Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter in Lafayette Louisiana theater deactivated

Active Shooter in Lafayette Louisiana theater deactivated

http://www.ktbs.com/story/29621574/r...everal-injures

LAFAYETTE, La. (KATC) -
    State Police confirm there was an active shooter at a movie theater in Lafayette.

The shooter is "no longer active".

Sources tell ABC-affiliate KATC the shooting happened at The Grand on Johnston.

There are reports at six people are injured. City Marshal Brian Pope is telling local media that the shooter has turned the gun on himself and is dead.

Gov. Bobby has confirmed on Twitter that is in communication with state police to investigate the shooting.

Further information will have to come from Lafayette Police.

We'll update this article as more information becomes available.
    Last edited by mrsat_98; 07-23-2015 at 07:57 PM.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Breaking: SIX INJURED IN SHOOTING AT LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA MOVIE THEATER, LOCAL PAPER REPORTS

Here we go again guys.

Police in Lafayette, Louisiana, say they responded Thursday night to a report of a shooting at the Grand 16 Theatre.

The shooting involved "multiple victims," the police department tweeted. Police said they received the call about 7:30 p.m. CT.

Todd Moffatt, manager of a Mellow Mushroom pizza restaurant in the area, said 20 to 30 emergency vehicles had arrived on the scene. The area was locked down, he said.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal tweeted, "I'm on my way to Lafayette right now. Please say a prayer for the victims at Grand Theatre and their families."

Dang, sorry ... I posted a duplicate...

Anyway, here we go again guys. I will guarantee you Obozo will get his gun control through before he leaves office; if he has to false flag every five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Dang, sorry ... I posted a duplicate...

Anyway, here we go again guys. I will guarantee you Obozo will get his gun control through before he leaves office; if he has to false flag every five minutes.
    I was not going to call it a false flag yet.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

What a mess.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    It's just my natural reaction to all these events lately, unfortunately. He wishes to disarm us all, as he allows millions of "who knows what" to flood our country. And they will have guns, big ones; probably courtesy of the Justice Department's "Fast and Furious".

It's just my natural reaction to all these events lately, unfortunately. He wishes to disarm us all, as he allows millions of "who knows what" to flood our country. And they will have guns, big ones; probably courtesy of the Justice Department's "Fast and Furious".
    You anti immigration lot are working overtime to turn yourselves into a cartoon.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    You anti immigration lot are working overtime to turn yourselves into a cartoon.
    I am not anti immigration but I am against being disarmed as people flood this country (unchecked) from locations that shout "Death to America".

*yawn*
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/n...ston/30598925/

Three dead (including shooter), seven wounded (another report says nine injured- update: the nine figure includes the dead transported to hospitals).

Multiple witnesses reported the shooter was a white, middle-aged man, Craft said. State police have said the shooter was 58 years old, and was using a handgun.
    Jalen Fernell, 20, of Lafayette, was in the Grand Theatre watching “South Paw” with friends when he heard gunshots.

“They were very faint over the movie. I thought it was part of the movie,” Fernell said. “About five seconds later, sirens went off and I realized it wasn’t the movie.”

Someone came on the intercom and told moviegoers to evacuate, Fernell said. Nobody knew what was going on so they took off running, he said.

Outside the theater building police were everywhere
    “I saw a woman lying on the ground outside with blood everywhere. She was shot in the leg,” Fernell said.

Everyone started running again, he said.

“We didn’t know what to do. You’re scared to walk through the parking lot, You don’t know if the guy’s in a car, hiding in the parking lot,” Fernell said.

More police pulled up with assault rifles and went into the building, he said.

“I heard gunshots like a war going on,” Fernell said.

When the gunfire stopped, he heard from a police car radio that six people were down in Theater 14, he said.

More police pulled up, charging inside the building and more gunshots were fired. He heard the suspect was down; he had committed suicide, he said.

In the theater where the shooting took place, Emily Mann, 21, was watching “Train Wreck” with a friend in the second row from the top of the theater when she heard popping noises and noticed flashes coming from a gun held by a man in the same row on the other side of the theater, her father, Randall Mann, vice president of marketing and public relations at Acadian Ambulance, said.

Emily wasn’t up to speaking to the media Thursday night, he said.

Mann said Acadian Ambulance transported eight patients to area hospitals. The company responded with 10 ambulances and off-duty personnel who heard about the shooting showed up at the scene to help, he said.

"We heard a loud pop we thought was a firecracker," she said.Katie Domingue of Carencro was at the 7 p.m. showing of "Train Wreck" with her fiance', Joshua Doggett. About 20 minutes into the movie, Domingue said, she heard a loud noise.

She saw "an older white man" standing up and shooting down, not in her direction.

"He wasn't saying anything. I didn't hear anybody screaming either," Domingue said.
    They now know but aren't releasing the name of the shooter.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-23-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    me neither, nor will I rule it out

Like all the other guns he took away after all of the other shootings which occurred while he was in office.

Total speculation since we have no facts but wondering if his wife was in the theater with anther man and he followed them there- taking a seat near the back of the theater to keep an eye on them. Then he get angry enough (as if he wasn't angry enough to take a gun and follow them) to stand up and shoot at them- killing them and wounding others nearby.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-23-2015 at 09:51 PM.

If the emerging details end up paralleling the general pattern we've seen over the last few months, the obvious (and cynical) upshot is we are experiencing a serial false flag fiesta, designed to keep the population in fear and in a framework that supports more gun control, Orwellian surveillance, etc.

Perhaps the "juice" from the Charleston shooting was drying up insofar as using it to give a push to new gun control policy was concerned, so these other shooters in TN and LA have been triggered to restore the momentum.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Total speculation since we have no facts but wondering if his wife was in the theater with anther man and he followed them there- taking a seat near the back of the theater to keep an eye on them. Then he get angry enough (as if he wasn't angry enough to take a gun and follow them) to stand up and shoot at them- killing them and wounding others nearby.
    Give it a rest.

How nice. The movie was the one featuring Chuck Schumer's relative, Amy. You know, the female comedian that teaches young women it's ok to be drunk whores.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-23-2015 at 10:12 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

"Breaking News - Active Shooter in Lafayette Louisiana theater deactivated"

Interesting title and using the word 'deactivated.' Was that the Original News story title or one made up by OP?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Like all the other guns he took away after all of the other shootings which occurred while he was in office.
    Not for a lack of trying. Just today he was saying that his biggest frustration of his Presidency is his inability to enact stricter gun laws. He actually admits the chances of getting something passed through Congress is slim. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33646704
    Last edited by ord33; 07-24-2015 at 01:21 AM.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

So the building was already surrounded by AR15 welding police as moviegoers were still in the process of egressing and shots were still being fired? And police already had a body count as soon as the shots stopped? Sounds strangely familiar to a training op--morphed into real life and right as James Holmes awaits final sentencing.

"simultaneous bombs going off precisely at the railway stations where it happened this morning, so I still have the hairs on the back of my neck standing upright! ... and so we went through the correct drills of activating crisis management procedures to jump from 'slow time' to 'quick time' thinking and so on." -- Peter Power
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

“They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Well just look at all the new gun laws in California since 2012, as but one example. Oh and: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...rity-benefits/
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

“They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Another 3-name white guy.

Ban white males!

Meanwhile there are literally dozens killed every day in "depressed" neighborhoods across the country...

Police say 'drifter' killed 2, injured 9 in Lafayette, La. movie theater

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/24...movie-theater/

Police said a drifter carried out the movie theater attack in Lafayette, La., late Thursday that left two people dead and nine others injured.

Lafayette Police Friday identified the shooter as John Russell Houser, 59.

“He’s kind of a drifter,” Police Chief Jim Craft told a news conference.

Houser was from Alabama but had been staying at a motel in Lafayette, he said.

Police recovered wigs, glasses and disguises in a search of the room. His vehicle "with switched license tags" was parked next to the movie theater, Craft said.

“It is apparent that he was intent on shooting and escaping,” he said.

[snip]

Lafayette Shooter Had Tea Party Page
    The man named in connection with Thursday night’s shooting at a Louisiana movie theater appears to have had a Tea Party Nation page registered in his name. Officials identified the shooter Friday morning as John Russel Houser of Alabama. A Tea Party Nation page was registered by a man with that name in June 2013, and the registrant identified his hometown as Phenix City, Alabama.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...age&source=TDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Well just look at all the new gun laws in California since 2012, as but one example. Oh and: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...rity-benefits/
    Obama and the gun control crew have utterly failed to enact ANY further restrictions on guns at the Federal level. On the State level, only those states that already had restrictive laws and a history of anti-gun activity (like California where RONALD REAGAN started gun control decades ago) have enacted more. And many states increased protection for the rights of gun owners. I'm not saying that we don't need to be vigilant, but the ldea that Obama is effectively disarming us is simply not supported by the facts.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He had plans to escape,, but he killed himself (without a fight).

Story haz an odor.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

There's a picture of the dude floating around Pete, it fits the narrative for the new scary boogeyman, gray, short hair, clean shaven caucasian dude...

Was just informed, my son heard this guy had a "stand with Rand" avatar on a message board he belonged to. Will see if I can confirm that.

**UPDATING:** apparently there's something among his Facebook photos...can be seen on this link:
    http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/lafa...sence-revealed
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-24-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

He had plans to escape,, but he killed himself (without a fight).

Story haz an odor.
    The articles posted above ("sounded like a war zone", "many shots fired") make it sound like there was a fight. Source for "without a fight"?

EDIT: That's one of my favorite movie lines ever. Arnold is... Arnold.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Was just informed, my son heard this guy had a "stand with Rand" avatar on a message board he belonged to. Will see if I can confirm that.

**UPDATING:** apparently there's something among his Facebook photos...can be seen on this link:
    http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/lafa...sence-revealed
    "His page likes included "I hate liberals!", which features a cover image that states "I Stand With Rand." The public posts on the page included a conservative article on how liberals "brainwash" people into hating America, and a post where he stated "Death comes soon to the financially failing filth farm called the US.""

Degrees of separation.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Why not visit Chicago? Some weekends yield 50+ people shot. In fact, a little over a year ago there was a holiday weekend where 82 people were shot.

What about the families of those shot in Chicago?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast