Thread: The Fallacy Of Government Protectors and Saviors

The Fallacy Of Government Protectors and Saviors

This is more of a rant than anything, I suppose. But I see this again and again, and it never ceases to irritate me.

What is this transgression against the common good, you may ask? Here's an example, in which a 4 year old child wandered away from his grandparents' lake house, and sadly, will never becoming home. Of course, these things happen, but here's what destroys me:

Passers-by reported the wandering child to police, but by the time they arrived he had already gone
    So people saw a toddler wandering alone around a lakefront community, and then went inside and called the police instead of asking him where his Mommy was? Probably afraid of being branded a pedophile.

Is this what we have become?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This is more of a rant than anything, I suppose. But I see this again and again, and it never ceases to irritate me.

What is this transgression against the common good, you may ask? Here's an example, in which a 4 year old child wandered away from his grandparents' lake house, and sadly, will never becoming home. Of course, these things happen, but here's what destroys me:

So people saw a toddler wandering alone around a lakefront community, and then went inside and called the police instead of asking him where his Mommy was? Probably afraid of being branded a pedophile.

Is this what we have become?
    Yes. For the most part.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Yes. For the most part.
    Strangers do not communicate face to face anymore. You always need an intermediary. Very often the police is assuming this role.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Strangers do not communicate face to face anymore. You always need an intermediary. Very often the police is assuming this role.
    *The Fallacy Of Government Protectors and Saviors
    Hence the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.