Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New PPP poll: Rand only at 4% (5?) but does the best against Hillary

New PPP poll: Rand only at 4% (5?) but does the best against Hillary

Very interesting. Rand's numbers are so low that he's in danger of not even making the first Republican debate a week from Friday, but he still performs better against Hillary in a general election match up than any other Republican. Apparently the GOP doesn't want to win.

GOP primary:

Trump: 19%
    Walker: 17%
    Bush: 12%
    Carson: 10%
    Rubio: 10%
    Huckabee: 8%
    Paul: 4%
    Cruz 4%
    Fiorina: 4%
    Kasich: 3%
    Christie: 3%
    Everyone else: 1% or less

General Election:

Hillary: 45%
    Rand: 42%

Bush, Rubio, Walker, next closest losing by 5%.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Very interesting. Rand's numbers are so low that he's in danger of not even making the first Republican debate a week from Friday, but he still performs better against Hillary in a general election match up than any other Republican. Apparently the GOP doesn't want to win.

GOP primary:

Trump: 19%
    Walker: 17%
    Bush: 12%
    Carson: 10%
    Rubio: 10%
    Huckabee: 8%
    Paul: 4%
    Cruz 4%
    Fiorina: 4%
    Kasich: 3%
    Christie: 3%
    Everyone else: 1% or less

General Election:

Hillary: 45%
    Rand: 42%

Bush, Rubio, Walker, next closest losing by 5%.
    He's not in danger of not making the debates, most people here scare too easy.

RCP still shows him middle of the pack despite some lower polling recently. Even two weeks of polling at 1% won't average him out of the top 10.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

RCP still shows him middle of the pack despite some lower polling recently. Even two weeks of polling at 1% won't average him out of the top 10.
    Fox doesn't go by the RCP average. They're going to take the average of the last 5 credible independent polls that are released. If Rand averaged 4% he would probably be safe, but he can't drop any lower than that, and he's been dropping a lot in the primary polls for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

They are using average of 5 most recent polls

"Candidates must place "in the top 10 of an average of the five most recent national polls, as recognized by Fox News leading up to August 4th at 5 PM/ET"

So there is a possibility of him not making debates should poll numbers continue like this

All of the cross tabs show Rand at 5% in this poll though, so I'm not sure where the 1% discrepancy comes from.

Rand is fine for the debate. Those below him have little to no chance of improving polling numbers. Especially with all the mouth breathers currently polling for that idiot Trump.

Maybe once Trump implodes and the low info vote gets spread out a little more things will change.

I don't know how Trump is getting those numbers, crazy.

I'll admit to being a little worried about Rand's numbers.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's campaign is supposed to be doing media the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Rand's campaign is supposed to be doing media the next week or so.
    The thing is, it's not about how many media appearances you have, it's about how much the media talks about you when you aren't doing an interview.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    The thing is, it's not about how many media appearances you have, it's about how much the media talks about you when you aren't doing an interview.
    Historically, that means Rand doing something newsworthy on the Senate floor.

Clinton 50%, Trump 37%

Clinton 47%, Fiorina 37%

Clinton 48%, Cruz 40%

Clinton 47%, Carson 39%

Clinton 46%, Christie 38%

Clinton 46%, Huckabee 40%

Clinton 46%, Bush 41%

Clinton 46%, Rubio 41%

Clinton 46%, Walker 41%

Clinton 45%, Paul 42%
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Rand favorability broken down:

This is what happens when Rand strays from the principles of liberty and comes out against diplomacy.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post

Trump is fearless and the disenfranchised are responding in kind. That's what is happening.

You must never watch TV ( a good thing!). It's literally wall-to-wall Trump
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You can't be serious right? People on the "right" are NOT happy with either party on certain issues and Trump is tapping into that anger whether it's for the better or worse. The fact that you have both parties attacking Trump and the MAIN newspaper in Iowa calling for Trump to end his presidential campaign, it's a sign that the SYSTEM is SCARED. I'm not a Trump fan but I agree with him on certain points. Lot of my co-workers like that fact that he gives punches instead of being all diplomatic and run of the mill BS that comes out of MOST politicians mouth. A larger portion of the voters want a fighter for America. Trump so far offers that even if you don't agree with him.

I believe in the end the establishment will force him out of the Republican nomination or he will say something stupid the media will continue to pounce on him which the public will get exhausted in a way they are with Hillary. Don't be shocked if Trump runs Independent.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Ron polled better than Obama in 2012 as well.

Didn't stop the addlepated idiots in the Stupid party from nominating a loser.

Won't in 2016 either.

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    This is what happens when Rand strays from the principles of liberty and comes out against diplomacy.
    Yeah. Someone in another thread called him a milquetoast moderate which stuck with me. Even still though, the archetype milquetoast moderate Rubio is polling more than twice what Rand is? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ron polled better than Obama in 2012 as well.

Didn't stop the addlepated idiots in the Stupid party from nominating a loser.

Won't in 2016 either.
    This comment is inaccurate. Ron sometimes polled as well as Obama. Ron usually polled about the same as Romney in matchups versus Obama. Rand is doing better than that. Rand is almost always running better than the mainstream GOP candidates in general election matchups.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Wonder if rand is thinking about bailing to save his senate seat at this point? Does he have any competition?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Wonder if rand is thinking about bailing to save his senate seat at this point? Does he have any competition?
    He's running for both since the Kentucky GOP agreed to change the GOP Presidential primary to a caucus.

Come on... haven't we seen this Trump show before? He's a goofball. If people are serious about him I really don't know what to think anymore.

I really have a hard time picturing him as president.

Prediction: This will result in more neocon pandering from Rand.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Breakdown by "ideology":

Come on... haven't we seen this Trump show before? He's a goofball. If people are serious about him I really don't know what to think anymore.

I really have a hard time picturing him as president.
    So-called conservative SC justice John Roberts saved Obamacare not only once but twice. The slaves have left the plantation and they ain't coming back. Trump is the outlet for this anger. People could care less about his past record, but rather wish to use him to inflict harm on the GOP. I'm 100% on board as well. Let Hillary be POTUS and let the old GOP die.

It looks like a 3 man race based on the breakdown. And I'm hoping for Trump. Don't trust Walker. And we all know about Bush. Give me the loud mouth buffoon billionaire with the massive ego.

On poll numbers

4:33

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    So-called conservative SC justice John Roberts saved Obamacare not only once but twice. The slaves have left the plantation and they ain't coming back. Trump is the outlet for this anger. People could care less about his past record, but rather wish to use him to inflict harm on the GOP. I'm 100% on board as well. Let Hillary be POTUS and let the old GOP die.
    Trump would likely appoint a Ginsburg or Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. The issue of border security is basically the only issue Trump is conservative on.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    This comment is inaccurate. Ron sometimes polled as well as Obama. Ron usually polled about the same as Romney in matchups versus Obama. Rand is doing better than that. Rand is almost always running better than the mainstream GOP candidates in general election matchups.
    I don't feel like digging up the polls right now.

There were polls that showed Ron with the only real chance to beat Obama in key swing states.

Just like now.

And once again, the idiot GOP will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

LOL @ politics.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast