowly away) Sam DuBose did, during a weed sting.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ing-weed-sting
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

That videos pretty damning. Hard to see how the cop could use the old tried and true "Fear for my life" defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    He had it in the front seat area - around the dashboard - and ok, it does seem like the cop was being civil enuf.
    In some jurisdictions, with the young black man reaching in the glovebox and other stuff around - the officer is a bit in danger,
    watching I was thinking (not knowing what was going down). . . oh no. He is gonna pull out a toy gun or pen/weapon or something and gets shot.

Of course, no - the guy takes off and the cop goes crazy pissed off - all pumped up running down the street after the car.

What is on the cam is obviously bad - charged with murder, so - yes the officer is pissed. I am saying it won't look good for the cop.

My point - it WAS obviously caught on tape. The officer was so pissed, you can see how he probably forgot his camera was still on -
    and it recorded a very dirty deed. The camera probably did record a murder. But I dunno of course - up to a jury.
    The guy "took off" after half his head was blown off and his foot was dead weight on the accelerator.

I didn't see the license plate in the front windshield (wasn't really looking for it) but that would suffice for the "law." Though it would still lead to you getting pulled over as frequently as the police wished to pull you over.

Could have just as easily been a seatbelt violation or a burnt out license plate bulb that led to this shooting.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Filthy, lying pig. I don't suppose OH has the death penalty, because I'd volunteer to be a one-man firing squad.

That bastard lied from word-one. The driver did not "take off". A dead body took off; dead because the murdering bastard shot a man in the head without cause and possible premeditation.

This really angers me. So much so that at the moment I feel I could peel him alive and not even wince. I will get over this, but that good for nothing cop needs to pay freakishly for this. Death really should be his reward, but I would settle for life at hard labor with no possibility of parole, and physical castration as well. Every minute of the remainder of his existence should be spent in freakish misery, not only as rightful punishment for his crime, but as a message to the rest of the vile, badged criminals out there.

Watch for a plea in exchange for a grossly reduced sentence. The only thing I see as precluding this is a small ocean of really pissed off people ready to burn Cincinnati to the waterline.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I guess these guys are regretting those bodycams now. SMDH.
    If a body camera won't make you act properly...what will?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Damn, this is one of the most f-ed up cop videos I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0cdejrSjyc
    I came to this thread BTW after seeing this as the lead story on CBS evening news. Glad to see this stuff is finally getting the attention it deserves, definitely making some progress on that front.
    Really? Its not even close to the most f-ed up cop videos I've seen. In fact; I'm quite surprised the cop is charged at all. The guy started the car and tried to flee, WTH did he think was gonna happen?

Quote Originally Posted by jtap View Post
    If a body camera won't make you act properly...what will?
    Um, laws that hold cops accountable for excesses of violence? Like that will ever happen...

Less laws that turn the ordinary man into a common criminal by what is decreed on paper? Ignorance of the law is disallowed as a valid reason for conducting an activity deemed criminal, yet, we have millions of laws that we are held accountable for, more than any human could possibly know or understand, and to top it off with a cherry on the ice cream, many of these laws are now "Secret". Laws enable cop interaction, and only furthers a police party more interested in taxation by citation than protecting both the Rights and wellbeing of the People.

We need less Laws.

We need fewer Cops.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Here's a stabilized version of the video. Looks like an execution to me.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

I live in the Cincinnati metro area. Neither of my cars have front plates, but they are registered out of state to states that don't require it. I've never been pulled over about it though.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm quite surprised the cop is charged at all. The guy started the car and tried to flee, WTH did he think was gonna happen?
    Yep, that is how I interpreted the video. He started his car and tried to drive off, what did he expect...
    Cop tells him take his seat belt off, his response is to close the door and start the car, cop tells him twice to stop, he doesn't comply, cop shoots him for trying to flee.
    Last edited by LibertyRevolution; 08-08-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    That videos pretty damning. Hard to see how the cop could use the old tried and true "Fear for my life" defense.
    I would guess he had seen how well that excuse worked before body cams were required, and was hoping the camera wouldn't show enough of what happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast