Thread: Trump: I support the ban on assault weapons

Exclamation Trump: I support the ban on assault weapons

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If people would stop calling certain weapons, "assault weapons", there wouldn't be any.

An assault weapon is one that was used to assault somebody. One can't usually go to the store and buy one of those.

the way to beat Trump is to play these videos, and ask him about them, not to call his supporters crazies, and not to fight him on the immigration issue

Thanks for another good topic, AF. Keep exposing that Trump is just as mealy mouthed as the rest of the GOP crew for the people on here that are somehow under his spell. I'll carry these topics off of this site and into the faces of people I know that are on this stupid Trump Train that's destined to crash.

Edit: Seeing Presence's post with Trump's "clarification", it's not as bad, but of course I still don't think automatics should be banned but baby steps as always. Trump should've used different language if he's telling the truth, but of course he could just be side-stepping his words.
    Last edited by Spikender; 07-25-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Trump has stated that he does NOT consider the AR-15 an assault rifle.

I believe when trump was using the term "assault weapons" in 2000 he meant "select-fire" fully automatic "assault rifle" as defined by the miltary.

ie he supports a ban on civilian "select-fire" full auto.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/07/dona...#axzz3gxA1x0u8

AmmoLand: The deceptive term “Assault Weapons” has proven to be a buzz word among the anti-gun media. Back in 2000 in your book “The America We Deserve” you wrote “The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse to even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.” Since that time the AR15 rifle, what the media calls an “assault weapons“, has become America’s most popular firearm with millions and millions of them owned by good people.
    Do you still stand by this quote or has your thinking evolved over the 15 years since you wrote that line?
    Donald Trump:
    “I certainly stand by my opposition to Gun Control when it comes to taking guns from law-abiding citizens. You mention that the media describes the AR-15 as an “assault rifle,” which is one example of the many distortions they use to sell their agenda. However, the AR-15 does not fall under this category. Gun-banners are unfortunately preoccupied with the AR-15, magazine capacity, grips, and other aesthetics, precisely because of its popularity.”
    “To the Left every gun is an assault weapon.”

“Gun control does not reduce crime. It has consistently failed to stop violence. Americans are entitled to protect their families, their property and themselves. In fact, in right-to-carry states the violent crime rate is 24% lower than the rest of the United States and the murder rate is 28% lower. This should not be up for debate.”

US Military defines "assault rifle":

http://www.tulprpc.org/attachments/F...ault_Rifle.pdf
    Last edited by presence; 07-25-2015 at 07:24 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Any way the wind blows...

His hair is less likely to change directions with the wind than his policies.

Last edited by RJB; 07-25-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I support the ban on assault weapons
    lol

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Reasons to like Trump: -5.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
    Speaking of which ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·