Thread: OK SB 838 - Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform

OK SB 838 - Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform

Please contact your representatives, senators, family, and friends and please urge them to support this bill.
    Civil Asset Forfeiture reform is sorely needed in this state. There needs to be an indictment, an actual crime, before property should be allowed to be seized by "authorities." It's time we have some accountability here.

Take note that law enforcement agencies will be fighting tooth and nail against this bill. Let's take the challenge and fight for the rights of the PEOPLE.

You can find the bill here: http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=SB838

News coverage:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b07af29d57cc12
    http://www.edmondsun.com/news/state_...f331736f5.html
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting, and including the news coverage!

The author of this legislation is a Ron Paul supporter. He made a public appearance a couple weeks ago to talk about the legislation. I didn't attend, but did hear that the appearance was infiltrated by two different law enforcement agencies, who were there literally taking notes. I fully expect barrington or one of his cronies will try to kill this in committee.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

http://www.news9.com/story/30207554/...affic-incident

Summer Loveless, the wife of Sen. Kyle Loveless, R-Dist.45, was arrested and booked into the Oklahoma County Jail just before 3 p.m. on Sunday.

According to a police report, the officer saw Loveless, 38, enter onto westbound I-44 in northwest Oklahoma City, speeding and closely following other vehicles. When the officer tried to pull her over, Loveless continued for more than a mile, before finally exiting onto N. May Ave. and pulling her vehicle over.

Police say that when the officer approached the vehicle, Loveless refused to roll her window down, and continued to talk and text on her phone. The report stated that Loveless even used hand motions to tell the officer to wait while she finished her phone conversation.
    Loveless was booked on complaints of Following Too Closely, Driving Under Suspension and Interfering with Official Process.
    Note that the article makes no connection between this incident and SB838. Nah, this couldn't possibly be retaliation, could it? It'll be interesting to see what comes of this little incident.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Possible perspective: she could have had a family emergency on the other line.

Anyway, this is lame on behalf of the police officer. He was probably mad she didn't bow down to him.

R3s/OKGrassroots backing Kyle Loveless on SB 838

http://okgrassroots.com/?p=565238 full article here

Civil Asset Forfeiture legislation needs to be reformed in order to protect innocent people from having their property subject to legal theft by the state without due process. R3publicans (R3s) are working to help Oklahomans learn about this issue and … Continue reading →

informational packet available on Scribd (downloadable here)
    Last edited by scrosnoe; 12-30-2015 at 04:36 AM. Reason: add link

I'll have to take a look and see where this is at in the legislative process, and target my efforts accordingly. I'll be up at the capitol next week, so will see who happens to be in their offices.

edit: Very interesting that both lucas and cole have come out in favor of this!

Theft, by any other name, is still just frickin' theft.

Aren't their supposedly, at least some laws and commandments against theft?

Next legislative session begins in February I believe, so we need to be sure that we have momentum behind this one.
    There's absolutely no valid reason there shouldn't be civil asset forfeiture reform in this state, no reason at all it shouldn't pass.

But, the law enforcement agencies have been trying to steamroll this one, so there's still a fight.

Contact your reps and sens...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.