View Poll Results: How do you see John McCain?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCain is an American hero

0 0%
  • McCain is not an American hero

43 59.72%
  • McCain is an American war hero

4 5.56%
  • McCain is not an American war hero

32 44.44%
  • McCain is a dummy

34 47.22%
  • McCain is not a dummy

2 2.78%
  • Other

14 19.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you see McCain as an American hero?

Do you see McCain as an American hero?

In the context of recent Trump statement about McCain, do you see Mccain as an American hero? Vote in the mutiple choice poll.

Trump questions McCain's bravery, says 'he is not a war hero'
    CNN-8 hours ago

Lindsey Graham, Rick Perry and others have attacked Trump for disrerspecting McCain.

Graham: McCain deserves 'recognition and respect'

The Hill (blog)-4 hours ago
    Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Saturday said Donald Trump is not serious about becoming president after he mocked Sen. John McCain ...

On a related note, this kind of talk is not new for Trump, he has made disrespectful statements about Rove, DGP and others too.

Donald J. Trump Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

.@FoxNews You shouldn’t have @KarlRove on the air—he’s a clown with zero credibility—a Bushy!

Retweets 415
    • Favorites 733

8:02 AM - 16 Jul 2015

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol, no. I have high standards for the word 'hero'.

The media's definition of hero includes 'anyone who joins the military'.

If someone's actions in a war were heroic, could they happen in any war, or must they at least be in a proper war?

Do you see a person that agreed to do a drug run into another country for money and then gets busted by customs and thrown in a foreign jail as a hero?

That's pretty much what I see a Vietnam POW as, without knowing the specifics of their quest and conditions of imprisonment.

Obviously, different if they were drafted.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

McCain is a war zero. Not only is he responsible for killing over 135 sailors on the U.S. Forestal; but he took down three planes as a pilot; which taking down ONE is life long sin in the military (unless shot down). His father John Sidney "Jack" McCain, Jr. was a United States Navy admiral, who had the ability to usher his son away from all the devastation he caused and cover all of it up. John McCain is the biggest piece of chit that every walked this planet. That bastard would be working in taco bell right now, if not for the position of his Admiral father. And I have my doubts he could even hold a taco bell job.

Jan2017

No

. . . the war hero who people would logically imagine as a determined crusader for the
    interests of POWs and their families became instead the strange champion of hiding the evidence and closing the books.
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...-pow-cover-up/

POWs and their families - and all Americans - can only ask . . . why ? What would McCain want to hide ?

McCain rhetoric sounds like no hero either . . .

McCain has insisted again and again that all the evidence—documents, witnesses, satellite photos,
    two Pentagon chiefs’ sworn testimony, aborted rescue missions, ransom offers apparently scorned—
    has been woven together by unscrupulous deceivers to create an insidious and unpatriotic myth.

He calls it the “bizarre rantings of the MIA hobbyists.” He has regularly vilified those who keep trying
    to pry out classified documents as “hoaxers,” “charlatans,” “conspiracy theorists,” and “dime-store Rambos.”

Trump was bang on with this one the love fest that the Westren News Media is showing towards McCain is disgusting. A war hero is now someone who bombs cities and villages right?

McCain, in my personal view, is a tyrant. I'm sorry but that is just how I feel about it. And although I'm glad to see that Trump is keeping critical discussion relevant and I'm glad that he isn't allowing the news entertainment platforms to control the terms of controversy, I don't see him as any less authoritarian than McCain.

There is no such thing as a war hero if you ask me, though. I oppose modern warfare. Especially military occupation that exists only to lay the groundwork for economic occupation by mercantilist oligarchs. This is trading the blood of our families who are in military service for natural resources abroad. Nothing else. Wars aren't fought for our freedom. That is a ruse. Common propaganda for the symbol minded. So, again...no such thing as a war hero in my view.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 07-19-2015 at 03:14 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Sure. He's a hero of the American Empire. That's why I try not to identify as an American.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

trump is just as asinine as john mccain.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

His hero is so hero-ie that it's super.

Despicable person no matter what his body count is, as it's still growing.

Hell no!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I will see Ma Cain as a hero when he put a rope on as a necktie and jumps out the window.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

You forgot the "McCain is an embarrassment to the human race and the entire space time continuum" option. In fact, I'm pretty sure McCain is Biff Tannen from the alternate 1985 version of Hill Valley.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Control freak who uses fear.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    No

POWs and their families - and all Americans - can only ask . . . why ? What would McCain want to hide ?

McCain rhetoric sounds like no hero either . . .

Very enlightening video.
    Thanks.

I would up the ante, and state that not only is McCain a dummy...but he's actually a big dummy head.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

What heroic things did John McaCain ever do?

Who the hell voted that McCain is a hero and not a dummy.... SHOW YOURSELF! lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I can't decide who was more disgusting: Lieberman or McCain.

The media and neocons lined up today to say "McCain was a POW for five years" so he's a war hero, end of discussion. So, what about Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was a POW for five years? Why are the details of Bergdahl's capture subject to critical scrutiny, while the details of McCain's capture not subject to critical scrutiny?
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Soldiers are state paid killers and deserve zero respect.

Anyone who serves in a combat role and does so without any misconduct, is a war hero, IMO.

I am appalled at some of McCain's pro-war positions (especially after all he went through and experienced in combat.) You would think he would align more with Ron Paul, but he didn't. In that respect, yes, I do agree that he's a dummy.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    The media and neocons lined up today to say "McCain was a POW for five years" so he's a war hero, end of discussion. So, what about Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was a POW for five years? Why are the details of Bergdahl's capture subject to critical scrutiny, while the details of McCain's capture not subject to critical scrutiny?
    I think the rules are pretty clear...

Serve the state: Hero
    Fight the state: Terrorist/Traitor/Communist/etc
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

geeze. terrible. horrible. we'll be disliked as much as Trump for these thought crimes and heart intentions.

McCain is a authoritarian war criminal and needs to get arrested immediately.

Trump is turning on other respectable, well funded neoconservatives too:

Trump calls Lindsey Graham 'idiot'

Presidential hopeful Donald Trump persisted in his attacks on fellow Republicans on Tuesday, calling U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham an "idiot" and giving out the South Carolina lawmaker‘s cellphone number during a campaign rally.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/elections/trump-calls-lindsey-graham-idiot-gives-out-senators-cellphone-number

Jul 31, 2008

This morning, Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) held a press conference to express their “pleasure” about President Bush’s statement this morning regarding what he described as “encouraging news from Iraq” and “the success of the surge.”
    Lieberman then announced that he and Graham would do their part in celebrating the surge by introducing a resolution in the Senate “recognizing” its “strategic success” in “the central front in the war on terror.”
    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...an-surge-9-11/

Calling McCain a hero is an insult to all the real heroes out there

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/07...-can-of-worms/
    http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pra...for-president/
    http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/pow-case-...e-as-war-hero/
    http://truthuncensored.net/john-mcca....QFAQh0R3.dpbs

33 POWs faced execution for treason after Vietnam until Nixon pardoned all POWs. McCain was on the list of the 33, in fact at the head of it.

Here are the facts as we know them:

According to Colonel Ted Guy, John McCain’s commander as a POW, McCain collaborated with the enemy.
    McCain is accused of giving information that led to the downing of 60 US aircraft
    McCain is accused of training North Vietnamese air defense personnel
    McCain is accused of making over 30 propaganda broadcasts against the US, broadcasts he moved to have classified when he was elected to the senate
    link

link
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 07-21-2015 at 06:52 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast