Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Mexican Cilantro Banned in U.S. After Feces, Toilet Paper Found in Fields: FDA

Some Mexican Cilantro Banned in U.S. After Feces, Toilet Paper Found in Fields: FDA

That's it, I'm going to start growing my own cilantro.

It appears that cilantro contaminated by human waste is to blame for several years of intestinal illnesses among Americans, according to the Food and Drug Administration.

The FDA announced on Monday that it has identified the cause of hundreds of U.S. cases of cyclosporiasis after health officials found human feces and toilet paper in growing fields in the state of Puebla, Mexico. The administration will detain Mexican cilantro at the border from April to August and forbid products from Puebla from entering into the U.S. without inspections and certification, according to a partial import ban dated Monday by the agency.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/na...FlowFB_DCBrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Feces and toilet paper found in a field in Mexico???? NO WAY.
    "The Patriarch"

Feces and toilet paper found in a field in Mexico???? NO WAY.
    Way
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Who's been poopin' in the Mexican cilantro patches?

Raw sewage is bad because it may have heavy metals, pathogens or pharmaceuticals that can contaminate crops. If they composted it I wouldn't have so much of a concern.

I like growing my own herbs.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Probably some gringos suffering from Montezuma's revenge.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 07-27-2015 at 09:02 PM.

I've $#@! in wheat fields before.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I've $#@! in a cornfield before. Had to go town to far.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I've $#@! in a cornfield before. Had to go town to far.
    T M I !

T M I !
    Want me to tell you the places I've shat?
    "The Patriarch"

All they had to do was slap a "organic" label on it and instead of banning it, they could have charged 2x for it.

My brother gave me some of that for Christmas a few years ago. It's not as bad as it looks.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Want me to tell you the places I've shat?
    That's to be expected from a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My brother gave me some of that for Christmas a few years ago. It's not as bad as it looks.
    Well...it ain't no....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	4382

Oh geez, if he ever sees that, I'll definitely be gettin' some.

I need to find that before he does. Spotted Dick would make a great gift for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Well...it ain't no....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh geez, if he ever sees that, I'll definitely be gettin' some.

I need to find that before he does. Spotted Dick would make a great gift for him.

I would offer to get some for you but I don't think I would make it through the checkout without giggling uncontrollably. I'm immature like that.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Raw sewage is bad because it may have heavy metals, pathogens or pharmaceuticals that can contaminate crops. If they composted it I wouldn't have so much of a concern.

I like growing my own herbs.
    that is what theyre using for fertilizer nowadays

I would offer to get some for you but I don't think I would make it through the checkout without giggling uncontrollably. I'm immature like that.
    Maybe Amazon carries it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    that is what theyre using for fertilizer nowadays
    Composted Human waste? Or Raw sewage?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Someone has been doing the poopin.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Some of them I assume use the toilet.

Well, they didn't say they found Cyclospora cayetanensis in the feces did they?

Seems like they would want to check to make sure that was really the source.

Meh...good.

Hate that weed anyways.

Even fresh, un-$#@!-upon cilantro tastes like dish soap to me.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well...it ain't no....

Ah, those Brits...

Toad-in-the-Hole

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_in_the_hole

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Meh...good.

Hate that weed anyways.

It's a genetic thing. http://foodreference.about.com/od/He...aste-Soapy.htm

I love it myself...preferably the poop free variety.

Meh...good.

Hate that weed anyways.

SMH. You have no idea how many of your favorite dishes it is in.

Not to mention how good the stuff is with cleansing the heavy metals from human tissue.

Other Benefits of Cilantro

May be able to help prevent cardiovascular damage. [2]
    The School of Life Science in Tamil Nadu, India noted, after researching the activity of cilantro leaves and stem, “if used in cuisine would be a remedy for diabetes.” [3]
    Strong antioxidant activity. [4]
    Has been shown to have anti-anxiety effects. [5]
    May help improve sleep quality. [6]
    Has been examined and described to have a blood-sugar lowering effect. [7]
    Cilantro seed oil possess antioxidative properties, consumption may decrease oxidative stress. [8]
    Research conducted by The Dental School of Piracicaba in Brazil found cilantro oil to be a new natural fungal cleansing formulation opportunity. [9]
    Demonstrated activity against several types of harmful organisms. [10] [11]

James A. Duke, Ph.D., a former botanist at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and author of The CRC Handbook of Medicinal Herbs, has praised the digestive-system-promoting benefits of cilantro and recommends drinking a cup of the tea made from a handful of the leaves, when experiencing any form of stomach discomfort.
    Source

Meh...good.

Hate that weed anyways.

Mutant!

If you think a dash of cilantro on your guacamole makes it taste like it was sprinkled with sand, you're not alone.

The news: An aversion to cilantro is in your genes, a realization scientists came to after thousands of people started having their DNA analyzed by consumer genetics company 23andMe (when the process was still legal). To approximately 10% of those who got tested, cilantro tastes like soap.

Even master chef Julia Child hates the green, leafy stuff. When Larry King asked her in 2002 what she would do if the herb showed up on her food, she said, "I would pick it out ... and throw it on the floor."

Why you're either a lover or a hater: People who strongly dislike cilantro are born with a genetic variant buried inside a cluster of smell-influencing genes. As with many other foods, the reason you hate (or love) the taste of cilantro is tied up with the reason you abhor (or adore) its smell. Our sensitivity to cilantro's distinctive kick is controlled by a special protein. If we're especially insensitive, we don't taste cilantro at all.

The haters seem pretty united in their distaste for the herb. They even have a Facebook page categorized as a political party. And a blog.
    http://mic.com/articles/93345/if-you...-reason-for-it

Mutant!
    You know not the half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    SMH. You have no idea how many of your favorite dishes it is in.
    Cooking cilantro also greatly reduces its potency, which is why most recipes call for adding it fresh as a topper after cooking. If you're looking for a little cilantro flavor without a super strong in-your-face presence, try adding it to food as it cooks to lessen its strength.
    Cooked, I barely notice.

Fresh, I don't care enough to fight about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast