Thread: Christie Warns Colorado Pot Smokers: ‘Enjoy It’ While You Can

Christie Warns Colorado Pot Smokers: ‘Enjoy It’ While You Can

Christie Warns Colorado Pot Smokers: ‘Enjoy It’ While You Can

by Matt Wilstein
    July 28th, 2015

Chris Christie really, really doesn’t like marijuana.

During one of his “Telling It Like It Is” town hall events in New Hampshire on Tuesday, the New Jersey Governor and 2016 GOP presidential candidate once again let his unusually strong views on the topic be known, this time with a warning to people who live in states like Colorado and Washington where recreational use of the drug is currently legal.

“If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it,” Christie said at the Salt Hill Pub in Newport, New Hampshire, as first reported by Bloomberg Politics. “As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws.”

This is hardly the first time Christie has expressed his strong anti-marijuana views. Earlier this year, he said that tax revenue raised through legalized weed would constitute “blood money.” Later, when he was confronted with the idea that legalization is “inevitable” Christie said it would “never” happen in New Jersey as long as he is governor.

For some reason, Christie has latched onto this issue as an important one, and unless he thought it would benefit him politically, it’s hard to imagine why he would continue to hammer it as a presidential candidate. But exactly what constituency is trying to court with this message?

read more:
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/chris...while-you-can/
    Last edited by jct74; 07-28-2015 at 08:59 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope Christie dies from a heart attack on stage, then falls off and crushes one of his $#@! supporters to death.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Of course, thousands of people are getting high and enjoying it in NJ too.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

one of the best kept secrets is that NJ actually does have legal medical marijuana... it's just a royal pain in the ass to get permission

http://chrischristieeats.tumblr.com/

This is the ORIGINAL site dedicated to Chris Christie eating things!

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    one of the best kept secrets is that NJ actually does have legal medical marijuana... it's just a royal pain in the ass to get permission
    much like the process to get a hand gun

From my nephew... "Coloradans say F*ck you, Christie. You've got to bring it across seven states to even get to us."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Enjoy this race while you can, Christie. Because you know that when (not if) you get your ass handed to you, you're going to throw your back out trying to carry it around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Jan2017

See ya' at the debate on October 28 at the Coors Event Center, Governor Christie !
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...bate-with-CNBC

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Yeah, something like 23 states have medical marijuana . . . not Illinois yet.

But exactly what constituency is trying to court with this message?
    Christie behaves like a gangster. He probably has mafia connections. One could guess that he is courting the illegal drug cartels, with the added bonus of pleasing the police/government organizations that benefit from the drug war, and the knee-jerk authoritarian prohibitionist voters.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Looks like Christie is trying to compete with Santorum over who the biggest moron on stage will be, and I'm hoping that neither one of them makes the cut for the Fox debate.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad. After all, he is a governor (of one of the $#@!tiest states). That fat bastard is more unhealthy than 80% of actual illicit drug users.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    How does a Governor of NJ think he gets to enforce federal laws? Certainly he should be more concerned with qualifying for the GOP debates so that he can be ignored there as the bottom tier candidate that he is.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

"Enjoy it while you can" Is that not what he's been doing throughout his whole life?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Christie behaves like a gangster. He probably has mafia connections. One could guess that he is courting the illegal drug cartels, with the added bonus of pleasing the police/government organizations that benefit from the drug war, and the knee-jerk authoritarian prohibitionist voters.
    One does not even have to guess. Those things are exactly what he is doing.

The only thing to be guessed about is whether he means to be doing all those things, or only some of them ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have a box of Twinkies, Chris.

That POTUS candidate diet is really just making you silly and crazy.

What if we took Little Debbie away from Chris Christie?

If douchebag Christie actually wants to win ANY new elections, his best bet is going to have to be "Legalize Pot Completely".

However, unsuprisingly, he has shown his True Colors - A Petty Tyrant: "you will Obey me because I am a Politician". Whats next Chrstie, go DIE for you as well? But part of his True Colors is that he is nothing more than an Obedient Puppet on strings, same as he expects us to be, and without regard of the will of the People.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

At one time, I thought Christie was okay (when he was smacking down greedy public employee unions, etc).

But now, every time he opens his mouth, he says something stupid.

Wasn't going to support him anyway, but he's heading into the George W. Bush zone (Republicans I really despise).

Exclamation Christie to Colorado: Pot party ends with me

Only pot Christie is interested in, is one full of mac-n-cheese

Christie to Colorado: Pot party ends with me

By Jesse Byrnes

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...y-ends-with-me

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday doused the hopes of those who might want to enjoy state-legalized marijuana with him in the White House.

