Thread: NSA whistleblower William Binney is advising Rand Paul

NSA whistleblower William Binney is advising Rand Paul

ROBIN: Yeah. Okay, I understand. Interestingly, earlier in the interview -you mentioned Rand Paul, and I want to just ask you a little bit about that because I know for a lot of folks who identify with the liberty movement, there's a certain hopelessness about the electoral process. They believe that any application of people-power to the electoral process is basically hopeless because that process is hopelessly corrupt. Now, is it fair to say that - given that you offered the name of Rand Paul - that you believe, that you apply effort to supporting candidates like him, to shining the light on candidates like him, and that you think it is worth turning out to support folks like Rand Paul - and that it is possible, at least in theory, that a Rand Paul presidency would not become corrupted in the same way that a George W. or a Barack Obama presidency did? Do you believe that?

BILL: Yes, I do because...actually I'm trying to help as much as I can. I mean, if he gets the right advisors and doesn't fall for the bamboozling of the intelligence community, then, he would have it right, and I believe that he will not fall for that. At least, so far, he's evidenced the fact that he wouldn't. He's made it pretty clear that all the existing laws that we had would function well as long as we abided by the constitution.

ROBIN: Yes.

BILL: He's advocating for more intrusive investigation of people who are suspect or in a zone of suspicion around bad guys.

ROBIN: Yeah.

BILL: That's the disciplined, professional approach that really we need to succeed, and he's got that focus and he said that on the floor of the Senate in his filibuster basically for 11 hours down there.

BILL: He said that, and that's really pretty clear. I mean, that's really the way they have to do it. That's the way Anonymous did it; that's why they succeeded.

ROBIN: Yeah.

BILL: Our intelligence community is consistently failing on that. I mean, the FBI is really good at entrapping people, but, you know, those aren't the real threats. I mean the real threats that were coming - fundamentally, most of them succeeded. The ones that failed failed because their devices failed, you know, or some local policeman saw them and stopped them.

ROBIN: Yeah, that makes sense.

BILL: So that should be clear evidence that they're doing something wrong. I mean, after all, if you're running an organization that's not succeeding, you're doing something wrong. You've got to change. That's really pretty simple.

ROBIN: Now, the beginning of that answer, Bill, just to make sure that I was clear. Did I hear you say that you were advising Rand Paul or talking to him about these matters?

BILL: Yeah, we're passing advice to people who are working with him...

ROBIN: Okay.

BILL: ... so that we can try to contribute to him that way.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-...b_7837806.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Robin Koerner is also involved with the campaign apparently.

ROBIN: I see. That makes a lot of sense. And I should say -- full disclosure -- I'm the communications director for Ready for Rand PAC at www.readyforrand.com . So I'm actually delighted to hear that you, one of my heroes, is helping Rand. And, actually more importantly to me, I haven't sat down across the table with Rand Paul and looked the man in the whites of his eyes, and I think it's always important to do that. So I do feel a little better that you feel that he is a man of integrity and that you could even see him, in your mind's eye in office, maintaining that integrity and his belief in the constitution. I certainly hope you're right about that.

here is Bill talking about Rand earlier in the interview:

ROBIN: So what do you think is the end of all of this? I mean, are there any systemic or systematic ways that We The People or maybe good politicians - if there are such things - can undo this? Or do we actually have to wait for it to eat itself because some of our political class are using this abusively derived information against others in the political class, and they tear themselves apart such that, like you say, eventually the higher-ups even get hurt by this. Is that what happens or is there something that we can do to accelerate the end of this nefarious setup?

BILL: Yeah, well, I think there is. It requires that people stand up. I mean, most people think they are powerless, but they're not, they have all the power. I mean, they have the power of the vote that fires everybody, and they also have the power of the purse of not giving money to them and also you can influence corporations by saying if you contribute to them, I'm not going to buy your products anymore. Or you can call up your candidates or people running for office and say: 'if you don't do this, I'm not going to contribute to you, in fact, I'm going to work against you and contribute to the other side and try to find somebody who'd actually try to terminate this activity.' The only one so far in congress that seems really willing to stop it all is Rand Paul.

BILL: The rest of them seem to be going along with it, and they're being duped too because they don't know what they're talking about. They're just misinformed or ill-informed about what going on. They don't really realize that you don't have to sacrifice any privacy to get security.

hmmm... maybe he's not advising Rand directly, but still kind of interesting.

ROBIN: Now, the beginning of that answer, Bill, just to make sure that I was clear. Did I hear you say that you were advising Rand Paul or talking to him about these matters?

BILL: Yeah, we're passing advice to people who are working with him...

ROBIN: Okay.

BILL: ... so that we can try to contribute to him that way.

Wow, I'm impressed that people of such great integrity are supporting Rand Paul! Thank you!

Binney was just on Jones' show the other day and was good to hear as always. I catch Jones late nights on the way home from work here in Ann Arbor on the local conservative talk station rather than online during the day.