Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump: "All freedoms flow from national security"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I have zero, zero, worry that uluating jihadists are reading my email, monitoring my phone calls, tracking my movements, setting up road blocks, running check points or going to SWAT me at oh dark thirty and kill my dogs, terrorize my family and drag me off to prison.
    This is what it comes down to. His source for freedom is our current source for tyranny.

I will keep my right to bear arms.

YOU (Trump, MIC, Police state, etc.) leave me alone! I don't need you!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The reason conservatives support a strong and well-funded military is because they know that all freedoms flow from national security.

Source: Time to Get Tough, by Donald Trump, p. 90-91 , Dec 5, 2011

That statement could be true or false depending on how you are interpreting it. I imagine you are looking at that from the standpoint of our current interventionist FP and the govt spying and what not here at home - which certainly does not give us freedom.

However, to suggest you can have freedom without being able to forcefully defend it from people who would take it from you is false, so if Trump is saying we need a national defense and a border, then I agree with him completely.

Loathe is a strong word.

I see a lot of people getting starry - eyed because Trump shouted some bellicose words at people.

I think it is misplaced affection, just like those that thought the same thing about Dennis Kucinich or Bernie Sanders on the left, just because they may say the right thing, usually for the wrong reason, does not mean they are worthy of political support.

And the thing is: I happen to agree with Trump on trade issues, as those who know me, know.

But in the end I think he is just another NYC authoritarian, pressed from the same mold as Doomberg and Ghouliani, who I do loathe.
    I would say you are making more of people's "starry-eyes" than what is really there, I am fully aware of who Trump is, I don't like him, I don't think he'd be a good President, I don't think he shares my views, I do however like that he is breaking the mold and not backing down, I am so sick of seeing people say something that is factual but then when a few tweeters say that they are offended the person rolls right over.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    When this clown goes down, and he will, everything he was throwing out will be discredited as well. Anybody mentioning how biased the media is will be likened to him and declared insane instantly. Everything he talks about becomes a taboo subject. A brilliant way to quash dissent.
    So....in other words, exactly how it was before he came along. What have we lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Do you agree or disagree with this quote:
    Seems everyone is inserting things into that comment that aren't there. You can have a military without having standing armies, you can have a navy and air force and not send them all over the world. These arguments are kind of akin to the liberals stance against guns, as tho the guns themselves are responsible for the violence. A military can be used for defense or aggression, it is up to the people of that society.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Exactly. That's what most people attacking you don't understand, that wanting disruption doesn't mean you love Trump.

They seem to have a binary mindset:

1. You loathe him
    2. You love him

Nothing in between and no other thought is possible. What weirdos.
    I agree, my eyes are wide open about the man, I don't how anyone else is any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Yes, I'm saying that. Standing armies are anathema to freedom. The American military is the engine for global nation building and terror around the world. It's evil, not good. It will be used and is being used to tyrannize Americans.
    Again, I don't see many here advocating standing armies, I certainly don't, but FTR most the damage the military does is not done by ground troops.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I love Trump? More like I love what Trump can bring to the table, which is two party system chaos. He's extremely vote-worthy for that premise alone. Break the wheel. Vote for Trump, even if he can't win.
    Amen to that, any break from the usual would be a start, it would at least signal that Americans have broken out of this Dem/Rep trance (and yes people, I know Trump is running as a Rep, but he's definitely not a team player)
    Last edited by HankRicther12; 07-26-2015 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Someone who says freedom comes from national security is not vote-worthy in my opinion, and he won't have mine.
    So you're against national security and for national insecurity. What an odd position. Do you think that is an electable position for Rand to take as well?
    I think you should go back and read exactly what I said -- what you responded to -- again.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Well,...the libertarians have no candidate in the upcoming presidential election, so I'll vote for someone whom isn't afraid to build a relationship with Putin and improve the deals that America has been getting with foreign trade.

It also doesn't bother me that Trump makes the media and his opponents afraid to challenge him.

Or,...the RNC can send us yet another advocate for Israel and multiculturalism and the group of people who support Trump will stay home and we'll get Hillary.

Republicans quit voting for RNC approved $#@!heads a few years ago.

The RNC doesn't care, however, because Hillary is on the neocon team just like the RNC is.
    So why, exactly, are you hanging out on a series of forums designed explicitly and exclusively for the election of Rand Paul if you have no interest in electing Rand Paul?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This forum isn't about Rand Paul. This is the 2016 Presidential election forum.

Also, when I joined this forum in 2007 it was all about Ron Paul.

Any other questions?

This forum isn't about Rand Paul. This is the 2016 Presidential election forum.

Also, when I joined this forum in 2007 it was all about Ron Paul.

Any other questions?
    I see Rand Paul's photo at the top of the forums. If you hate Rand Paul, then you shouldn't be here. There are plenty of other forums on this domain that are not dedicated to electing Rand Paul. If you are incapable of limiting yourself to the Ron Paul forums, then this group may suit your interests better:

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/donald-trump

So you've self appointed yourself to control the message on here, eh?

Maybe you'd feel more at home on one of the sites controlled by SJW's. They may even make you a moderator there.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    If you hate Rand Paul, then you shouldn't be here.
    I'm curious about how you got that he hates Rand Paul from what he posted?

Rule #1: All SJW's lie.

Gunny just keeps adding name after name to the list of posters he lies about, then he complains other people don't apologize for who knows what they did.

He himself said that there is nobody for a libertarian to vote for. Therefore he does not support Rand Paul. Nevertheless he is posting on Rand Paul Forums. Why would someone who does not support Rand Paul be posting in Rand Paul forums? Why would someone go on to Rand Paul Forums to promote a different candidate unless he explicitly wanted Rand Paul to lose?

I say what I want to say.

I don't owe you an explanation for it.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He himself said that there is nobody for a libertarian to vote for. Therefore he does not support Rand Paul. Nevertheless he is posting on Rand Paul Forums. Why would someone who does not support Rand Paul be posting in Rand Paul forums? Why would someone go on to Rand Paul Forums to promote a different candidate unless he explicitly wanted Rand Paul to lose?
    The question I asked is how you got that he hates Rand Paul.

Gunny just keeps adding name after name to the list of posters he lies about, then he complains other people don't apologize for who knows what they did.
    I'm the one telling the truth. Funny, you didn't blink an eye when he called me a social justice warrior. It's not a lie when you don't like it but truth when you do like it. I am one of the few people left on these forums who still retains my principles intact. You hate me because I will not become an unprincipled scumbag.

If you're not a SJW, stop behaving like one.

You hate me
    lol, no, I don't. Let me teach you something: Smitty disagreeing with Rand doesn't mean he hates Rand. I disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you. Not worth the energy!

The question I asked is how you got that he hates Rand Paul.
    And I answered you. You may not like the answer, on account of the fact that it is logical and well-reasoned, given that you work from emotionalism and superficial nonsense, nevertheless I answered you, despite your horrible attitude and your history of lying about my positions, motivations, and state of mind, and your history of calling me stupid.

If if you are not here to support Rand Paul, then you do not belong in Rand Paul's forums. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

If you're not a SJW, stop behaving like one.
    Point to one thing I've ever said in the 8 years I've been on this forum that is even remotely similar to a social justice warrior.

lol, no, I don't. Let me teach you something: Smitty disagreeing with Rand doesn't mean he hates Rand. I disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you. Not worth the energy!
    You are not bright enough and too irrational to 'teach' anything. If someone is going onto Rand Paul Forums to oppose Rand Paul and promote another candidate it's because they to not want that person elected. You clearly cannot grasp that concept. Perhaps the next time you go to call me stupid you should look in a mirror first.

You are not bright enough and too irrational to 'teach' anything. If someone is going onto Rand Paul Forums to oppose Rand Paul and promote another candidate it's because they to not want that person elected. You clearly cannot grasp that concept. Perhaps the next time you go to call me stupid you should look in a mirror first.
    Yeah, not the topic of what I asked you about.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, not the topic of what I asked you about.
    You can't handle subtlety either, apparently. Again, you should probably think twice before calling anybody you disagree with 'stupid.' It's kinda like Chris Burke calling James Wood a moron because he doesn't like the same flavor of Popsicle.

You can't handle subtlety either, apparently. Again, you should probably think twice before calling anybody you disagree with 'stupid.' It's kinda like Chris Burke calling James Wood a moron because he doesn't like the same flavor of Popsicle.
    Who knew a few mentions of the word 'Trump' could get Gunny screaming like a baby.

Point to one thing I've ever said in the 8 years I've been on this forum that is even remotely similar to a social justice warrior.
    Calling those who disagree with you a "hater" is a classic strategy of the SJW's.

Calling those who disagree with you a "hater" is a classic strategy of the SJW's.
    I disagree with people vehemently every single day without identifying them as a hater. You, on the other hand, have come into Rand Paul's forums, declared that he does not have your support, and promoted a different candidate. If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck...

Who knew a few mentions of the word 'Trump' could get Gunny screaming like a baby.
    Trump is everything that the Ron Paul movement used to hate. People promoting Trump demonstrates that the Ron Paul movement has died on account of people abandoning the principles that brought us together. For those of us who have dedicated the last 8 years of our lives, in blood sweat and tears, watching superficial thoughtless unprincipled people destroying the Ron Paul movement it should be obvious why it pisses people off.

Don't let em bother ya Gunny, those pumpkins show up every four years and then go dormant for another four years.

Trump is everything that the Ron Paul movement used to hate. People promoting Trump demonstrates that the Ron Paul movement has died on account of people abandoning the principles that brought us together. For those of us who have dedicated the last 8 years of our lives, in blood sweat and tears, watching superficial thoughtless unprincipled people destroying the Ron Paul movement it should be obvious why it pisses people off.
    If you're going to scream at people who say positive things about others, Trump included, you're going to lose a lot of people, who might have adopted your position later if you just kept civility. I'm not the only one involved here, you have randomly and falsely attacked more people, with just about no provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Don't let em bother ya Gunny, those pumpkins show up every four years and then go dormant for another four years.
    Agreed. We know your caliber.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SJW should definitely win the most overused phrase of 2015. Its a go-to-insult to fling at anyone who disagrees with them. If it was left to me, I will ban every single one of you Trump donkeys. Its one thing to support a liberty type candidate like Gary Johnson and such over Rand but its a whole new thing to support an authoritarian type just because of his ridiculous immigration stance.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    SJW should definitely win the most overused phrase of 2015. Its a go-to-insult to fling at anyone who disagrees with them. If it was left to me, I will ban every single one of you Trump donkeys. Its one thing to support a liberty type candidate like Gary Johnson and such over Rand but its a whole new thing to support an authoritarian type just because of his ridiculous immigration stance.
    oh, wow. I'm so hurt by your opinion.

Also, I guess you would ban about 3 in every 10 members, according to the poll of favorite presidential candidates, and lose all those people when Trump could possibly drop in week or so. You sound like a levelheaded decision maker.

Many people, myself included, do not prefer just Trump over others, I actually prefer Rand, Cruz, and Trump over others.
    Last edited by jj-; 07-26-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast