Thread: WYFF 4 Greenville SC: Oath Keepers guard Upstate military recruitment centers

WYFF 4 Greenville SC: Oath Keepers guard Upstate military recruitment centers

I am very proud to have helped start this organization. Please follow link and watch videos.

http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/wyff...tment-centers/

From WYFF News 4 in Greenville, South Carolina, comes a story which is tied to other stories. I want to thank WYFF 4 and their Ashley Swann for catching the true spirit of what Oath Keepers is revealing to the American public, for seeing our message and reporting it true. Their coverage of Mouse and his Oath Keeper buddies, the community response, and the purely American appreciation of Simpsonville Police Chief Keith Grounsell is a glimmer of hope in a topsy-turvy country today. Oath Keepers salutes WYFF 4 and journalist Ashley Swann.

Their articles begins this way —
    GREENVILLE, S.C. —In the wake of the shootings in Chattanooga that took the lives of four Marines and a sailor last week, a Greenville-area group has joined a national effort to protect military personnel at some Upstate recruitment centers.
    “They can go overseas, and they can fight for us, and they can say that they’re fighting to protect America, but they can’t protect themselves at home?” Mouse Prosen told WYFF News 4’s Ashley Swann. “I don’t understand that.”
    Prosen, a former Marine, is a member of the South Carolina chapter of Oath Keepers, a national nonprofit dedicated to defending the Constitution. Across the nation, members are standing watch at recruitment centers to guard the servicemen and service women they say are not allowed to protect themselves by carrying firearms.
    They call it the Protect the Protectors mission.
    WYFF News 4 spoke with Mouse Prosen, but also spoke with the Chief of Police at Simpsonville, Chief Keith Grounsell. Here is some of what he had to say about the Oath Keepers volunteering to protect our unarmed servicemen –
    Simpsonville Police Chief Keith Grounsell has met with the group and says he respects their efforts.
    “That’s the most important thing to me,” said Grounsell. “That they’re doing it as law-abiding citizens, taking the proper approach, communicating with the local police departments to assure that they don’t overstep their boundaries.”
    Grounsell says he and his department appreciate the support.
    “If you have two to four individuals that are willing to donate their time and have that extra set of eyes and ears out there, actually looking for specific things that might occur around these recruiting stations, that’s wonderful for us,” he said.
    How’s that for an example of a real American Constitutional Chief of Police? Oath Keepers salutes Chief Grounsell.

More at link above...
    Last edited by VegasPatriot; 07-23-2015 at 07:36 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    God Bless the Oathkeepers!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The government says they are "security risks", are "not wanted" and to call the cops on them.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ecurity-threat

Just another glaring example of exactly how Mordor-on-the-Potomac views us Mundanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The government says they are "security risks", are "not wanted" and to call the cops on them.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ecurity-threat

Just another glaring example of exactly how Mordor-on-the-Potomac views us Mundanes.
    Yes, very sad... also see this letter:

https://scontent.flas1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...3d&oe=5616CA28

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPatriot View Post
    I am very proud to have helped start this organization. Please follow link and watch videos.

http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/wyff...tment-centers/

From WYFF News 4 in Greenville, South Carolina, comes a story which is tied to other stories. I want to thank WYFF 4 and their Ashley Swann for catching the true spirit of what Oath Keepers is revealing to the American public, for seeing our message and reporting it true. Their coverage of Mouse and his Oath Keeper buddies, the community response, and the purely American appreciation of Simpsonville Police Chief Keith Grounsell is a glimmer of hope in a topsy-turvy country today. Oath Keepers salutes WYFF 4 and journalist Ashley Swann.

Their articles begins this way —
    GREENVILLE, S.C. —In the wake of the shootings in Chattanooga that took the lives of four Marines and a sailor last week, a Greenville-area group has joined a national effort to protect military personnel at some Upstate recruitment centers.
    “They can go overseas, and they can fight for us, and they can say that they’re fighting to protect America, but they can’t protect themselves at home?” Mouse Prosen told WYFF News 4’s Ashley Swann. “I don’t understand that.”
    Prosen, a former Marine, is a member of the South Carolina chapter of Oath Keepers, a national nonprofit dedicated to defending the Constitution. Across the nation, members are standing watch at recruitment centers to guard the servicemen and service women they say are not allowed to protect themselves by carrying firearms.
    They call it the Protect the Protectors mission.
    WYFF News 4 spoke with Mouse Prosen, but also spoke with the Chief of Police at Simpsonville, Chief Keith Grounsell. Here is some of what he had to say about the Oath Keepers volunteering to protect our unarmed servicemen –
    Simpsonville Police Chief Keith Grounsell has met with the group and says he respects their efforts.
    “That’s the most important thing to me,” said Grounsell. “That they’re doing it as law-abiding citizens, taking the proper approach, communicating with the local police departments to assure that they don’t overstep their boundaries.”
    Grounsell says he and his department appreciate the support.
    “If you have two to four individuals that are willing to donate their time and have that extra set of eyes and ears out there, actually looking for specific things that might occur around these recruiting stations, that’s wonderful for us,” he said.
    How’s that for an example of a real American Constitutional Chief of Police? Oath Keepers salutes Chief Grounsell.

More at link above...
    I'm proud of you too !! I really respect what the Oathkeepers are doing. I tried to join a couple of weeks ago, but never heard back from them. I'm a former Correctional Officer.... maybe that isn't acceptable to their organization. Regardless, I admire much of their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I'm proud of you too !! I really respect what the Oathkeepers are doing. I tried to join a couple of weeks ago, but never heard back from them. I'm a former Correctional Officer.... maybe that isn't acceptable to their organization. Regardless, I admire much of their work.
    We have been very busy lately, yes you are welcome as a member. If you have taken an oath... a full member, if not (like me) an associate member. Thanks for your support. Feel free to pm me if you want more detailed info.

We have been very busy lately, yes you are welcome as a member. If you have taken an oath... a full member, if not (like me) an associate member. Thanks for your support. Feel free to pm me if you want more detailed info.
    Once we passed basic training, we did not take an oath. We got pepper sprayed instead, so we would know what it feels like. So I guess I would have to be an associate member as well.

Protecting military recruitment centers seems misguided at best, given the kind of missions the military has been performing in recent decades and oft-unconstitutonal nature of the orders being obeyed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I was just going to say what Vegas Patriot said.

Contact him.

By all means, all are welcome.

Would a Merchant Mariner's oath count?

Merchant Mariner Oath
    46 USC
    I do solemnly swear or affirm that I will
    faithfully and honestly, according to my
    best skill and judgment, and without
    concealment and reservation, perform
    all the duties required of me by the laws
    of the United States. I will faithfully and
    honestly carry out the lawful orders of
    my superior officers aboard a vessel.

Interesting, I am not sure, but I will look into it and let you know... I appreciate all you and your wife do in supporting the Liberty movement and Oath Keepers in particular; if you would like I would be happy to comp you both to a membership (associate or full member, whichever applies), just let me know if you are interested.

very noteworthy, but i keep wondering why recruitment centers are getting this special treatment when schools, with CHILDREN don't get armed guards by Oathkeepers?...

Big grown men in the Military do, but children don't....curious.

Merchant Mariner Oath
    46 USC
    I do solemnly swear or affirm that I will
    faithfully and honestly, according to my
    best skill and judgment, and without
    concealment and reservation, perform
    all the duties required of me by the laws
    of the United States. I will faithfully and
    honestly carry out the lawful orders of
    my superior officers aboard a vessel.

Interesting, I am not sure, but I will look into it and let you know... I appreciate all you and your wife do in supporting the Liberty movement and Oath Keepers in particular; if you would like I would be happy to comp you both to a membership (associate or full member, whichever applies), just let me know if you are interested.
    Thanks!

We've donated many times in the past but never made the leap to membership status.

I'm more than willing to pay full freight however, happy to do it.

Let me know when you can, what my status would be, full or associate.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Yes, the Merchant Mariner's oath does count as a full member.

Thanks!

We've donated many times in the past but never made the leap to membership status.

I'm more than willing to pay full freight however, happy to do it.

Let me know when you can, what my status would be, full or associate.
    I know how generous you have been to Oath Keepers in the past and it does not surprise me that you are willing to pay for your memberships... but my offer does still stand, and if you do not want to accept the comps I completely understand, maybe I could add a few extra goodies in your membership packages... a couple of silver OK coins sound good to me (just leave a note on your applications and I will make that happen)... either way, thanks again for all you and your wife do (I think of you and donnay as the dynamic duo of RPF).

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    very noteworthy, but i keep wondering why recruitment centers are getting this special treatment when schools, with CHILDREN don't get armed guards by Oathkeepers?...

Big grown men in the Military do, but children don't....curious.

Not so curious considering most schools are gun free zones. Can you imagine what would happen if members of OK would start posting armed guards outside of schools? So not much to do at schools other than see something, say something

Plus, there has been a serious threat against recruitment centers for awhile now. And considering these military recruitment centers are not allowed to properly defend themselves, this is not only about protecting "Big grown men in the Military", but it is also about changing a flawed policy.

Yes, the Merchant Mariner's oath does count as a full member.

I know how generous you have been to Oath Keepers in the past and it does not surprise me that you are willing to pay for your memberships... but my offer does still stand, and if you do not want to accept the comps I completely understand, maybe I could add a few extra goodies in your membership packages... a couple of silver OK coins sound good to me (just leave a note on your applications and I will make that happen)... either way, thanks again for all you and your wife do (I think of you and donnay as the dynamic duo of RPF).
    Awesome, OK, I will make this happen this week.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I tell you, I have a problem with offering help to someone/entity/institution who tells you they don't need it. The only good thing about it is that they are not charging the govt for their services. But if someone tell you that your services are not needed, just leave, you should not force your goodwill on people.