Thread: J.C. Watts, stumping for Rand Paul, talks criminal justice reform

J.C. Watts, stumping for Rand Paul, talks criminal justice reform

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When has idle talk ever kept "injustice departments" from screwing people over with these victimless crime laws that keep all these guys in jail forever?

I mean, I watched the video. What am I supposed to get out of it?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I mean, I watched the video. What am I supposed to get out of it?
    Nothing too serious or profound. Just that J.C. Watts is on the campaign trail for Rand, he was stumping in Iowa a few days ago. And he supports Rand's efforts on criminal justice reform. People supporting Rand for president might be interested to know.
    Last edited by jct74; 07-26-2015 at 05:20 AM.

Where has JC been? Why is this guy not on the nightly programs more often? Missed opportunity...

Well okay but, I think Obama has already beat Rand to the punch on this issue. Also it does not really look like Mr Watts is speaking to a crowd that is sympathetic to this cause....

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Well okay but, I think Obama has already beat Rand to the punch on this issue. Also it does not really look like Mr Watts is speaking to a crowd that is sympathetic to this cause....
    Uh, no he didn't. The media is now acting as if the criminal justice reform is all Obama, but it was Rand that's been pushing this for a long time now. He even took shots at Obama for avoiding the issue, but once Obama choose to start talking about it, it was as if Rand became an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Uh, no he didn't. The media is now acting as if the criminal justice reform is all Obama, but it was Rand that's been pushing this for a long time now. He even took shots at Obama for avoiding the issue, but once Obama choose to start talking about it, it was as if Rand became an afterthought.
    I know all of that but Obama is still taking all the credit for it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know all of that but Obama is still taking all the credit for it.
    That's not what beating someone to the punch means. Beating someone to the punch means you were on the issue first. Rand was clearly on the issue first.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's not what beating someone to the punch means. Beating someone to the punch means you were on the issue first. Rand was clearly on the issue first.
    Do you really think the liberal media is going to pander to Rand on this? I posted this at a liberal site and they find laughable and think Rand is insincere at best.

Do you really think the liberal media is going to pander to Rand on this? I posted this at a liberal site and they find laughable and think Rand is insincere at best.
    source;

That's still not what beating someone to the punch means.

And it's pretty easy to throw that back in the liberal's faces by demonstrating Rand on this position years ago while their herossiah Obama was silent. How was he insincere when he was the only one talking about an unpopular subject?

The reality is you aren't going to win serious liberals, they are stuck on the party train believing Dems are their only answer. Just like serious conservatives believe Reps are their only answer.

Think about how hard it would be to convince a Tea Partier to vote for a Democrat, regardless of their philosophy of platform, and then understand that getting a liberal progressive to vote for a Republican is the exact same, platform notwithstanding.

Watts should be on the short list for the VP slot.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Watts should be on the short list for the VP slot.
    I think J.C. is already Rand's pick for his VP slot.
    Rand Paul for Peace

How are his debating and public speaking skills? I don't know much about him.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    Very good in my opinion.
    "The Patriarch"

Public speaking? Excellent IMO, youtube it, he's done a lot of stumping with/for Rand.

Debating? No idea, never saw him debate, but the one skill usually follows the other.

Rand may have been first to this issue, but President Obama will get all the credit. That is because many, mostly on the left or in the center, do not trust Rand based on his perceived flip-flops on other issues that are important like Israel and Iran. Perceptions are reality in politics and I'm seeing a lot of people posting saying they don't trust Rand and think he'll flip flop once in office. Many think he'll do or say anything to get elected, just like the others. That was never a criticism of Ron because he always had the same message and was consistent.

Also it does not really look like Mr Watts is speaking to a crowd that is sympathetic to this cause....

How in the world can you deduce that? You mean because they are white, older, male?

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Rand may have been first to this issue, but President Obama will get all the credit. That is because many, mostly on the left or in the center, do not trust Rand based on his perceived flip-flops on other issues that are important like Israel and Iran. Perceptions are reality in politics and I'm seeing a lot of people posting saying they don't trust Rand and think he'll flip flop once in office. Many think he'll do or say anything to get elected, just like the others. That was never a criticism of Ron because he always had the same message and was consistent.
    I've seen very little criticism from the Left on those issues (the anti-war left has been dead since Bush left office & won't revive while Hillary's the nominee).

Might you be projecting? That is, you don't like Rand's positions on those issues, and you want to assume it will hurt him with others as well?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I've seen very little criticism from the Left on those issues (the anti-war left has been dead since Bush left office & won't revive while Hillary's the nominee).

Might you be projecting? That is, you don't like Rand's positions on those issues, and you want to assume it will hurt him with others as well?
    Aye, the primary reason Rand is getting falsely accused of being an unprincipled flip flopper is on account of former Ron Paul supporters who went and lost their ever lovin minds.

I also think he speaks well. The only negative people on twitter try to throw up on Rand's page is that that he supposedly is or has been a Payday Load lobbyist.

He was a big Gingrich supporter. That should say enough.
    [video]The Real Newt Gingrich:
    https://youtu.be/jWPz1Qdq1

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's still not what beating someone to the punch means.
    Ok let me put it this way Obama stole the ball and is about to score the point. I want Rand to win please don't take what i am saying the wrong way. I have done my little donation and I will vote for him in the primary. I still promote him every way I can.