Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: "All freedoms flow from national security"

Exclamation Trump: "All freedoms flow from national security"

The reason conservatives support a strong and well-funded military is because they know that all freedoms flow from national security.

Source: Time to Get Tough, by Donald Trump, p. 90-91 , Dec 5, 2011
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The reason conservatives support a strong and well-funded military is because they know that all freedoms flow from national security.

Economic rewards from pillaged resources have also created part of the world that hates us.

All that really has little to do with freedom. Under the conditions resulting for conquest, maybe, but will we make that perpetual?

Stupid people use violence that destroys resources and makes enemies. Smart people are so valuable to the rest of the world they are all about cooperating with you.

But Trump might be the lessor of evils today.

Jan2017

Same as right out of Rudy Giuliani's playbook as well . . . paraphrased as "Freedom is about authority."

Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.
    http://reason.com/blog/2007/08/15/fr...bout-authority

Trump's an I.D.10.T.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Same as right out of Rudy Giuliani's playbook as well . . . paraphrased as "Freedom is about authority."

Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.
    http://reason.com/blog/2007/08/15/fr...bout-authority
    Yup, I thought that exact same thing when I saw it.

All freedoms flow from National Security, hallowed be Thy name
    Thy tryanny come, Thy will be done, in 'Merica as it was in Orwell
    Give us this day our daily surveillance, and forgive us our thought-crimes
    As we snitch on those who thought-crime against Thee
    And lead us not into liberty, but deliver us from scary "terrorists"
    For Thine is the State, and the power, and the panopticon, for ever and ever, amen
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

"Flow"

What, is freedom now a liquid?

National Security is just a code name for government security.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

We get it. You loathe Trump. Too bad no one is the room will get within a stone's throw to the presidency. At best, the system breaks down.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-25-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    "Flow"

What, is freedom now a liquid?
    A liquid to be dammed (or damned) at their whim.

Well, at least we know that he has no idea where rights come from.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    We get it. You loathe Trump. Too bad no one is the room will get within a stone's throw to the presidency. At best, the system breaks down.
    Nothing posted is news to me. I criticized Trump's attempt to use eminent domain when it was news. It's funny that posting all these articles is just about a waste of time, because people don't support Trump because they expect a perfect candidate, but to disrupt the establishment and to at least get a centrist after having a hardcore Marxist leftist, and they don't trust the Republicans to deliver. Unfortunately they don't trust Rand either because they're at a point they don't trust any Republican politician in office, period. They don't follow the news like we do to know that some are different.

I'm pretty certain he's stating that the exercise of freedom is predicated upon physical security. So if you have a rampaging army terrorizing your streets, you're probably not going to maximize your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Nothing posted is news to me. I criticized Trump's attempt to use eminent domain when it was news. It's funny that posting all these articles is just about a waste of time, because people don't support Trump because they expect a perfect candidate, but to disrupt the establishment and to at least get a centrist after having a hardcore Marxist leftist, and they don't trust the Republicans to deliver. Unfortunately they don't trust Rand either because they're at a point they don't trust any Republican politician in office, period. They don't follow the news like we do to know that some are different.
    Number one, it's highly unlikely Trump gets the presidency since these things are decided behind the scenes. Though there is a chance he could wrangle away the Republican primary, based off pure charisma. Number two, voting for someone does not mean that you necessarily endorse them. Thirdly, voting is deciding things after the fact, which ties into point #1. So this nonsense that you or I are abetting evil is complete nonsense, when the entire process is inherently unfair and evil to begin with.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-25-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    For Thine is the State, and the power, and the panopticon, for ever and ever, amen
    ROFLMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    That was great. +rep

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Loathe is a strong word.

I see a lot of people getting starry - eyed because Trump shouted some bellicose words at people.

I think it is misplaced affection, just like those that thought the same thing about Dennis Kucinich or Bernie Sanders on the left, just because they may say the right thing, usually for the wrong reason, does not mean they are worthy of political support.

And the thing is: I happen to agree with Trump on trade issues, as those who know me, know.

But in the end I think he is just another NYC authoritarian, pressed from the same mold as Doomberg and Ghouliani, who I do loathe.

I think what Trump is doing is funny, but overall it's not helpful. I don't want him anywhere near the presidency. He's just as dangerous as any of the other candidates.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I'm pretty certain he's stating that the exercise of freedom is predicated upon physical security. So if you have a rampaging army terrorizing your streets, you're probably not going to maximize your freedom.
    Especially when it's your own country's government's army.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Loathe is a strong word.

I see a lot of people getting starry - eyed because Trump shouted some bellicose words at people.

I think it is misplaced affection, just like those that thought the same thing about Dennis Kucinich or Bernie Sanders on the left, just because they may say the right thing, usually for the wrong reason, does not mean they are worthy of political support.

And the thing is: I happen to agree with Trump on trade issues, as those who know me, know.

But in the end I think he is just another NYC authoritarian, pressed from the same mold as Doomberg and Ghouliani, who I do loathe.
    This. I don't really GAF about Trump, but seeing people whom I have formerly thought of as being principled glomming on to this clown, that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    This. I don't really GAF about Trump, but seeing people whom I have formerly thought of as being principled glomming on to this clown, that bothers me.
    When this clown goes down, and he will, everything he was throwing out will be discredited as well. Anybody mentioning how biased the media is will be likened to him and declared insane instantly. Everything he talks about becomes a taboo subject. A brilliant way to quash dissent.

The following "predicates" for the exercise of "freedom" were brought to you by the American "security" state (whence "all freedoms flow" ) ...

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    When this clown goes down, and he will, everything he was throwing out will be discredited as well. Anybody mentioning how biased the media is will be likened to him and declared insane instantly. Everything he talks about becomes a taboo subject. A brilliant way to quash dissent.
    I agree totally.
    "The Patriarch"

is this much different from Tom Cotton, Joni Earnest, Lindsey Graham, Peter King, even Walker and Rubio? Rand can't beat Trump on either immigration or Israel or national security (among the sheep who vote in Iowa) find other issues: forced National service (could Trump be goaded into supporting it?) copyright reform/internet privacy (Rand led the the fight against SOPA) Rand is smarter, a better debater but he needs to be more aggressive.
    but keep Trump in the debates, keep it on the issues, and stop being thin skinned (Rand won't go on O'Reilly because its a tough interview)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And we get it...you love him.

What you don't get is we loathe the idea of him....freedom from national security? What part of that sounds like liberty to you?

Wow. $#@! that guy.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Is this intended to imply that Trump is advocating a militarized police state?

It should be obvious that liberty and the security to live (express) that liberty go hand in hand.

Should we imply from this that Rand and Ron are against a strong military and are, therefore, against national security? Have either of them said such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post

It should be obvious that liberty and the security to live (express) that liberty go hand in hand.

Should we imply from this that Rand and Ron are against a strong military and are, therefore, against national security? Have either of them said such a thing?
    Many of our founders were against standing armies. This is one of the reasons for the 2nd Amendment. An armed citizenry negates the need for an overpowering police state.

Liberals have lost their way. Instead of trying to disarm tyrants and governments, they want to disarm people.

Conservatives have become suicidal. On one hand they claim the 2nd Amendment is to fight tyranny. On the other hand they arm the machinery of tyranny to the teeth.

With the 2nd Amendment we needn't have mothers and father stationed far from home and family in 130+ plus countries getting scarred physically, mentally and spiritually. They should be at home raising their families, starting businesses, going to college, etc. The "assault rifles" should be well oiled in their closets, otherwise gathering dust.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Is this intended to imply that Trump is advocating a militarized police state?

Where does "security" come from? The military?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Many of our founders were against standing armies. This is one of the reasons for the 2nd Amendment. An armed citizenry negates the need for an overpowering police state.

Liberals have lost their way. Instead of trying to disarm tyrants and governments, they want to disarm people.

Conservatives have become suicidal. On one hand they claim the 2nd Amendment is to fight tyranny. On the other hand they arm the machinery of tyranny to the teeth.

With the 2nd Amendment we needn't have mothers and father stationed far from home and family in 130+ plus countries getting scarred physically, mentally and spiritually. They should be at home raising their families, starting businesses, going to college, etc. The "assault rifles" should be well oiled in their closets, otherwise gathering dust.
    How do you infer from the OP's Trump quote that Trump is advocating a standing domestic army -- militarized police state?

Are you advocating doing away with our army, air force and navy? Are you advocating doing away with the Pentagon, DoD, National Guard and Coast Guard?

Is Rand advocating these things? Did Ron advocate these things?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast