Thread: Cookies!

Cookies!

Here's a recipe from my Ma that's delicious but contains nothing really good for you....

Special K cookies

In a large sauce pan combine 1 cup white sugar, one cup light corn syrup and a healthy pinch of salt. Heat on low or medium stirring constantly until mixture turns clear. Add 1 cup (crunchy) peanut butter, stir until dissolved. Add 5 cups Special K cereal and mix gently trying to coat the flakes with goo not break them.

Quickly dump hot mixture onto a buttered cookie sheet (high sides) and press down to cover with buttered hands, be careful it's hot and sticky!

Topping;

Mix one bag of butterscotch chips and 1-1/2 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler until creamy, the nuke works but be careful of burning the chips!

Spread over cereal mixture and let cool..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Here's a recipe from my Ma that's delicious but contains nothing really good for you....

Special K cookies

In a large sauce pan combine 1 cup white sugar, one cup light corn syrup and a healthy pinch of salt. Heat on low or medium stirring constantly until mixture turns clear. Add 1 cup (crunchy) peanut butter, stir until dissolved. Add 5 cups Special K cereal and mix gently trying to coat the flakes with goo not break them.

Quickly dump hot mixture onto a buttered cookie sheet (high sides) and press down to cover with buttered hands, be careful it's hot and sticky!

Topping;

Mix one bag of butterscotch chips and 1-1/2 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler until creamy, the nuke works but be careful of burning the chips!

Spread over cereal mixture and let cool..
    Whadda ya mean its not good for you? Special K is diet cereal.
    Seriously, though, stuff like that is good for the soul.

They sound great. I bookmarked the recipe to add to my Christmas Cookie bake-a-thon. I'm always on the lookout for unique cookies. Thanks, mama evans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Sound's very yummy...bookmarked also for holidays. Thanks!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I just made a batch, they're kind of like cocaine, once you've had some you'll always crave more.....

I just made a batch, they're kind of like cocaine, once you've had some you'll always crave more.....

That's why this will be a holiday treat.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That's why this will be a holiday treat.
    Careful.......You too will find yourself getting up early to whip out a batch before anyone else is stirring...

Kocaine Kookies
    That's what I'll call them
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Come to the dark side of the Force!

(We have cookies. )"
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 07-26-2015 at 11:01 AM.

More cookie crack

Potato Chip Cookies

1C unsalted, grass fed Butter, softened
    1/2C cane Sugar
    1 1/2C Flour
    1/2C Potato Chips, crushed (not flavored)
    1/2C Chopped or slivered Nuts
    1 tsp Vanilla or butter extract
    1 Egg Yolk
    Powdered Sugar

Cream together butter and sugar in mixer. Remove bowl from mixer and add remaining ingredients (except powdered sugar) and mix together until well blended. the dough will be stiff. Preheat oven to 350°, drop cookie dough by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake on center rack 15mins. Cool on wire rack and while slightly warm dust liberally with powdered sugar.

you can also put bacon in these
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    More cookie crack

Potato Chip Cookies

1C unsalted, grass fed Butter, softened
    1/2C cane Sugar
    1 1/2C Flour
    1/2C Potato Chips, crushed (not flavored)
    1/2C Chopped or slivered Nuts
    1 tsp Vanilla or butter extract
    1 Egg Yolk
    Powdered Sugar

Cream together butter and sugar in mixer. Remove bowl from mixer and add remaining ingredients (except powdered sugar) and mix together until well blended. the dough will be stiff. Preheat oven to 350°, drop cookie dough by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake on center rack 15mins. Cool on wire rack and while slightly warm dust liberally with powdered sugar.

you can also put bacon in these
    I made these minus the nuts for my Coffee Shop and people would buy them like crazy. I couldn't keep them in stock.

I had a friend in Louisiana years ago that used potato sticks instead of chips.. and added a little hot sauce too.. Awesome munchie food
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I had a friend in Louisiana years ago that used potato sticks instead of chips.. and added a little hot sauce too.. Awesome munchie food
    Hmm...interesting.

ETA: I was going to say the potato chip cookies always tasted like Pecan Sandies to me.
    Last edited by donnay; 07-27-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Bumpin' this 'cause I'm making a triple batch to pass out for Christmas treats...

I made some sugar free peanut butter cookies. meh.

I made 3 batches of white chocolate chip, chocolate chip, and oatmeal craisin - I did it all with out even licking the spoon or my fingers.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, just a very small amount of budder left. Probably make some Grinch colored oatmeal kookies in the next coupla days.

If you ever want to be truly free, you need more veggies!

No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

^^^^^^^^Yuk! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ugh, no fat in the cookies?? Sugar + sugar + non-fat cereal..

They probably taste great, but damn, I like cookies with lots of butter, not just for taste but to reduce the amount of sugar you need to use to make it taste good.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I made some sugar free peanut butter cookies. meh.
    Moar butter, only use like half the sugar u would normally use, and add some stevia and they will probably be pretty good.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ugh, no fat in the cookies?? Sugar + sugar + non-fat cereal..

They probably taste great, but damn, I like cookies with lots of butter, not just for taste but to reduce the amount of sugar you need to use to make it taste good.
    These are more like candy bars than cookies but the recipe calls them cookies..

Fats are for baking and these never see the oven.......

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    ...I did it all with out even licking the spoon or my fingers.
    It sounds so utterly filthy when you say it.

Mr. Animal is a very lucky man.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I just made a batch, they're kind of like cocaine...
    Not that you'd know anything about stuff like that.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.