View Poll Results: If Trump runs as an independent, should Ron do so as well?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 58.33%
  • No

10 41.67%

Thread: If Trump goes independent, should Ron Paul do so as well?

If Trump goes independent, should Ron Paul do so as well?

I'm supporting Rand 100%, but if he doesn't win the nomination and Trump decides to run as an independent (I would not doubt it based on his ego) I would like to see Ron Paul jump in the race.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm always for Ron jumping into the race...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I'm always for Ron jumping into the race...
    Me too, but the consequences would be infamous Hillary Clinton.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

tis a curiously bold scenario

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Well if it does result in Hillary winning, it would put pressure on GOP leaders to not cheat legitimate candidates out of a chance to win the nomination. At present, no such pressure exists---no pain or bad outcome is associated with the party foisting one ineffectual moderate after another on primary voters as the "electable" one, while blacking out real alternatives. A Trump or Paul 3rd party run would signal to the leaders there will be consequences to vote rigging, or other dirty tricks used to keep them from winning.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

If that establishment hack makes an independent run, it'll be because Rand Paul won the GOP nomination. So, no. Of course he shouldn't run independent after winning the GOP nomination. What a stupid question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If that establishment hack makes an independent run, it'll be because Rand Paul won the GOP nomination. So, no. Of course he shouldn't run independent after winning the GOP nomination. What a stupid question.
    This is about Ron, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    This is about Ron, though.
    No, of course he shouldn't run as an independent after his son wins the GOP nomination.

How is it any less a stupid question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No, of course he shouldn't run as an independent after his son wins the GOP nomination.

How is it any less a stupid question?
    Well, I don't think Ron would ever run again.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I'm afraid that TPTB have already decided that is going to be the outcome. I hope I'm wrong...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Why are people so uncontent to let the man enjoy his well deserved retirement?

If the goal is to so alienate Republicans as to make it impossible for libertarians to run in future Republican primaries, then yes, Ron should run.

Otherwise, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Well, I don't think Ron would ever run again. And of course he wouldn't run against Rand. But as far as what we would like him to do, I don't see how Trump should affect it. That's the only weird thing about the poll to me. If I want Ron in I want him in regardless of Trump.

I don't think Rand is so much a mainstream GOPer, but he may be a Democrat operative. If so, he would likely run independent regardless of who wins the GOP nomination.

You meant Trump, no?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

You meant Trump, no?
    Of course, that's what my comment says. It always said that, right?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I'm supporting Rand 100%, but if he doesn't win the nomination and Trump decides to run as an independent (I would not doubt it based on his ego) I would like to see Ron Paul jump in the race.
    Say Rand wins the nomination or does not, the Dems will be hoping someone runs Independ. or Libert. that can pull more than 1 % or even up to 3 % , that ensures Dem victory. Think of all the states that are not in play and are Dem locks ...... leaves about zero margin for error.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Republican party has proven they are just Democrats a little behind the curve. It's time for a new message out there.

There are not a lot of things to like about Trump, but he sure doesn't back down from a fight with the media. I wish other candidates would step up to the plate and take a swing. I'm solidly behind Rand, but he has got to stop sounding so carefully scripted. Ron speaks from his heart and his words have a lot of flow. Rand needs to do more. He's walking all around the edges and picking up fringe votes and that's great, but there is a huge base out there that doesn't feel heard and hasn't had a candidate speak to where they are.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Ron is never coming back to electoral politics and I am happy for him, it was probably very stressful.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Ron is never coming back to electoral politics and I am happy for him, it was probably very stressful.
    More stressful than seeing the country collapse into martial law tyranny if he doesn't? If Rand has to quit the GOP campaign by the spring of 2016 because he isn't winning anything (likely vote rigged out of winning), do you want the pro-liberty forces to be stranded for yet a third time in three election cycles, with no place to go? Will you support in that case whomever the LP or CP candidate is, since we will have struck out trying the Republican route? If the answer to those questions is no, there would be really no other reasonable option than for Ron or Rand to run third party.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

after this lil ole perfectly lousy but wondrously brilliant poll up above, should i do a BIDEN/CLINTON verses PAUL/TRUMP poll
    or just bump once again my perfectly astute BARR/WRIGHT poll form a few years back? i am sore torn, given our landscape!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ith-REV-WRIGHT! "rather than far right, let's be barr right!" letz counter rick santorum

There are five declared Independents, but they'd all need to try and get on one state's ballot.

The guy that run in the 1980 election he did well with over four million votes.

What dirty tricks would be done in one state to prevent an Independent from getting on the ballot?

I wish it could happen but I know it won't and Ron deserves his rest.

Let Dr. Paul rest, for Pete's sake. He's done enough, we can't keep going back to him if this "movement" is to continue on.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

As opposed to what?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.