"If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it," Christie, a Republican presidential candidate, said during a town-hall event in the early voting state of New Hampshire, according to Bloomberg.

“As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws,” he added.

Christie, who has long opposed recreational marijuana and said early this month that he has never tried pot, has stated that unlike President Obama he would not selectively choose which federal laws to enforce.

“If you want to change the marijuana laws, go ahead and change the national marijuana laws," the former prosecutor said Tuesday, according to Bloomberg.

(Utter Federalism Fail. - AF)

Colorado and three other states have legalized recreational marijuana in recent years, including Washington, Oregon and Alaska, along with the District of Columbia.

Christie currently sits ninth in a crowded GOP field of more than a dozen candidates hoping to make it onto the stage for their party's first debate Aug. 6, which is capped at the top 10 based on recent polls.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

As a governor, how would he feel about the Federal Government trampling over New Jersey's rights as a state?

Thank you Chris Christie, for not allowing Colorado to trample over the Commerce Clause of the Constitution.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Christie is the biggest piece of crap I've seen in a long time. So he's going to govern through tyranny ... He's a sick bastard. Just takes five seconds to size him up... He's a white version of Obama, with 200 pounds added. Haven't we had enough tyranny with Obama?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it,” Christie said at the Salt Hill Pub in Newport, New Hampshire, as first reported by Bloomberg Politics. “As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws.”

Lol, sounds like a great strategy.

It's 2015. That position won't even work in the GOP primary anymore, let alone the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I hope Christie dies from a heart attack on stage, then falls off and crushes one of his $#@! supporters to death.
    Just one?

At his size, he could probably crush the whole crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    What if we took Little Debbie away from Chris Christie?
    lolol

Chris Christie to Colorado: I Will Ram Federal Law Down Your Throats

Ryan McMaken

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...-your-throats/

Chris Christie, who unbeknownst to virtually everyone is running for President, has announced that, if he becomes president, he will make sure that Colorado’s nullification of federal marijuana law will not be allowed to stand. Says Christie:

“If you’re getting high in Colorado today, enjoy it,” Christie, a Republican presidential candidate, said during a town-hall event in the early voting state of New Hampshire, according to Bloomberg.

“As of January 2017, I will enforce the federal laws,” he added.

Christie has long had it out for Colorado. Back in April 2014, he declared that Colorado must be an awful place to live because of legal cannabis:

“For the people who are enamored with the idea with the income, the tax revenue from this, go to Colorado and see if you want to live there,” the Republican said.

“See if you want to live in a major city in Colorado where there’s head shops popping up on every corner and people flying into your airport just to come and get high. To me, it’s just not the quality of life we want to have here in the state of New Jersey and there’s no tax revenue that’s worth that.”

To most Coloradans, the idea that someone from New Jersey is looking down on Colorado is pretty hilarious, but Christie’s threat of using violence against peaceful Coloradans is no doubt very real. The threat also applies to Washington State, Oregon, and Alaska, of course, although Christie seems particularly fixated on Colorado.

When the ballot issue passed in Colorado, it passed with significant support from Republicans and non-affiliated voters, so Christie apparently knows he’ll never get the nomination, because his position on legalized cannabis only helps ensure that a Dem would win the state and its badly-needed electoral votes in the general election.

Electoral politics aside, however, the next presidential administration will be an interesting test case of the nullification that has taken place on the cannabis issue in recent years. Will Republicans take a stand to destroy federalism even further in the name of promoting the drug war? We already know that some politicians, including AG Jon Bruning of Nebraska have led efforts to obliterate what is left of federalism in the United States in a bizarre crusade to keep cannabis illegal. If recent lawsuits from the GOP leaders of Oklahoma and Nebraska are successful in the federal courts, the idea of state sovereignty will be dead and buried, at least legally.

Such a situation would also help ensure a quick demise to the Texas gold plan, among other local initiatives. Basically, a new assault on federalism would help establish once and for all that nothing any state government does is beyond the pervue of federal oversight.

Such an outcome would also send the message yet again that democracy only counts for anything if the ruling elites agree with the outcomes.

The federal courts have sent this signal for years, killing democratically-approved measures such as Proposition 187 and Proposition 8 and barely tolerating the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights. Now, cannabis legalization may ultimately get it, although, the upside may be that the voters may finally figure out that none of the millionaires in the White House, Congress, or the Governors’ mansions care what they think.

has he ever taken a stance on cuban cigars?

Aw, he just needs a snickers..