Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Popularity Contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Sorry there are just too many totally awesome guys to choose from.
    Do you judge a man by the size of his rep bar?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Do you judge a man by the size of his rep bar?
    Haha!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Occam's Banana.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Okay for a guy I'm going to nominate BuddyRey posthumously.

Seconded!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Osan
    This^^ That good fellow creates webbernet literary masterpieces just about every time he posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

R.I.P. :'( Still haven't totally recovered from that loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Lots of great nominations and one I assume is a prank. I will nominate Acala and Steven Douglas here's Steven's profile, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member....Steven-Douglas
    lots of great posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Lots of great nominations and one I assume is a prank. I will nominate Acala and Steven Douglas here's Steven's profile, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member....Steven-Douglas
    lots of great posts.
    I don't think it's fair to allow double nominations. I'll put you down for Steven Douglas.

Suzanimal nominated like 10 people, a subforum, and Giraffes! (I used her top pick )
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 07-21-2015 at 04:30 PM.

lots of great posts.
    Man, I forgot about Steven. He was a good poster. He hasn't posted in a long time. Hey, you'tre a good poster, too, Henry.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kludge. I know he seems to have become a bad boy, but his posts were awesome. Also Truth Warrior. And I liked ....forgot his name. You know, the troll hunter.

And of course DevilsAdvocate...
    Last edited by Danke; 07-21-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thirdly!

Also posthumously WilliamC.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Ok, I'm not sure how to handle to posthumous nominations. It would seem wrong to have a separate category for us to judge who the "best posthumous poster" is. However at the same time, the posthumous nominees are sure to be super popular and all make it on the poll. Then we'd have the same problem, trying to judge which posthumous poster is better than the other.

This seems wrong to me, a little distasteful. I think just out of respect, I'm not going to put them in the poll. These guys deserve their own special recognition threads.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Michael View Post
    Man, I forgot about Steven. He was a good poster. He hasn't posted in a long time. Hey, you'tre a good poster, too, Henry.
    I am not worthy, but thanks.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Seconded!
    *raises hand* count me in on this...I miss him.

I am not worthy, but thanks.
    Oh yes you are!

I need to add Henry Rogue to my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Oh yes you are!

Agreed.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Oh yes you are!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Agreed.
    Thank You both, but my Original Post quantity and quality is lacking and I just don't have the patience to type out in depth posts very often. I start to, but then I end up deleting it.

Peace.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Definitely Suzanimal! Funny and interesting comments.

lots of great posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    I don't think it's fair to allow double nominations. I'll put you down for Steven Douglas.
    Acala's gotta be on there. So put me down for Acala.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Danke and flightlesskiwi

KC, Occam, tod evans, Acala, Steven Douglas, and a whole $#@! load of others. I've learned a lot here, and I appreciate it. Thanks.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
    Danke and flightlesskiwi

I miss flightlesskiwi.

I'm going to give donnay honorable mention. Some of her threads, like the oregano oil thread, are very interesting.

Oft-maligned heavenlyboy34's My first Divine Liturgy experience is a special thread. Not everyone would put their spiritual growth journey right out there for a crowd like this one.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Mini Me.

Wish he would post more.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Kludge. I know he seems to have become a bad boy, but his posts were awesome. Also Truth Warrior. And I liked ....forgot his name. You know, the troll hunter.

And of course DevilsAdvocate...
    Yongrel

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Mini Me.
    Seconded!

I can't believe nobody nominated Matt Collins yet

I vote for Suz. I can't count the times she's caused me to spew my drink on the keys. Go Suz!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast