Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Benefits of Shilajit for Men

6 Benefits of Shilajit for Men

6 Benefits of Shilajit for Men

Men who live and work in the mountains are known for their strength and endurance, and it appears there’s more to it than simply the mountain air. Shilajit, pronounced shil-ah-jeet, is an organic tar-like substance that naturally occurs in mountains around the globe, from the Himalayas to the Andes. It may not sound tasty, but as you’ll see in a moment, it works. Ayurvedic doctors began using it hundreds of years ago for its potent health-supportive properties.

6 Benefits of Shilajit for Men’s Health

Shilajit contains several potent substances including antioxidants and humic and fulvic acid. The plant contains over 80 minerals that support the body, and many have an incredible effect on a man’s health. If you’re a man, no matter where you live, you’ll want to look into shilajit. Here are 6 health benefits of Shilajit for men that will hopefully convince you:

1. Supports Fertility

A study gave 60 men suffering from infertility shilajit twice daily for 90 days. At the end of the trial period, sperm counts in the men increased by more than 60%, and sperm activity improved by 12% or more. [1] This supports what Ayurvedic doctors have known for centuries. Any man dealing with infertility should consider this safe, natural alternative to address his condition.

2. Promotes Testosterone Levels Naturally

It does more than increase the number and health of a man’s ‘swimmers.’ Men who take shilajit enjoy a boost to their testosterone levels, and a man needs higher testosterone levels to protect muscle tissue, keep fat off, and maintain a better overall mood and thinking.

3. Enhances Performance

Tradition holds men who take shilajit have more energy and feel generally better. It could be the mountain air, or it could be the nutrient density of shilajit. Researchers have determined shilajit acts at the cellular level to improve energy production at its source, the mitochondria. [2] When your cells are nourished like this, you feel like more awake, your recover faster, and you have what it takes to go that extra mile.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    3 Benefits of Shilajit for Women’s Health

Formed over hundreds of years from decayed plant material, Shilajit is a tar-like substance found in the Himalayas, Caucasus, and Andes. Pronounced “shil-ah-jeet,” it offers quite a few compounds that support human health. This substance has been part of Ayurvedic medicine for centuries and is especially beneficial for women, providing energy enhancement, mood support, and antioxidant protection.

3 Benefits of Shilajit for Women’s Health

Here are a few of the health benefits of Shilajit and how it relates to female health:
    1. Supports Healthy Aging

In some villages in the Himalayas, Shilajit is a regular part of the diet. Residents of these villages consider it an important component for promoting good health. One research study found that Shilajit, when combined with Indian ginseng, may be helpful for reducing the risk of age-related cognitive decline.

2. Energy Enhancer

The data doesn’t lie. Human and animal studies suggest that Shilajit helps you fight fatigue and feel energized. Traditional medicine credits it as a revitalizer to enhance physical performance. Why? Because Shilajit supports ATP production, helping to enhance energy at the cellular level. [1]

When researchers decided to test its impact on the physical challenges associated with high altitude, such as physical stress, lethargy, and general tiredness, they determined that its fulvic acid content acts at a deep tissue level to overcome these common issues. [2]

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Benefits of Shilajit supplements

by Dr. Vikram Chauhan

Shilajit is very well known natural supplement for overall health benefits since centuries. It is a product of higher altitudes regions, particularly Himalayan regions. The native people are well familiar with the health benefits of Shilajit. They utilize it for many purposes and sell it nearby places for centuries. The old fashioned business has been now transformed into international business due to its health benefits.

In Ayurveda, Shilajit has been described as Rasayana and provides many health benefits. The modern science also has studied Shilajit for clinical applications. The Ayurveda literature suggests its influence on endocrine, autonomic and brain functions. In conjunction with modern science the Shilajit has been opened with many beneficial uses such as immunomodulatory, antiulcerogenic actions, gastric juices, antistress, and anti-allergic actions. Thereby, the more extensive and comprehensive studies on Shilajit using modern clinical methods have endured the Ayurvedic Rasayan Shilajit as the most effective natural supplement for the treatment of various health ailments.

The Benefits of Shilajit

Antiulcerogenic activity

The recent studies showed that Shilajit can increase the ratio of carbohydrate/protein and decrease the gastric ulcer index, which indicates the increased mucus barrier. Thereby, it contains antiulcerogenic activity and has been clinically proved to treat ulcers.

Anti-inflammatory activity

Silajit have potent anti-inflammatory activity in acute, sub-acute and chronic forms of inflammation. The scientific studies revealed the Shilajit as the inhibitor of cytokines during inflammation reducing swellings, pain and fever.

Antioxidant activity

Shilajit contains dihydroxybenzo-alpha-pyrones, which has the capability to recycle the ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). It means when ascorbic acid has neutralized the free radicals like sulphite anion, hydroxy and nitric oxide in the body, the Shilajit can regenerate the ascorbic acid. Shilajit effectively inhibits the lipid peroxidation. Therefore, Shilajit is a natural body rejuvenator herbal supplement.

Continued...

By other names, it is also known as mineral pitch, tar, asphalt, and bitumin. http://purblack.com/history-mineral-...umie-bragshun/

Shilajit, a Sanskrit name for mineral pitch resin, is known in different languages and different areas of the world. The most popular name is Shilajit, which has to do with the popularity of Ayurveda in the West. But the common English name is less glamorous-it is simply mineral pitch. The substance has been known as asphalt and bitumen, but it is definitely not the same as the materials used in road paving!
    I liked this description: http://holisticonline.com/herbal-med/_Herbs/h189.htm

Silajit has a bitter taste. It smells like the cow's stale urine. Monkeys use this natural remedy for various ailments. They stay healthy and live a long time.
    May also include heavy metals like mercury and arsenic. http://www.labdegaragem.com.br/wiki/...ajit_Vitamins?

A few years ago a significant pr release by means of the World Health Organization warned shoppers that many Asian therapeutic merchandise available on the market ended up being in danger of toxic metal contamination. Briefly prior to experts disclosed an item found to include Forty concentrations above the maximum permitted content of contaminants! Consequently you would think that merely several smaller distributors have been making use of below quality product correct? Wrong, sometimes significant providers of Shilajeet were noted to possess large levels of heavy metals! These include worldwide distributors sending out dangerous product, and these nations aren't the only areas acquiring contaminated supplements, everybody is.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-27-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Less is more with this potent material.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    " Supports Fertility" that's a benefit?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Less is more with this potent material.
    I agree.

It tastes and smells like a campfire. I've had some sitting in the freezer that I hadn't touched in probably a year or so, but this reminded me about it. Thanks for the reminder, I think I'll start taking it regularly again for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    It tastes and smells like a campfire. I've had some sitting in the freezer that I hadn't touched in probably a year or so, but this reminded me about it. Thanks for the reminder, I think I'll start taking it regularly again for a while.
    I am going to try it in BBQ sauce. Someone told me it gives it a nice smokey flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am going to try it in BBQ sauce. Someone told me it gives it a nice smokey flavor.
    It does have a nice and bold smokey flavor, and I enjoy it. Most others I've seen couldn't take the flavor though. Might take a few tries at first. The way I take it, is I let it dissolve under my tongue with some honey. Had some potato chips afterward this time. It was like the chips were roasted over a campfire, with a smoky flavor.

And yes, less is more with it. It's rather potent, and at first most people I've seen get a bit of a rush of energy just after they take it. Half of a pea-sized amount or less is plenty, though sometimes I take more, and once or twice a day is a good frequency for it.
    Last edited by Yieu; 08-02-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Shilajithelp is in treating this issue. It helps in improving blood circulation and is also valuable in maintaining the erection for longer period. It increases the strength, vigor and vitality and anyone can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by livouniversal View Post
    Shilajithelp is in treating this issue. It helps in improving blood circulation and is also valuable in maintaining the erection for longer period. It increases the strength, vigor and vitality and anyone can take it.
    A four year old necro-bump to talk about erections - that's a hell of a first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    A four year old necro-bump to talk about erections - that's a hell of a first post.
    Well it piqued your interest...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Among it's healthy minerals:

Lithium
    Aluminum
    Arsenic
    Strontium
    Germanuim
    Lead
    Rubidium

https://www.purehimalayanshilajit.com/trace-minerals/

https://www.livestrong.com/article/2...s-of-shilajit/

Consumers should be aware that shilajit has not been proven to be effective in the treatment of conditions such as high blood pressure or the central nervous system for anxiety or stress, according to Robert Talbert of the California College of Ayurveda, though Shilajit is often used to treat such conditions. Shilajit has not been proven effective in treating respiratory conditions such as asthma, another common belief. The adaptogenic components of shilajit have been known to benefit some, though you should understand that if you've taken the herb for two months and haven't noticed any change in your health, you probably won't see any. Always talk to you doctor about dangers, efficacy and contraindications of natural herbs before use.

Shilajit has been purported to be an aphrodisiac, but few studies have been performed to verify this according to Dr. Ray Sahelian, nutrition expert, author and board-certified by the American Board of Family Medicine in family practice. Shilajit has not been proven for efficacy in human research scenarios, so always take with caution.

Adverse Reactions
    While shilajit may be safely used by individuals in many cases, the herb may lower blood pressure in some. Individuals with any type of suspected or diagnosed heart conditions should talk to their doctor about taking shilajit to prevent a drop in blood pressure that may cause fainting, dizziness or falls, suggests Dr. Michael Hartman of the Sabinsa Corporation in Bangalore, India. Shilajit may also adversely affect diabetics for the same reason. A diabetic with low blood sugar levels may feel faint, weak, or unbalanced due to the effects of shilajit in the system.

Purity
    Be aware that shilajit may contain impurities, depending on the country of origin, standards of health and regulations in that country, and training and professionalism of those preparing the herbal remedies. Some Ayurvedic herbs have been found to contain high levels of heavy metals, according to Health Canada and Medical News Today, warning that shilajit capsules manufactured by Dabur India Ltd. contain high amounts of lead and mercury, and in some cases, arsenic.

Shilajit should not be taken in raw or unprocessed form, warns the "International Journal of Ayurveda Research," as it may contain fungus growth such as Aspergillus niger and Trichothecium roseum. Some forms of shilajit may also contain high levels of free radicals, which could damage cells and cellular structures in the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Well it piqued your interest...
    Not my fault. I was innocently having my morning coffee and contemplation time and the erection just popped up. Kinda surprised me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Not my fault. I was innocently having my morning coffee and contemplation time and the erection just popped up. Kinda surprised me.
    An erection surprising you? I find that hard to believe.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

So it puts some lead in your pencil?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So it puts some lead in your pencil?
    Lead is one of the minerals found in it.

Shilajit has been purported to be an aphrodisiac, but few studies have been performed to verify this according to Dr. Ray Sahelian, nutrition expert, author and board-certified by the American Board of Family Medicine in family practice. Shilajit has not been proven for efficacy in human research scenarios, so always take with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Lead is one of the minerals found in it.
    But I am sure it is parts per billion. No worries.

But I am sure it is parts per billion. No worries.
    Now you are starting to get it. Dosage matters. Everything has scary stuff in it but not everything will kill you.

Now you are starting to get it. Dosage matters. Everything has scary stuff in it but not everything will kill you.
    Sorry I should of used this emoji:

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry I should of used this emoji:
    So you promote the consumption of toxic substances?

Among it's healthy minerals:

Lithium
    Aluminum
    Arsenic
    Strontium
    Germanuim
    Lead
    Rubidium

Ten potential benefits of shilajit
    When it is used correctly, shilajit may have several benefits for the body. This may be due in part to the high concentration of fulvic and humic acids, as well as many minerals.

1. Brain function

The numerous compounds found in shilajit may be helpful for brain function, and may even aid Alzheimer's therapy.

A study in the International Journal of Alzheimer's Disease noted that shilajit is traditionally used for longevity and to slow aging. The compounds in it may help control cognitive disorders, such as Alzheimer's.

Researchers expect shilajit to have an impact in preventing cognitive disorders, but more research is needed to explore these possibilities.

2. Aging

One study noted that fulvic acid, one of the key compounds in shilajit, acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound. As such, it may help reduce free radicals and cellular damage in the body, which are two key factors in aging.

Daily supplementation of shilajit may contribute to overall vitality and a slower aging process in some people.

3. Anemia

Anemia develops when the blood does not have enough healthy cells or hemoglobin. There are many causes of anemia, including iron deficiency.

Iron deficiency anemia can cause numerous symptoms in the body, including:

irregular heartbeat
    fatigue and weakness
    cold hands and feet
    headache

Shilajit contains high levels of humic acid and iron, which may be helpful in treating iron deficiency anemia. It is important to explore this option with a doctor before taking supplements, however.

4. Antiviral

The wide range of minerals and compounds found in shilajit may also help fight off viruses. A research study noted that shilajit could fight off and kill many different viruses in isolated environments, including some herpes viruses.

Researchers commented that while it does appear to be effective, more studies carried out with live subjects are needed to back up these claims.

5. Chronic fatigue

A 2012 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology found that shilajit helped reduce symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome in test subjects.

Researchers noted that shilajit might help improve cell functions in the body, which means it may reduce fatigue at the source of the problem and increase energy levels naturally.

6. Altitude sickness

One of the claims made by traditional practitioners is that shilajit can help alleviate altitude sickness. The changes in pressure at high altitudes can greatly affect some people. Symptoms of altitude sickness range from body pain and fatigue to lung congestion and low oxygen in the brain.

Shilajit is a complex substance that contains more than 80 different minerals, as well as fulvic acid and humic acid. Because of this broad spectrum of beneficial components, shilajit is thought to help reduce many symptoms of altitude sickness.

It may help improve the brain's cognitive processes, boost the immune system, and reduce inflammation, all of which could lessen altitude sickness.

7. Liver cancer

Shilajit also shows promise in fighting against certain types of cancer cells. One study found that shilajit helped force the destruction of cancerous cells in the liver.

It also stopped these cancer cells from multiplying. Researchers noted that their results show that shilajit has an anti-cancer effect, but more studies are needed.

8. Heart health

As it may lower blood pressure, those with heart disease or hypotension should not take shilajit.
    Shilajit may also protect the heart and improve heart health. A recent study using rats noted the protective effects shilajit has on the heart.

Animals who were treated with shilajit prior to cardiac injury had less damage to the heart than those who were not given shilajit.

It is important to note that shilajit may reduce blood pressure in some cases and should not be taken by anyone who has an active heart condition.

9. Obesity

Carrying extra weight can tire the muscles and put stress on the bones. A study in the Journal of Medicinal Food noted that people who were obese who took an oral supplement of purified shilajit responded better to exercise than those who did not.

Researchers noted that the shilajit seemed to activate genes in the body that helped the skeletal muscles quickly adapt to the new workout. This could mean less fatigue and more strength over time.

10. Male fertility and testosterone

Shilajit has also been studied to increase male fertility. One study gave 60 infertile men shilajit twice a day for 90 days.

After the test period, almost half of the men who completed the treatment showed an increase in total sperm count and sperm motility, or how many and how well the sperm move towards the egg, both of which are factors in male fertility,

Another study looked at the ability of shilajit to increase testosterone levels in healthy volunteers. Men between 45 and 55 years old were given shilajit for 90 days. At the end of this period, researchers noted significant increases in the levels of total testosterone.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320318.php

But it contains toxic substances. You promote the consumption of toxic substances? Or don't they matter because the amounts are too small?

But it contains toxic substances. You promote the consumption of toxic substances? Or don't they matter because the amounts are too small?
    Purified shilajit does not.

References:
    http://sciencebehindayurveda.com/shil.html
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26395129
    https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijad/2012/674142/
    https://www.theayurvedaexperience.co...ilajit-safety/

Really?

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijad/2012/674142/

However, recent studies indicate that several ayurvedic products including shilajit and other Indian manufactured products commercialized by the Internet may contain detectable heavy metals levels as lead, mercury, and arsenic
    https://www.theayurvedaexperience.co...ilajit-safety/

Please note that lab tested samples of purified shilajit usually have metal ions in permissible limits.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-16-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Yes really...you only want to quote half of a full quote to make your point.

Potential Risks
    Studies indicate the shilajit consumption without preliminary purification may lead to risks of intoxication given the presence of mycotoxin, heavy metal ions, polymeric quinones (oxidant agents), and free radicals, among others [3]. Therefore, a purified, ready-for-use preparation for human consumption must be used. However, recent studies indicate that several ayurvedic products including shilajit and other Indian manufactured products commercialized by the Internet may contain detectable heavy metals levels as lead, mercury, and arsenic [31]. This study showed the presence of heavy metals and other minerals, including gems, is associated with the belief that when mixed with shilajit or other herbal preparations they generate a better response from the body in a synergic manner. This is what is known as rasa-shastra in ayurvedic medicine. Rasashastra experts claim that if this is prepared, administered, and consumed properly, it is safe and has therapeutic advantages [31]. It is worth considering that recent clinical reports indicate cases of lead poisoning in patients who have used ayurvedic products against weakening [32, 33].

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast