Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woman Catches Man Pleasuring Himself on Paris Metro

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I'm pretty sure the people getting eaten thought it was indecent.

But not everything is learned. Do serial killers start out killing animals for pleasure because they saw Wylie Coyote get an anvil dropped on his head or because something got skewed in their cerebral cortex?
    Yeah, right.... and I was talking about non damaging things people consider indecent.
    If no one is damage when somebody does something, who is to say it's indecent?

At one time it was normal to burn witches too. What changed?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yeah, right.... and I was talking about non damaging things people consider indecent.
    If no one is damage when somebody does something, who is to say it's indecent?

At one time it was normal to burn witches too. What changed?

Who's to say it's decent then?

Who's to say it's decent then?
    Well, then, let's say everything is indecent and lock everybody up when they do it.

That's the problem, it's an arbitrary standard.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 07-27-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Well, then, let's say everything is indecent and lock everybody up when they do it.

That's the problem, it's an arbitrary standard.

Not sure what your point is. If your child was molested should the molester not be punished because indecency is arbitrary?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Many rapists plan it out in advance and stalk their victims. That is not a momentary lapse in judgment. Date rape may be a different issue...ie, when someone says no and he doesn't stop. That's a more cloudy issue as it gets into he said she said about consent...ie, refer to OP.
    Well you basically admitted that different rapists rape for different reasons - but recognize that most rapists outside of prison prefer consensual sex to rape (as studies have shown) and so sex is a huge motivator and it is often the perps LACK of control over themselves, likely combined with a particularly high unsatiated libido that leads to rape in many cases.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    buzzfeed is one of the single most race/gender-baiting sites on the web
    http://buzzorclick.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well you basically admitted that different rapists rape for different reasons - but recognize that most rapists outside of prison prefer consensual sex to rape (as studies have shown) and so sex is a huge motivator and it is often the perps LACK of control over themselves, likely combined with a particularly high unsatiated libido that leads to rape in many cases.

Sex is a motivator in that the rapist gets off on violence, aggression and control which concludes that ultimately it is a crime of violence, aggression and control. The fact that much of the time it's premeditated, it can hardly be called an act of passion or loss of control. They are very much in control.
    When someone overpowers you and forces you to have sex it becomes an act of violence and control...not sex for the sake of sex.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 07-27-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Not sure what your point is. If your child was molested should the molester not be punished because indecency is arbitrary?
    That would be a crime of violence and has nothing to do with decency or indecency.

That would be a crime of violence and have nothing to do with decency or indecency.
    As is rape.

As is rape.
    That's right.... I don't know why those things are being brought up here.

Sex is a motivator in that the rapist gets off on violence, aggression and control which concludes that ultimately it is a crime of violence, aggression and control. The fact that much of the time it's premeditated, it can hardly be called an act of passion or loss of control. They are very much in control.
    When someone overpowers you and forces you to have sex it becomes an act of violence and control...not sex for the sake of sex.
    I buy broccoli because it tastes good and it is healthy. There can be several motivating factors for any action, that philosophy tries to pigeon hole all occurrences of rape into one factor for no good reason. Rapists can be motivated by power/control as well as sex at the same time, or by only sex and it may have nothing to do with control.

However the fact that most rapists prefer consensual sex to rape, and choose rape, means that consensual sex is not on the table for most rapists.

If you want to sweep half or more of the reason why rape occurs under the rug, you won't be as effective at solving the problem.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-27-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I buy broccoli because it tastes good and it is healthy. There can be several motivating factors for any action, that philosophy tries to pigeon hole all occurrences of rape into one factor for no good reason. Rapists can be motivated by power/control as well as sex at the same time, or by only sex and it may have nothing to do with control.

However the fact that most rapists prefer consensual sex to rape, and choose rape, means that consensual sex is not on the table for most rapists.

If you want to sweep half or more of the reason why rape occurs under the rug, you won't be as effective at solving the problem.
    And how would you solve the problem?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's right.... I don't know why those things are being brought up here.
    I blame Paul from West Virginia.

Every time this thread title comes back up I think of this poem.

. In a Station of the Metro

The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
    Petals on a wet, black bough.
    ~ Ezra Pound

How do you know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    How do you know this?
    Personal experience?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

He was just complementing her.

Dude, I determine what constitutes my personal space and whomever chooses to cross that perimeter does so at their own risk. End of story.
    Fine, but don't call them property rights.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    How do you know this?
    From studies I've read that concluded most rapists prefer consensual sex to rape - specifically - they hooked up some device to their genitals to measure their reaction to various sexual stimuli and most convicted rapists preferred depictions of consensual sex to rape. The findings were corroborated with their stated personal views.

I think this is important because it highlights why prostitution should be legalized and imo less stigmatized. It won't prevent all instances of rape, but it will reduce it and in fact I think Rhode Island or somewhere saw a huge decrease in the instances of rape when some type of clerical error made prostitution legal there for several years not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Personal experience?
    Ya, from my experience debating the merits of legalized prostitution.

And how would you solve the problem?
    ^^^^^^
    Last edited by dannno; 07-28-2015 at 06:04 AM.

You're delusional. No one said there was a widespread societal conspiracy of men trying to oppress women with rape. There are texts upon texts in every psychology journal around regarding power and control as a motivator for rape. These journals weren't written by feminists, they were written by psychology experts. Do you think a rapist sits back and analyzes his own motives? Of course not. He is driven by premeditation, just like murderers, pedophiles, etc. and no one said it was about controlling someone for being too strong or independent. Generally they choose women who are easy marks. However, since you appear to think you are an expert on the subject I doubt any of that is going to sink in, however you might want to question why you seem to be defending rape as a simple sexual urge.
    Many rapists plan it out in advance and stalk their victims. That is not a momentary lapse in judgment. Date rape may be a different issue...ie, when someone says no and he doesn't stop. That's a more cloudy issue as it gets into he said she said about consent...ie, refer to OP.
    So now you think I'm "defending rape"? That's rich. You're grasping at straws. Saying rape is a "simple" sexual urge in no way "defends" it. I have offered no defense for rape nor do intend to, so you can eat your own words instead of putting them in my mouth.

Some rapists plan out their attacks, but so what? What's your point? I don't know the statistics of how many are premeditated, but it's definitely not all of them, since many of them are committed in the heat of the moment, obviously. The fact that some of them may be premeditated doesn't mean it's about control. I don't care what's in your psychology textbook because not only is psychology a BS science to begin with, but there's just really no reason to go beyond the desire for sex as a motive. That's what the rapists say they want and, crazy as it sounds, I believe them. This whole narrative of control is just feminist dogma. There's no need to get all Freudian about it unless you're a feminist. The guys wanted sex and had the means to get it. Simple as that, and no, that is not a defense of rape in any way, shape, or form.

Besides, who's to say some feminist propaganda didn't make it into the psychology textbooks? I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What are you smoking? You think the fact that "much of the time" it's premeditated means "it can hardly be called an act of passion"? Excuse me, but what's this "much of the time" you speak of? Do you have some kind of statistic that shows the overwhelming majority are premeditated? I highly doubt it. Even if it is premeditated, that doesn't mean sex isn't the main motive. It just means the guy took the trouble to plan it out because he knew that he risked getting caught... duh.

When someone overpowers you and forces you to have sex it becomes an act of violence, but that doesn't mean it's not for the sake of sex. You need to define your terms better because something being "for the sake of sex" sounds really ambiguous the way you say it, but are you saying it's not a strong motive? As a man, I would have to disagree. I know that sounds bad, but that's just the way it is for some men. They want something and they don't care how they get it. It's a lack of compassion and a desire for sex, not some pseudo-scientific bs about wanting to control someone else. That's just one aspect of the desire for sex. The desire for sex encompasses all of those aspects.

According to the late Bob LeFevre, only about 5% of mankind is civilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Go on...

From studies I've read that concluded most rapists prefer consensual sex to rape - specifically - they hooked up some device to their genitals to measure their reaction to various sexual stimuli and most convicted rapists preferred depictions of consensual sex to rape. The findings were corroborated with their stated personal views.

I think this is important because it highlights why prostitution should be legalized and imo less stigmatized. It won't prevent all instances of rape, but it will reduce it and in fact I think Rhode Island or somewhere saw a huge decrease in the instances of rape when some type of clerical error made prostitution legal there for several years not too long ago.

Ya, from my experience debating the merits of legalized prostitution.

^^^^^^
    Yes legalized prostitution would help men who want sex and are willing to pay for it, but since I believe rape is motivated by something other than just sex I think you would end up with prostitutes being paid to be brutalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    See sig

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    What are you smoking? You think the fact that "much of the time" it's premeditated means "it can hardly be called an act of passion"? Excuse me, but what's this "much of the time" you speak of? Do you have some kind of statistic that shows the overwhelming majority are premeditated? I highly doubt it. Even if it is premeditated, that doesn't mean sex isn't the main motive. It just means the guy took the trouble to plan it out because he knew that he risked getting caught... duh.

When someone overpowers you and forces you to have sex it becomes an act of violence, but that doesn't mean it's not for the sake of sex. You need to define your terms better because something being "for the sake of sex" sounds really ambiguous the way you say it, but are you saying it's not a strong motive? As a man, I would have to disagree. I know that sounds bad, but that's just the way it is for some men. They want something and they don't care how they get it. It's a lack of compassion and a desire for sex, not some pseudo-scientific bs about wanting to control someone else. That's just one aspect of the desire for sex. The desire for sex encompasses all of those aspects.
    You need to go read sometime. Almost all psychological experts agree that control is the motivator in rape...the fact that they get off is the end result. Do I think there are some men who will go to any lengths short of violence to get laid? Yes I do, but once they cross the line over into force and violence something else is at play. The mans basic character is in question regardless of the oh that's just the way men are meme. Because if we thought that's just the way men are generally, we would all be packing heat on dates. If a man stalks someone with the intent of rape and then actually follows through with it and violates her in a violent and aggressive manner that is not just because he wanted sex. That is freaking sociopathic.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 07-28-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Yes legalized prostitution would help men who want sex and are willing to pay for it, but since I believe rape is motivated by something other than just sex I think you would end up with prostitutes being paid to be brutalized.
    Well, considering that prostitution already happens, I don't see why you put it in the form of a hypothetical. Many prostitutes are able to successfully carry on business without constantly recovering from being brutalized after each session.

You need to go read sometime. Almost all psychological experts agree that control is the motivator in rape...the fact that they get off is the end result. Do I think there are some men who will go to any lengths short of violence to get laid? Yes I do, but once they cross the line over into force and violence something else is at play. The mans basic character is in question regardless of the oh that's just the way men are meme.
    Bull$#@!. That's just re-defining the terms to fit your preconceived notions. You said it yourself, once a man crosses over to violence, it automatically means sex is no longer the motive. Why not? Because of what some Freudian psychologist said? Like I said, psychology is a BS science and I wouldn't be surprised if it was already infused with feminist ideologies anyway.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Bull$#@!. That's just re-defining the terms to fit your preconceived notions. You said it yourself, once a man crosses over to violence, it automatically means sex is no longer the motive. Why not? Because of what some Freudian psychologist said? Like I said, psychology is a BS science and I wouldn't be surprised if it was already infused with feminist ideologies anyway.

Oh I see..you're an expert who knows more than the experts who have spent years interviewing and studying these people. Clueless! By your estimation then, men are just barbarians end of story.

See sig
    Late Bill Hicks, fan here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast