Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand 8% Trump 18% on Fox Poll 7/25 -Santorum/Kasich tie for debate 10th spot

This is confusing in that on Fox this morning, Wallace said Rand was in 7th place...but I think that was the RCP average. I wonder what they will be using?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    How the hell Bush is at 14% sickens me.
    And probably only going up from here when he and his superPACs start spending all those hundreds of millions

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think people need to ease off the Ron comparisons a little bit...The field is MUCH, MUCH stronger this year. If not by ideology, definitely by resume. Many governors, senators, etc. Trump will likely end up as this year's Herman Cain, but other than that there aren't many other similarities. Also we're many months away from anything meaningful. Rand like his dad should be able to distinguish himself in the debates more than the others who will be mostly in lockstep.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Donald trump only cares about white people. The whole world knows this, but Real Americans™ are showing their cognitive dissonance. The whole world is laughing at us right now.
    The "whole world" protects gun rights even less than Americans. Why should anyone give a damn about what they think?

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    The "whole world" protects gun rights even less than Americans. Why should anyone give a damn about what they think?
    Don't be that American centric; even the States have a hordenous record of protecting gun rights.

The "whole world" includes the United States of America. The only ones who can't see them laughing are the Real Americans™

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    even the States have a hordenous record of protecting gun rights.
    That doesn't contradict my post.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Isn't this about where Ron was last time? That's not very comforting.
    I'm not the type who wants to project false hope, but the playing field is completely different. Then there's also no incumbent president. So I wouldn't draw too many parallels.

That doesn't contradict my post.
    Are you sure

Who are these people supporting Bush? It is mind blowing. I was thinking maybe rigged but he is also #2 in today's New Hampshire NBC/Marist poll and way ahead #1 in Friday's Mason-Dixon Florida poll.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-26-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Who are these people supporting Bush? It is mind blowing. I was thinking maybe rigged but he is also #1 in today's New Hampshire NBC/Marist poll and way ahead #1 in Friday's Mason-Dixon Florida poll.
    It's evidence about the level of intelligence of the average voter.

Donald Trump talks about at the 7th grade level, he might have hit the sweet spot on how you can talk to voters.

Obama won talking at the level of 1st graders when they're distracted, so I see Trump's success as improvement. But the Bush voters are even worse than the average voter, they're mind $#@!ed zombies and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Thanks - on Windows 7 without any admin privileges on campus, the PrtScr key is disabled or something and I can not do much about it.
    Took a snapshot on my own tablet though.

MOE - margin of error is about predicting the total population - more samples (sample size) the less of an error in predicting the larger population
    that you are trying to understand - if sample size was 1,000 the margin of error here would be a little less
    Windows 7 / Start / All Programs / Accessories / Snipping Tool

You'll like it.

Jan2017

without any admin privileges
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Windows 7 / Start / All Programs / Accessories / Snipping Tool

You'll like it.
    Not a typical setup tho - no administrative privileges - no Start button even - no All Programs and no Snipping Tool either -

Hundreds of software possibilities though, organized in Standard and Department Files - so no complaints
    (Photoshop, Dreamweaver and AutoCAD, AutoDesk Civil and Architectural and Solidworks (an autocad) -
    only on an older campus computer do I get to boot up what I want (Linux) and do everything typical but not open on weekends either.

But thanks.

Back to the posted poll, again I believe this could be one of the five used by Fox to compute their average - but they don't tell
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-27-2015 at 12:29 PM.

People will probably flock to the "electable" candidate if Trump were to implode

Rand should of positioned himself as a guy who could appeal to young people, independents, and liberals while still maintaining his principles.Trying to appeal to Fox News ruins any outside appeal he might have, why would you want to embrace the toxic Republican brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I've read that he's actually aiding Cruz since he hasn't outright attacked him yet, and will probably throw his endorsement his way when he drops. But, that could always change.
    I seriously doubt that; since Trump has already come out and said Cruz has "hurdles" to overcome regarding his lack of eligibility to run for President.
    RVO˩UTION

Trump's implosion might bring about a big change in tone.

...the sobering up after the party.

"Serious" candidates might be more in vogue, relative the clownish rabble-rousers.

I wonder how the margin of error is only 4.5% with only 389 people
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by dillo View Post
    I wonder how the margin of error is only 4.5% with only 389 people
    sample size of 389 describing a population size of x at a level of confidence ab% could come up with a margin of error of 4.5% -
    anybuddy want to play with those numbers while I microwave dinner ? population Fox using is what - all voters in the USA - a national polling right ?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

I am gonna have to change alot of my post . . . I am trying to do this intuitively.
    A large sampling fraction has the effect of narrowing the margin of error.

If the sample size becomes big enough - enough to be a "census" - then margin of error becomes moot (N=n)
    (sample size = population size) margin of error is zero.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-28-2015 at 05:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12