Thread: Poll: Half of all GOP Voters Don't Feel Represented By D.C.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Poll: Half of all GOP Voters Don't Feel Represented By D.C.

I'd say that this is a potential national security disaster.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ssatisfaction/

In the new CNN poll, 53 percent of Republican voters feel their views are not represented in Washington. This is nearly double the sentiment among Democrats and far higher than that of overall voters.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So few? It's kind of suprising that the percentage isn't much higher?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    So few? It's kind of suprising that the percentage isn't much higher?
    Half of the GOP are country club types or party lickers that love the status quo.....Unfortunately. However, the other half is virulently rebellious since they have the scars to prove it.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-27-2015 at 09:03 PM.

The other half is Tea Party and they are pretty fed up.

The other half aren't represented by D.C. either, they just haven't yet managed to figure that out.

I would imagine voters in both major parties, of various political ideologies, are tired of hearing candidates make campaign promises, only to forget about or willfully ignore those promises as soon as they take the oath of whatever office for which they ran.

When will these voters wake up and do something differently?

I don't know anyone in the half they claim is represented by DC...

I suppose if I hung out with government employees maybe I'd view things differently though...

Wealthy people have had to make choices too, thanks to Republican representation. Establishment Republicans are nothing more than Democrats behind the curve.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    315+ million people.

535 Congressmen + 1 POTUS.

Do the math ...

Is America Too Big?
    Is America too big for democracy? Too big for its traditional republican form? What does it mean if the answer is yes? This video series proposes that the source of our biggest social and political problems is our SIZE. Like the, obese, 600 pound man who experiences heart failure, diabetes, and dozens of other ailments, so too does America, only its diseases go by the names Debt, War, Entitlements, Gridlock, and Corruption. Our problems cannot be fixed through any change in ideology or bi-partisan agreement in Congress, because those are not the root of our problems. The source is our size. As America's population increases, the level of representation and control each voter has must inexorably decrease. As power centralizes in a federal government, literally out of the hands of its citizens, conflicts and problems mount. What can be done? Please watch and join the conversation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCNd7h0fsdE
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-25-2023 at 11:21 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Nobody is represented by DC except those who have paid well for the privilege.