Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNN explains Rand's "absence"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I also think that Rand is wise to stay out of it. The liberal media enjoys a GOP sideshow, and doesn't hesitate to use the Trump to boost their own web hits. But electorally, there's nothing to be gained by promoting party in-fighting.
    I was browsing demo underground yesterday, and they are loving the Trump stuff. They want it to keep going forever, since it has taken Hillary attacks off the front page the past few days. Maybe Donald is running interference for her.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe the Giuliani moment was Rudy attacking Ron and he just defended himself. Rand was going to be the punching bag of most of these guys until Trump. Heck, Lindsey Graham pretty much ran just to attack Rand Paul. But guess what, all the "moderates" and establishment folks are going to try and rough up Trump at their own peril.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    I believe the Giuliani moment was Rudy attacking Ron and he just defended himself. Rand was going to be the punching bag of most of these guys until Trump. Heck, Lindsey Graham pretty much ran just to attack Rand Paul. But guess what, all the "moderates" and establishment folks are going to try and rough up Trump at their own peril.
    Exactly! Rand shouldnt fall into the trap of attacking Trump.

The main reason to get national attention now is because it's a cheap and easy way to affect IA, NH, and SC. Since Rand is largely not getting that attention, he has to be on the ground in those early states.

Joining in on the food fight with Trump would only make him look bad, and the Pauls already have a problem with being cast as fringe crazies. When Trump self-destructs, his supporters will be looking around for the next anti-establishment conservative to back. Rand needs to be positioned well to capitalize on this. That means staying up in the polls and making progress in those early states.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    this.

however, he has fought back at trump...he publicly thanked mccain for his service.

no need to get into a word fight with trump...you cant "trump" the level of stupidity trump is willing to spew. So, best to avoid it.
    Why is it one can't trump stupidity? Please elaborate. Shouldn't stupidity by the most vulnerable of positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Maybe Donald is running interference for her.
    Ding Ding! Thread winner.

Why can't Rand simply, and calmly, posit the question of "Why did Donald Trump donate to Hillary Clinton?" And leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Why can't Rand simply, and calmly, posit the question of "Why did Donald Trump donate to Hillary Clinton?" And leave it at that.
    Donald already answered that question - I bribe everybody. They all come to me and ask for money.

Last edited by timosman; 07-22-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    DO not attack Donald Trump. He will eventually implode. Just leave him alone.
    Exactly, I totally agree.

And besides, I look at Trump as doing Rand a favor.. With his extreme outspokenness he makes Rand look mild, and may even cause traditional republicans to look at Rand in a more positive light. At least Rand isn't the current whipping boy at the moment, that every candidate is taking a shot at. I truly think Rand will gain more respect among party faithful by the time Trump is all said and done.

Why is it one can't trump stupidity? Please elaborate. Shouldn't stupidity by the most vulnerable of positions?
    Never argue with an idiot. They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because it is a stupid argument that Trump has already addressed and it would cause Trump to attack Rand (something he has to this point generally avoided).

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Because it is a stupid argument that Trump has already addressed
    Are you referring to the Hannity interview in April? How is it a "stupid" argument when his explanation is that he finds it acceptable to fund whomever is in office or likely to be in office? It's practical but not principled. A candidate's principles and credibility are potentially very important images for voters.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Fashion faux pas - the tip of a tie is supposed to terminate at the belt line. Donald's is plunging way below. Notwithstanding the nascent push back against the entire concept of wearing ties.

http://www.ryot.org/still-wearing-ties/452153

Fashion faux pas - the tip of a tie is supposed to terminate at the belt line. Donald's is plunging way below. Notwithstanding the nascent push back against the entire concept of wearing ties.
    Wrong glass, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Rand needs to attack Trump, and attack him HARD
    Why?

Rand needs to stay in the top 10 in polls. Right now, that's all that needs to be done in the media sphere. (other than not making stupid statements on policy and treaties)
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12