Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia declares ‘war’ on cats, plans to kill 2,000,000 cats by 2020

Australia declares ‘war’ on cats, plans to kill 2,000,000 cats by 2020

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...llion-by-2020/

Quote Originally Posted by The Washington Post
    The Australian government announced plans to cull up to 2 million feral cats by 2020 in a bid to preserve dozens of native species that authorities claim face extinction because of the cats' predatory behavior.

Speaking to a national radio station, Gregory Andrews, the country's first threatened-species Commissioner, said Australian Environment Minister Greg Hunt "is declaring war on feral cats, and he's asked me to take charge of that program.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Finally.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

That would be a good start.

Bet those cat videos don't make it on Youtube....

Origanalist should not travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

What about a sensible policy of spaying and neutering, and then letting their numbers whittle themselves down over the course of time?

Any SWAGs on how long before Australia is completely overrun by mice and rats?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Doesn't that continent have a habit of being overrun be various things?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Doesn't that continent have a habit of being overrun be various things?

Yes, as I seem to recall.

Rabbits rings a bell.

Already happening.

Why in the hell would you get rid of the cats?

It seems they would focus on the rat and spider infestations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Already happening.

Why in the hell would you get rid of the cats?

It seems they would focus on the rat and spider infestations.

Don't forget snakes.

Maybe they just need to swap out the ones they have for some hungrier ones.

Now if they exported the excess feral cats to China, there could be a win-win...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    What about a sensible policy of spaying and neutering, and then letting their numbers whittle themselves down over the course of time?
    It's probably a lot cheaper and easier to just shoot or poison them. Trapping two million cats and having veterinarians neuter and spay them seems like a huge hassle, and sounds much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Now if they exported the excess feral cats to China, there could be a win-win...
    That's just wrong but I laughed.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It's probably a lot cheaper and easier to just shoot or poison them. Trapping two million cats and having veterinarians neuter and spay them seems like a huge hassle, and sounds much more expensive.
    Feed 'em poisoned rodents then just clean up the carcasses. (Turn 'em into compost?)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Feed 'em poisoned rodents then just clean up the carcasses. (Turn 'em into compost?)
    Compost? No. Rendering - The final destination for all animal remains. Send that gutter oil to China! May the schmaltz be with you.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Compost? No. Rendering - The final destination for all animal remains. Send that gutter oil to China! May the schmaltz be with you.

Someone has been encouraging my bad behavior with +rep.

Someone has been encouraging my bad behavior with +rep.
    Keep it up, I've got more where that came from.

Bring back the Thylacine!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

I hate cats.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I hate cats.
    I don't hate them. I just like every other animal better.

I don't hate them. I just like every other animal better.
    Just wait 'till your favorite Chinesse restaurant get shut down by the health inspectors because of cats hanging in the freezer, then you too will hate cats.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just wait 'till your favorite Chinesse restaurant get shut down by the health inspectors because of cats hanging in the freezer, then you too will hate cats.
    Now that you mention that, over the years I have noticed a very close proximity between several pet stores and Chinese restaurants. EWWWWWW! <Yuck>

Don't order the Daily Special.

Now that you mention that, over the years I have noticed a very close proximity between several pet stores and Chinese restaurants. EWWWWWW! <Yuck>

Don't order the Daily Special.
    One in our town opened up right next door to Petsmart. They went out of business rather quickly.

One in our town opened up right next door to Petsmart. They went out of business rather quickly.
    Which one? The Chinese restaurant? ... Or the Petsmart?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Which one? The Chinese restaurant? ... Or the Petsmart?

The Chinese Buffet...

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...llion-by-2020/ Originally Posted by The Washington Post The Australian government announced plans to cull up to 2 million feral cats by 2020 in a bid to preserve dozens of native species that authorities claim face extinction because of the cats' predatory behavior.

Speaking to a national radio station, Gregory Andrews, the country's first threatened-species Commissioner, said Australian Environment Minister Greg Hunt "is declaring war on feral cats, and he's asked me to take charge of that program.
    Pussy genocidal maniacs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast