Thread: Rand Paul in New Hampshire this weekend

Rand Paul in New Hampshire this weekend

Senator Rand Paul makes history in small N.H. town

By James Pindell
    JULY 26, 2015

WARREN, N.H. -- US Senator Rand Paul on Saturday became the first presidential candidate in recent history to visit this small town nestled in the White Mountain National Forest.

In a state that boasts a presidential candidate visit nearly every day since this spring, Warren gets little attention from White House hopefuls.

“This is a really big deal for Warren,” said Bob Giuda, the town’s moderator. “We often feel a bit ignored by the presidential campaign because we are a small town a bit out of the way, but his visit will have people talking for a while.”

This marked Paul’s second visit to the town, where the common has displayed a rocket since 1971. He campaigned there in 2007 for his father, former US representative Ron Paul of Texas, when he ran for president.

The Kentuckian spent Saturday campaigning in northern New Hampshire for his own presidential aspirations. He also held town hall meetings in West Lebanon and Littleton, visited the North Haverhill town fair, and was scheduled to attend an evening event Saturday night in Tilton.

On Sunday he will host a meet-and-greet at a Windham diner.

read more:
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l#skip-target1

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by jct74; 07-26-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Wow, wasn't it in Northern NH where Pat Buchannan got most of his support when he beat Dole in 96? I know the majority of people are in the southern part of the state, but in a crowded field those folks could really make a difference if he can get up there and really rake in the support. Hopefully as the season draws closer he'll start hitting on gun rights. I know in Northern NH there really big on their guns.

Judging by the new NBC poll, Rand is going to have to live in NH to get his numbers up. A visit every once in a while on the weekend isn't going to cut it.

Wow, wasn't it in Northern NH where Pat Buchannan got most of his support when he beat Dole in 96? I know the majority of people are in the southern part of the state, but in a crowded field those folks could really make a difference if he can get up there and really rake in the support
    I think northern NH is where you will find the home schoolers and orangic gardeners. Isn't that the area Ron carried?

Yes, Rand will do better in northern NH. Southern NH is mostly massholes.

I have to pay more attention. I didn't even realize Rand was in NH. I want to drive over and see him when he is there.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I think northern NH is where you will find the home schoolers and orangic gardeners. Isn't that the area Ron carried?

Ron carried far northern NH (Coos County) but a lot of that had to do with his strong opposition to Northern Pass. Rand doesn't have that going for him.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Ron carried far northern NH (Coos County) but a lot of that had to do with his strong opposition to Northern Pass. Rand doesn't have that going for him.
    Why wouldn't he? Is rand not supportive of homeschooling? Rand will be targeting past supporters. Who voted for Ron that wasn't "IN" the liberty movement. There is no other candidate that is "IN" the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Why wouldn't he? Is rand not supportive of homeschooling? Rand will be targeting past supporters. Who voted for Ron that wasn't "IN" the liberty movement. There is no other candidate that is "IN" the movement.
    I've haven't seen Rand make any major statements on Northern Pass. He also hasn't had a newspaper add or newspaper endorsements related to such an announcement. On the other hand, Sen. Graham is trying to get votes in the North Country by taking a popular position against Northern Pass.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Sen. Rand Paul meets crowd MaryAnn's Diner in Windham
    Paul says "we ought to scrap the entire tax code"

Jul 26, 2015

WINDHAM, N.H. —Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul spent the weekend in the Granite State.

The GOP hopeful visited five counties, ending his swing through the state at MaryAnn’s diner in Windham.

A group of people were lined up to talk with Paul, and many of them had concerns to talk about.

“The United States needs Rand -- a good man like him. I know I do as a small-businessman -- I need every edge that I can get,” said Brian Demyanovich, who owns Your Pool Pal LLC in Auburn.

Demyanovich said he came looking to speak with Paul, but also to donate to his campaign.

“He needs some support. And if everyone gives a little bit, we might be able to get him all the way to the White House,” said Demyanovich.

read more:
    http://www.wmur.com/politics/sen-ran...ndham/34366668