Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand 8% Trump 18% on Fox Poll 7/25 -Santorum/Kasich tie for debate 10th spot

Jan2017

Rand 8% Trump 18% on Fox Poll 7/25 -Santorum/Kasich tie for debate 10th spot

This was on a Fox video dated on Saturday 7/25/2015 talking to Pataki about not making the cut - that'll be 11 on stage if this holds.
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/437460949...#sp=show-clips
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-25-2015 at 07:28 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Within the margin of error, not bad.

Wait, I'm confused...

Is this the most recent poll, or the running average up to now?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Wait, I'm confused...

Is this the most recent poll, or the running average up to now?
    The polling was done on 07/13-07/15 . . . I am guessing this will be one of the five used by Fox for the average.
    Video was shown today 07/25
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-25-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    yups!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    The polling was done on 07/13-07/15 . . . I am guessing this will be one of the five used by Fox for the average.
    Video was shown today 07/25
    Ah, gotcha, didn't see that in the photo.

Trump is going up in flames. The only question is, once it happens, who will his supporters go to? I predict whoever speaks the most strongly second to Trump will get them

How the hell Bush is at 14% sickens me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Trump is going up in flames. The only question is, once it happens, who will his supporters go to? I predict whoever speaks the most strongly second to Trump will get them
    I've read that he's actually aiding Cruz since he hasn't outright attacked him yet, and will probably throw his endorsement his way when he drops. But, that could always change.

Trump is not seriously running, in my opinion. This is helping him solidify his brand. Tell me why a multi-billionaire, who can already influence and affect change more than the average citizen, needs to have the White House? Answer: they don't. He'll drop at the end, regardless. It's a circus, the whole thing.

My question is: how the hell is Bush polling that high? Rather, who is voting in these polls?

The American people are so f*cking stupid to have another Bush AND Clinton polling anywhere above 1%. We deserve our doom.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I feel that is correct. Strong words on topics chosen wisely.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Never really understood the margin of error. If you asked 1,000 people who would they pick from those 16 candidates, you would get 1,000 answers - the margin of error should be zero, right?

OP if you're on Windows 8 you can take a screenshot by holding down the windows button nd print screen button at the same time.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post

Trump is not seriously running, in my opinion. This is helping him solidify his brand. Tell me why a multi-billionaire, who can already influence and affect change more than the average citizen, needs to have the White House? Answer: they don't. He'll drop at the end, regardless. It's a circus, the whole thing.
    He has near limitless piles of money. He has a Rolodex of politicians he can buy at any moment. I believe he wants the final historical affirmation that he is as great as he thinks is.............which would culminate with the presidency. If he was going to drop out, he would have done it after the 'Rapists' controversy. Now regard to him blowing up, I don't see it. Secondly, there isn't another politician that commands the room like him. There is a significant drop off of excitement once you work your way down from Trump.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-25-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    Never really understood the margin of error. If you asked 1,000 people who would they pick from those 16 candidates, you would get 1,000 answers - the margin of error should be zero, right?
    Extrapolated to the whole voting populace has a historical margin of error for whatever poll it is based on previous polls and results.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I've read that he's actually aiding Cruz since he hasn't outright attacked him yet, and will probably throw his endorsement his way when he drops. But, that could always change.

My question is: how the hell is Bush polling that high? Rather, who is voting in these polls?

The American people are so f*cking stupid to have another Bush AND Clinton polling anywhere above 1%. We deserve our doom.
    You would have to be mentally deranged to honestly want the country to be abused by another Bush. Maybe it's manufactured support? Maybe it's lonely old people who don't think clearly anymore? Maybe it's Democrats crashing the Republican polls? Maybe the entire election process is just a smoke and mirrors fraud.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoose View Post
    OP if you're on Windows 8 you can take a screenshot by holding down the windows button nd print screen button at the same time.
    Thanks - on Windows 7 without any admin privileges on campus, the PrtScr key is disabled or something and I can not do much about it.
    Took a snapshot on my own tablet though.

MOE - margin of error is about predicting the total population - more samples (sample size) the less of an error in predicting the larger population
    that you are trying to understand - if sample size was 1,000 the margin of error here would be a little less

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The general population is higher than 1000, so the margin of error is what the range of results for the whole population could be, given a confidence level of 95% or whatever they're using. There are tons of ways the polls could be skewed, so it's not necessarily accurate, but it's the best they can do.

This poll was released about a week ago.

The margin of error represents the range for a particular level of confidence. So for example, if the margin of error is +/-4.5%, with a 95% confidence level (which is most commonly used, I would always assume it is 95% unless otherwise specified in the poll release), then translated into English it means there is a 95% probability that that Rand would be somewhere between 3.5% and 12.5% if we were to poll the entire population of the same demographics. The larger the sample size is for the poll, the lower the margin of error will be for the same confidence level.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Trump Supporters' 2nd Choice (July 22, PPP):

Walker ---20
    Undecided ---17
    Carson ---10
    Cruz ---9
    Christie ---8
    Rubio ---8
    Bush ---7
    Paul ---6
    Huckabee ---4
    Kasich ---4
    Fiorina ---3
    Perry ---2
    Santorum ---2
    Pataki ---1
    Graham ---1
    Gilmore ---0
    Jindal ---0

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    The margin of error represents the range for a particular level of confidence. So for example, if the margin of error is +/-4.5%, with a 95% confidence level (which is most commonly used, I would always assume it is 95% unless otherwise specified in the poll release), then translated into English it means there is a 95% probability that that Rand would be somewhere between 3.5% and 12.5% if we were to poll the entire population of the same demographics. The larger the sample size is for the poll, the lower the margin of error will be for the same confidence level.
    ★★★★★ Best Answer ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Thanks - on Windows 7 without any admin privileges on campus, the PrtScr key is disabled or something and I can not do much about it.
    Took a snapshot on my own tablet though.

MOE - margin of error is about predicting the total population - more samples (sample size) the less of an error in predicting the larger population
    that you are trying to understand - if sample size was 1,000 the margin of error here would be a little less
    Haha, ok. I wondered why you did that.

I think if Carson and Cruz weren't in the race we'd be doing much better. Too many "outsiders" this election cycle. Do you guys think many people will drop before Iowa? Looks liek our best shot is there to be so many people right now that we win Iowa.

I think if Carson and Cruz weren't in the race we'd be doing much better. Too many "outsiders" this election cycle. Do you guys think many people will drop before Iowa? Looks liek our best shot is there to be so many people right now that we win Iowa.
    My guess is people will drop out after not doing well in Iowa.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Trump Supporters' 2nd Choice (July 22, PPP):

Walker ---20
    Undecided ---17
    Carson ---10
    Cruz ---9
    Christie ---8
    Rubio ---8
    Bush ---7
    Paul ---6
    Huckabee ---4
    Kasich ---4
    Fiorina ---3
    Perry ---2
    Santorum ---2
    Pataki ---1
    Graham ---1
    Gilmore ---0
    Jindal ---0
    Walker sucks. Hopefully, the coming feud lowers that number a little.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand was actually smart to announce early. Imagine if he announced after Trump. No one would've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    My guess is people will drop out after not doing well in Iowa.
    Hope so. Even if Rand gets Half the votes Ron got in 2012 he would be well positioned assuming the election is spread so thin.

Jan2017

Hope so. Even if Rand gets Half the votes Ron got in 2012 he would be well positioned assuming the election is spread so thin.
    fwiw, Ron Paul did win voting from the caucus night in several counties in eastern side of Iowa (Jefferson, Van Buren, and others) -
    Rick Perry actually won one county in central Iowa along the Missouri border - Rand could do very well imho.

I imagine Fox will have another poll to show soon, maybe with Rand tomorrow on Fox News Sunday, and this is just one result that could be used for their average.

Donald trump only cares about white people. The whole world knows this, but Real Americans™ are showing their cognitive dissonance. The whole world is laughing at us right now.

Isn't this about where Ron was last time? That's not very comforting.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Isn't this about where Ron was last time? That's not very comforting.
    I think Rand is doing a little better than Ron was last time at this point. Rand was even leading at certain points through the last year. I think the pollsters/media is doing what they always do to try and manipulate the voters, but when it's time for these pollsters to have to report "real" numbers less they will lose their reputation which in the long run will lose them money Rand's numbers will begin to rise just as Ron's did in Iowa. I honestly think Rand is actually polling higher, but just as they did Ron they're trying to dampen enthusiasm. Problem for them is when it comes time for these pollsters to start getting it right will the media be able to push Rand back down 2 weeks before Iowa just as they did Ron. My thoughts are it's not going to be so easy to push Rand down in the polls once he starts rising due to less baggage ie newsletters...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast