Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump bows out of Aug 3 NH forum

Trump bows out of Aug 3 NH forum

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...0501/150729542

Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Rand Paul are in. Donald Trump is out.

A total of 14 candidates will participate in the Voters First Republican Presidential Forum on Monday, Aug. 3, at St. Anselm College. The two-hour forum, intended to highlight the importance of the first-in-the-nation primary, along with the Iowa caucuses and South Carolina’s early primary.
    Candidate Trump bowed out because, an aide said, he was upset with a Union Leader editorial this week that mocked him for saying that U.S. Sen. John McCain was not a war hero. McCain, shot down by the North Vietnamese, suffered years of torture after refusing to be released early because his father was an admiral. -

Joining Bush, Walker, Paul and Sen. Rubio will be Carly Fiorina, Govs. Bobby Jindal, John Kasich and Chris Christie, former Govs. Rick Perry and George Pataki; U.S. Sens. Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz, former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum, and Dr. Ben Carson.
    Trump shoots up in the polls then bows out of the first debate. Some kind of game being played here....

eta: this is not the Faux News debate, that's the 6th. No word whether Trump will attend that one.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-27-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Trump shoots up in the polls then bows out of the first debate. Some kind of game being played here....
    No $#@!. It's a shame some here can't see it.
    "The Patriarch"

Hmmm, in light of this, I wonder whether FOX will try to go out of their way to insult the Donald, so as to goad him into backing out of their debate as well.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

eta: this is not the Faux News debate, that's the 6th. No word whether Trump will attend that one.
    First reaction is that this is a huge mistake on Trump's part. It will be interesting to see how this works -- for or against his polls.

The whole electoral system is a game stacked to the establishment's advantage. We know that ... now, but it's not the way we were taught and conditioned to think about it.

Jan2017

On Monday, August 3, candidates for the Republican Presidential Primary will come together for a Voters First Forum at Saint Anselm College.
    The forum, sponsored jointly by the New Hampshire Union Leader, the Charleston, S.C, Post & Courier, the Cedar Rapids, IA, Gazette,
    and WLTX-TV in Columbia, SC will be broadcast live on C-SPAN at 7 p.m.
    Topics for the forum will be determined by you, the voters.
    Please choose the top five topics you would like to see discussed from the five drop-down lists below.

h xxps-www.surveymonkey.com/r/SCBZTK8
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-27-2015 at 06:51 PM. Reason: breaking link

^^^break the link

If they're sophisticated enough to be tracking traffic origin, and they're biased against Rand, they may discount votes cast by people from RPF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Topics for the forum will be determined by you, the voters.
    Please choose the top five topics you would like to see discussed from the five drop-down lists below.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SCBZTK8
    1) immigration
    2) international trade
    3) economy and jobs
    4) taxes
    5) privacy/surveillance
    other) reduce the size and cost of government

You don't need to be a psychic to predict this was going to happen. Trump is not a real candidate. This whole thing has been a massive troll, probably for the Clintons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He's buying time to prep. Probably a smart idea considering he has a huge bulls-eye on back. It's an obvious delay tactic.

The DNC's toupeed bitch isn't coming?

O noes..
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-27-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    You don't need to be a psychic to predict this was going to happen. Trump is not a real candidate. This whole thing has been a massive troll, probably for the Clintons.
    No $#@!...successful troll is successful.

He'll change his mind or he'll take big hit. It's one thing to ban a paper from your press conference, but he just looks childish by skipping a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Hmmm, in light of this, I wonder whether FOX will try to go out of their way to insult the Donald, so as to goad him into backing out of their debate as well.
    FOX loves Trump. All I hear is the name "Trump" on their broadcast. Then Bush, then Walker. They would die if Trump dropped from their debate. Remember, Trump is a regular guest on FOX, and has been for at least a couple of years now. He is only every Monday morning.

How much attention is the forum actually going to get? The Fox News debate is just a couple days after. I think Trump will be the top story whether he attends or doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    How much attention is the forum actually going to get? The Fox News debate is just a couple days after. I think Trump will be the top story whether he attends or doesn't.
    He's probably preparing for the Fox debate since he probably never fathomed that he would be leading the field.

‘It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.’

Mark Twain
    Some people will never stop believing until Donald Trump himself springs out of a cake and shouts "April fool!!!". Cos if he quits the campaign, they would blame it on TPTB threatening him. If he goes to the debate and bombs, they would say either that he performed well or that the CIA gave him some stupor pills. Nothing other than a confession from Trump himself would wake them up from their trance

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His ego is more important than winning the presidency and that is why he is at the top of the polls right now. People love to watch a show than an actual debate.

In fact, some Republicans who may not even be super voters might have even chosen to take part of the phone surveys when called just because they are entertained by The Donald mega news cycle.. Primary voters tend to be super voters.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Buchanan thinks Trump will make the final 4.
    http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/could-trump-win/

Check out the comments. It amazes me how captivated they are at being conned.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Trump is going to go wherever the cameras are, and apart from local media, none of them will be at that forum. I'm not sold on whether Trump is staging a giant practical joke and am likewise not sold on him being serious, but given his recent patterns, he appears to be banking on national media coverage over any additional interchanges with other candidates, unless there's a huge audience watching on pay per view.

Trump will get even more coverage for making this decision in the immediate future, and possibly during and after the debate, too. Plus he won't make any mistakes on stage or have a Rick Perry moment.

From that perspective, it's not the worst move in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

This whole thread is comical.

What would he have to gain, at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No $#@!. It's a shame some here can't see it.
    He's made fools out of so many people.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Perhaps this is why he bowed out:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ccused-of-Rape
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well if you're the highest in the polls, going to a debate can only hurt you. It's like, image you're at 99%. What benefit could going to a debate with your 1% opposition possibly have for you? You can only go down, they can only go up. Debates help the small fish most of all.

Had a long lazy breakfast with a friend and colleague from many years ago this past week. I'm on my first cup of coffee when he walks in. He's smiling as we shake hands and he sits down. "So, Trump happened since we last got together." He was a Cruz supporter, but has switched to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Had a long lazy breakfast with a friend and colleague from many years ago this past week. I'm on my first cup of coffee when he walks in and sits down. He's smiling as we shake hands and he sits down. "So, Trump happened since we last got together." He was a Cruz supporter, but has switched to Trump.
    Trump makes Cruz look completely ineffectual. We'll see how Trump does in the debates though.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    We'll see how Trump does in the debates though.
    ...if he shows up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Had a long lazy breakfast with a friend and colleague from many years ago this past week. I'm on my first cup of coffee when he walks in. He's smiling as we shake hands and he sits down. "So, Trump happened since we last got together." He was a Cruz supporter, but has switched to Trump.
    I got personal anecdotes too of potential liberal converts having a laugh at my expense because Trump is leading the GOP field in polls. But yea, we all have personal stories of people laughing, smiling or indifferent because Trump is leading.

I guess one of the lessons of this story is that birds of the same feather flock together. My friends think Trump is a fraud and there is no way I can ever get them to vote for him especially when I won't be voting for him under any condition. You on the other hand is trilled that he is leading and your friends are probably thrilled at the idea of his being elected POTUS too.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I got personal anecdotes too of potential liberal converts having a laugh at my expense because Trump is leading the GOP field in polls. But yea, we all have personal stories of people laughing, smiling or indifferent because Trump is leading.

I guess one of the lessons of this story is that birds of the same feather flock together. My friends think Trump is a fraud and there is no way I can ever get them to vote for him especially when I won't be voting for him under any condition. You on the other hand is trilled that he is leading and your friends are probably thrilled at the idea of his being elected POTUS too.
    try not to fill your post with so many tears, it's hard to read that way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast