Thread: Surfer Attacked On Live TV During Contest By Shark

Surfer Attacked On Live TV During Contest By Shark

Pro surfer Mick Fanning fends off attacking shark during J-Bay Open

Fanning, 34, from Australia, said later during a World Surf Tour broadcast: “I had this instinct that something was behind me. Then, the thing came up. I saw the whole thing just thrashing around. I was getting dragged under by my leg rope. I felt like I punched it a couple of times….

“My leg rope broke. I started just swimming and swimming. I was screaming,” he said.

Read more at http://www.grindtv.com/surf/pro-surf...koUOtiQssxq.99

"The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Serves him right for competing in a shark's contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Amazing.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Chester Copperpot

one source claimed it was a pair of sharks.. either way hes lucky

Those Sharks need remedial hunting training, otherwise they could starve.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Today , I have a special on Oyarde's World Famous shark repellent .

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The government should do something.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The government should do something.
    I suggest feeding the sharks leftists . The leftists will not be armed with my shark repellent and once you tell them it is a govt program, they will know it is good .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Serves him right for competing in a shark's contest.
    I was picturing an old-timey duel, dudes in wigs and snuff boxes, slapping each other with sharks, and a surfer photobombs it so they both kick his ass.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

As a surfer I do not live in a area that is probably as notorious for sharks as maybe n. Cali but east NC outer banks does have its fair share of sharks. I have seen them swimming under me, but I have never been scared of getting attacked. Usually I just smack the water and scare it away my impression is that sharks are just big fishys.

Only time I ever have gotten scared is when fish start jumping all around me all of a sudden, even big ones. That's when I know that the food chain is very active.

However this year there have been 8 attacks within a couple hours of beach locations and several of the attacks are at beaches I either frequent now, or used to live at (surf city has had 2 attacks) and for this reason i can't help but be a little nervous when I am in he surf zone....
    No - No - No - No

Why was he contesting against a shark? What were the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    As a surfer I do not live in a area that is probably as notorious for sharks as maybe n. Cali but east NC outer banks does have its fair share of sharks. I have seen them swimming under me, but I have never been scared of getting attacked. Usually I just smack the water and scare it away my impression is that sharks are just big fishys.

Only time I ever have gotten scared is when fish start jumping all around me all of a sudden, even big ones. That's when I know that the food chain is very active.

However this year there have been 8 attacks within a couple hours of beach locations and several of the attacks are at beaches I either frequent now, or used to live at (surf city has had 2 attacks) and for this reason i can't help but be a little nervous when I am in he surf zone....
    Luckily for you very few of the attacks on the US east coast are fatal. That was a big shark that attacked that surfer! It was really freaky watching the actual televised surfing event video. The announcers were speechless. All one announcer said was "Holy $#@!." Another thing I thought was weird was that they avoided using the word "shark". I wonder if it's kinda like the "N" word for surfers. I'm wondering what kind of shark that was. It looked like a great white to me, but I haven't heard any experts comment on it which is odd since they have excellent video. Usually after an attack the experts seem to know the exact length and species even thought know one ever saw it.