Thread: I Got My Body Analyzed for Glyphosate Residue

I Got My Body Analyzed for Glyphosate Residue

I Got My Body Analyzed for Glyphosate Residue

7/21/2015 9:27:00 AM

By Hannah Kincaid

Glyphosate is the main ingredient in Monsanto’s popular Roundup herbicide, and when I learned that I could affordably have my body tested for glyphosate accumulation, I immediately jumped on board. People get tested all the time to see if their vitamin levels are deficient, and some pay big bucks to test hormone levels and genetic history. Why not see if you’re playing landlord to a toxic tenant?
    My Test Results

I’ve eaten an all-organic diet for years, and filter most of my drinking and cooking water. With the exception of occasional restaurant meals, I consume organically-grown, local-when-possible, whole foods. This goes a long way toward avoiding glyphosate and other non-organic pesticides and herbicides; however, I live in Kansas, where the rolling fields are overrun with “Roundup-Ready” crops. If there was ever a part of our nation where glyphosate pollutes the water and unavoidably creeps through the air, it’s my prairie homeland.

The glyphosate test that I took part in was conducted by Moms Across America, and participants could choose to have either their urine, breast milk or home’s tap water tested. I chose urine, because I wanted to see how my organic diet and agriculture-heavy location factor together. About a week after I sent off my sample, I received a short email, “Your test results are <7.5 ppb.” To which I thought, “OK … Is that good?”

I went to the Moms Across America website to compare my results with others across the nation. It turns out that 7.5 ppb (parts per billion), is the lowest detectable limit that the test is capable of finding. Yes! I’m either at or below the lowest detection level! I congratulated myself for eating organic and patted myself on the back. I celebrated too early, though, because as I scrolled further down the page I discovered that 7.5 ppb is still way higher than anything deemed “OK” by the standards of many other countries. For example, in 2013, 182 urine samples from 18 European countries were tested for glyphosate levels, and the highest result was 1.8 ppb in Latvia (and they weren’t thrilled). My test results of <7.5 ppb could still potentially be about 6 times higher than anything found in the European study — and I’m lucky — a test respondent from Oregon had levels at 18.8 ppb.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other U.S.-based regulatory bodies have created rules for how much glyphosate is allowed in drinking water, and these rules are based on the assumption that the toxin isn’t bio-accumulative. Glyphosate is water soluble, so it’s been assumed that if you eat a peach with glyphosate on or in it, then within a few days your body will expel the toxin and everything is peachy keen. However, the Moms Across America testing found “high” glyphosate levels in three out of 10 breast milk samples submitted. This discovery questions the assumption that glyphosate is not bio-accumulative, and it points to the idea that this toxic chemical is indeed building up in our bodies faster than it can be expelled. We’re passing it along to our sensitive infants via breast milk (and even umbilical cords) before our children even have a chance to be exposed first-hand via pesticide drift, drinking water and non-organic foods.

According to the test’s summary, “The levels found in breast milk testing are 760 to 1,600 times higher than the European Drinking Water Directive allows for individual pesticides. They are, however, less than the 700 ug/l maximum contaminant level for glyphosate in the U.S.” It was after reading this conclusion that it hit home for me just how much glyphosate accumulation our government is willing to deem “safe,” despite the lack of long-term, peer-reviewed, unbiased studies.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what levels are supposed to be harmful? At the levels they list, that is virtually non-existent. You can find about everything at those levels in about everything. They are insignificant. Being "detectable" does not necessarily mean "harmful" levels.

I can't find a link but Moms Across America did retract their claims of glyphosate in breast milk- admitting the study was flawed. I actually saw it on their own website a while back but can't find it now.

Glyphosate is not fat soluble.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-26-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So what levels are supposed to be harmful? At the levels they list, that is virtually non-existent. You can find about everything at those levels in about everything. They are insignificant. Being "detectable" does not necessarily mean "harmful" levels.
    Again, you need to read the articles a little better, it states: "...I discovered that 7.5 ppb is still way higher than anything deemed “OK” by the standards of many other countries. For example, in 2013, 182 urine samples from 18 European countries were tested for glyphosate levels, and the highest result was 1.8 ppb in Latvia (and they weren’t thrilled). My test results of <7.5 ppb could still potentially be about 6 times higher than anything found in the European study — and I’m lucky — a test respondent from Oregon had levels at 18.8 ppb."

I can't find a link but Moms Across America did retract their claims of glyphosate in breast milk- admitting the study was flawed. I actually saw it on their own website a while back but can't find it now.
    So you cannot find Moms Across America retraction? Well that's because there is no retraction.

However there was the shady study done trying to make it look like MAA study was wrong.

Green nano-emulsion intervention for water-soluble glyphosate isopropylamine (IPA) formulations in controlling Eleusine indica (E. indica)

Glyphosate

Water soluble powder glyphosate formulation

Cheminova Glyphosate Soluble Concentrate Herbicide, PCP 26828
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Again- it shows levels found- not what levels are harmful. It lists no standards by any health agencies.

For example, in 2013, 182 urine samples from 18 European countries were tested for glyphosate levels, and the highest result was 1.8 ppb in Latvia (and they weren’t thrilled).
    "...I discovered that 7.5 ppb is still way higher than anything deemed “OK” by the standards of many other countries.
    His test results were (possibly- they could have been even lower since the measure was "below 7.5 ppb") were above those found in Latvia (the "standard" the author was trying to compare himself with) but again- it does not say what is harmful.

So you cannot find Moms Across America retraction? Well that's because there is no retraction.
    No- it means they don't want it found.

As for your links, they show WATER solubility- not FAT solubility.

Water soluble powder glyphosate formulation
    Less than ten parts per billion? That is basically non- existent.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-27-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Again- it shows levels found- not what levels are harmful. It lists no standards by any health agencies.

His test results were (possibly- they could have been even lower since the measure was "below 7.5 ppb") were above those found in Latvia (the "standard" the author was trying to compare himself with) but again- it does not say what is harmful.

No- it means they don't want it found.

As for your links, they show WATER solubility- not FAT solubility.

Less than ten parts per billion? That is basically non- existent.

Why is glyphosate even in peoples urine to begin with?

Agreed. I'd bet if I tested everyone here for cyanide, whale piss, and just about everything else that exists.... it would fall in the >7.5 ppb range
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    glyphosate: It's Got What Plants Crave. It's Got Electrolytes!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

At those levels- there are all kinds of scary things in your body and foods you eat. You can find everything. Even in organic foods. If your goal is to avoid every molecule of everything which might be bad for you you must do three things.

1) Don't eat anything. And I do mean anything.
    2) Don't drink anything. Yep- drink nothing.
    3) Don't breath any air. That is contaminated too.

However, if you do those things, you will be dead.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-27-2015 at 09:09 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wait until those home mass spectrometer kits become available to the general public, the nuts will really come unhinged!

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Wait until those home mass spectrometer kits become available to the general public, the nuts will really come unhinged!
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself like that.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself like that.

Don't be so hard on CPUd, he is funny...occasionally.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Vinegar is more toxic. These people are absolutely deranged.

International Agency for Research on Cancer’s Full Report on Glyphosate (Monsanto’s Roundup)
    Report gives reasons for conclusion that glyphosate is a “probable carcinogen”

By GMWatch
    Global Research, July 30, 2015

The full report of the World Health Organization’s cancer agency IARC, concluding that glyphosate is a “probable carcinogen”, has been published and is available for download:

http://monographs.iarc.fr/ENG/Monogr...mono112-02.pdf

It’s clearly written and provides a useful document in support of individuals and groups campaigning against glyphosate herbicide spraying.

Article notes that glyphosate is broken down by microbes in the soil.

Under "Cancer In Humans" it notes
    There is limited evidence in humans for the carcinogenicity of glyphosate.
    Cancers which have been noted have occurred after accidental exposure to large amounts of glyphosate (such as in persons who use large amounts like manufacturers or farmers). Increased risks were not seen at lower levels.

(was not able to copy- paste from the PDF).

Fast forward to 19 minutes.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Fast forward to 19 minutes.

Excellent video! Thanks for posting.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.