Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "When a cop shows up you're not in charge even if it is your house"

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Can somebody explain why you can not sue the cop personally in addition to the department ? I think the sexual harassment cases can be brought up against the company and the person involved at the same time. Cops are not exactly poor.
    It's easy... it is determined by whether or not the cop was "acting within the scope of his authority". If he is 'within scope' the department has his back in tort claims. If he is found to be 'out of scope' then he is on his own since he was outside his authority.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    When a nazi officer comes into your home and asks you if you are a jew, you try to convince him you're not a jew, not tell him to $#@! off and spit in his face.
    There was one other alternative, but that would have involved a Mauser rifle and ammunition.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    There was one other alternative, but that would have involved a Mauser rifle and ammunition.
    You should see a doctor, proctologist would be a good choice. Might be able to locate your head.

So then are you prepared to shoot a cop that breaks into your home? I've had cops in my backyard that were investigating a break in because my neighbor saw someone suspicious trying to break into my other neighbor's house. I didn't know until after the fact. Should they have been shot for trespassing? People have been charged with murder for shooting and killing intruders. I'm not going to be that $#@!ing guy who gets charged for murder for shooting an intruder, when I can dissolve the situation without lethal force. Yes, this has happened, and people on juries are not the best or brightest, either. A lot of jury members treat it as nothing more than a chore and will happily throw you into prison so they can end a case quick and get on with their lives. And this situation is a lot different than someone breaking into your home at 3am in the morning with a gun. That's shoot on sight. Their first mistake was answering the door for cops when they didn't have a warrant in the first place.
    false dilemma: there is a huge difference between shooting someone roaming around you backyard without speaking a word and shooting some law breaking idiot who just burst into you home. if you're not ready to shoot anyone who breaks into your home who is there to do you and yours harm you have failed all those you are charged to protect.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1:40 she talked to him like a child, got him angry, then she got the nude arrest. I never said she deserved anything, but she didn't help her $#@!ty situation by doing that, that's all I'm saying. Look at the little smirk she gives him, cops hate that $#@!.
    HE BROKE INTO HER HOUSE! I'm not sure what isn't clear about that to you, it's like saying someone broke into your house and then they had the right to arrest you because you were rude to them. O wait that is what happened.

She has an estranged husband. I wonder why!

Poisoning the well.

You should see a doctor, proctologist would be a good choice. Might be able to locate your head.
    see my sig.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

So then are you prepared to shoot a cop that breaks into your home? I've had cops in my backyard that were investigating a break in because my neighbor saw someone suspicious trying to break into my other neighbor's house. I didn't know until after the fact. Should they have been shot for trespassing? People have been charged with murder for shooting and killing intruders. I'm not going to be that $#@!ing guy who gets charged for murder for shooting an intruder, when I can dissolve the situation without lethal force. Yes, this has happened, and people on juries are not the best or brightest, either. A lot of jury members treat it as nothing more than a chore and will happily throw you into prison so they can end a case quick and get on with their lives. And this situation is a lot different than someone breaking into your home at 3am in the morning with a gun. That's shoot on sight. Their first mistake was answering the door for cops when they didn't have a warrant in the first place.
    I will defend my home from unwarranted intruders.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

C'mon what's wrong with Germans ? They are not different from Americans. The Milgram experiment proved that:

"I would say, on the basis of having observe a thousand people in the experiment and having my own intuition shaped and informed by these experiments, that if a system of death camps were set up in the United States of the sort we had seen in Nazi Germany, one would find sufficient personnel for those camps in any medium-sized American town."
    I agree wholeheartedly. If we started rounding up muslims in this country and killing them you would have the largest job growth in American history.

Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Is this the "Liberty, unless it's the Authorities", Forum?

NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Is this the "Liberty, unless it's the Authorities", Forum?
    No, it's apparently the "shoot cops first, ask questions later" forum

Let's examine what I initially said, because I'm sure some of you jumped on the "hate all cops!" bandwagon without even reading it

Ok I hate cop abuse like any other forumgoer here, but she was snotty as hell to the cops. Psshawww, are you done? You can still be respectful and reserve your rights without being a bitch. Not saying the cop is right, but it doesn't help when you purposefully provoke these people.
    Exhibit A: I say I hate cop abuse
    Exhibit B: I say she was being rude to the cops
    Exhibit C: I said the cop wasn't right

I guarantee you if she just told the cop everything at the house is fine and there's no problem, they would have left, then she could file a complaint/sue them for unlawful entry. Her first mistake was answering the door when they didn't even have a warrant. That let them segue into just running right into her house. I'm not blaming the victim, because no one forced the cops to break the law, but at the same time you need to know how to deal with dangerous people. Choosing your battles is a $#@!ing strategy, not being a boot-licking pussy.

Furthermore, using a weapon to defend herself wasn't even an OPTION at that point, because either she A. didn't have a weapon or B. the cops were already there and obviously wouldn't let her go and grab a rifle.
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 07-16-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

No, it's apparently the "shoot cops first, ask questions later" forum
    The time is coming when America will be a greater despotic tyranny than was Hitler's Germany, and when that day comes, it will be the duty of every American to choose what and whom they will honor. My recognition of the forces that are coalescing and aligning today, does not mean that I am carrying weapons to the front door every time I hear a rattle, but it does mean that I am preparing myself, emotionally spiritually and physically, for the violent times that will come in the future. When that day comes, as it inevitably will, that the official forces of our government are carting people off in cattle cars, I will not quietly submit, and I will not go gracefully into that dark night. I will fight, tooth and nail if needs be, to preserve the liberty with which we have been endowed. They may disarm me, but my barrel will be cherry red hot, I will be dead, and my bayonet will be coated in the blood of my enemies.

The time is coming, and is even closer than people realize, that fighting will not be a matter of choice but survival.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    The time is coming when America will be a greater despotic tyranny than was Hitler's Germany, and when that day comes, it will be the duty of every American to choose what and whom they will honor. My recognition of the forces that are coalescing and aligning today, does not mean that I am carrying weapons to the front door every time I hear a rattle, but it does mean that I am preparing myself, emotionally spiritually and physically, for the violent times that will come in the future. When that day comes, as it inevitably will, that the official forces of our government are carting people off in cattle cars, I will not quietly submit, and I will not go gracefully into that dark night. I will fight, tooth and nail if needs be, to preserve the liberty with which we have been endowed. They may disarm me, but my barrel will be cherry red hot, I will be dead, and my bayonet will be coated in the blood of my enemies.

The time is coming, and is even closer than people realize, that fighting will not be a matter of choice but survival.
    I don't disagree
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Stop scaring people. The system collapse is a completely survivable event. One day you wake up and you local TV newscaster wears a uniform with their real ranks.
    A year or two later the new system is in place and life goes on. Plenty of opportunities to make money for those who are not scared.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

That was traumatic to watch, especially hearing her young daughter crying in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    It's easy... it is determined by whether or not the cop was "acting within the scope of his authority". If he is 'within scope' the department has his back in tort claims. If he is found to be 'out of scope' then he is on his own since he was outside his authority.
    Well then since he stepped out of his scope of authority he should be tried as a civilian obviously, and the body cam (on the other officer I think) was unlawfully recording inside of her home. Houses aren't public property.

- Edward R. Murrow

Holy $#@!, you're obsessing over what word I used to describe someone like a $#@!ing SJW. Would it be better if I used a gender neutral word?
    I don't give a $#@! about the particular words you used. I merely cited them as evidence of your disparagement of and contempt for someone who did nothing to deserve either of those things. If this had been a man, and you had mocked him as a "boorish bastard," I would have cited those words instead - and would otherwise have replied in exactly the same way for exactly the same reasons.

So you'll have to find some other way to deflect than by whining about how you're being persecuted by a "social justice warrior." (I guess anyone who has the temerity to think you're an ass for rudely criticizing someone for standing up to a goon cop must be some kinda "cultural Marxist," too - amirite?)

You already said you would not do the same thing so I suppose your balls are missing too.
    No, I didn't say I wouldn't. I only said I "likely" or "maybe" wouldn't. I self-deprecatingly hedged my bets because I simply don't know. I've never been put to that test.

But if it comes to it and it turns out that my balls were indeed missing, then unlike you, I would not try to compensate for my lack of testicular fortitude by mocking & deriding those whose balls were NOT missing. (Nor would I asininely declare that I was not "blaiming" them while simultanously doing just that by expressing several variations on the theme of "they did it to themselves.")

Your argument has gone from disagreeing with me to flogging my character as a human being. So by all means, keep insulting me. I'm not going to apologize for my opinion. There's nothing left to gain from this thiread.
    LOL. From your very first post in this thread, you have been "flogging" someone's "character as a human being."

And when someone calls you on it, you hide behind fatuous accusations of "SJW!!" and hypocritical whingings about how "insulted" you are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I don't give a $#@! about the particular words you used. I merely cited them as evidence of your disparagement of and contempt for someone who did nothing to deserve either of those things. If this had been a man, and you had mocked him as a "boorish bastard," I would have cited those words instead - and would otherwise have replied in exactly the same way for exactly the same reasons.

So you'll have to find some other way to deflect than by whining about how you're being persecuted by a "social justice warrior." (I guess anyone who has the temerity to think you're an ass for rudely criticizing someone for standing up to a goon cop must be some kinda "cultural Marxist," too - amirite?)

No, I didn't say I wouldn't. I only said I "likely" or "maybe" wouldn't. I self-deprecatingly hedged my bets because I simply don't know. I've never been put to that test.

But if it comes to it and it turns out that my balls were indeed missing, then unlike you, I would not try to compensate for my lack of testicular fortitude by mocking & deriding those whose balls were NOT missing. (Nor would I asininely declare that I was not "blaiming" them while simultanously doing just that by expressing several variations on the theme of "they did it to themselves.")

LOL. From your very first post in this thread, you have been "flogging" someone's "character as a human being."

And when someone calls you on it, you hide behind fatuous accusations of "SJW!!" and hypocritical whingings about how "insulted" you are ...
    I understand. Are you done?

- Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Fake tears, fake outrage, she is just trying to get a payday
    Good point. Cops breaking into your home and stripping you naked in front of your daughter is not cause for anger or tears.

Deal with it you peon mu'$#@!ers - Officer Joe Donut
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Indeed. Choose this day whom you will serve. I have a oath to the citizens of this country in the form of its Constitution. Among the rights to be protected is the right to be secure in one's home. When officials violate the rights of the people, the citizenry is justified in taking measures to secure their rights, including the right of revolution to the death of officials who have violated their oaths.

Any number of people in this country decry the loss of liberty and failure of the Constitution to protect them. The Constitution merely gives notice of the circumstances the citizenry may call public officials to account by force of arms, or any other means the citizens think proper.

That is what keeps government in line.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like to think of the Constitution as a roadmap to keeping the Government in check.

The citizens have not followed it and instead of ending up in Liberty City, they've ended up in Fascism Square.

Sometimes it's not the tool that has failed but the persons using it.
    We Must Dissent.

It's easy to be brave on the internet, but I had a cop pull a gun on me in person and it's not a very comfortable feeling, especially when I'm in a state where being armed outside of your home automatically makes you a criminal. Ironically, that's the reason he pulled the gun on me, because he thought my cellphone was a gun. You need to choose your battles. I was stupid anyway because I pulled my cellphone off my belt to show him it wasn't a gun. I almost got my dumb ass killed. SO maybe my advice isn't the best.
    Wow, well it sure was a good thing that the police officer was there to put you back into "check". You must have been like totally out of control before that man.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Wow, well it sure was a good thing that the police officer was there to put you back into "check". You must have been like totally out of control before that man.
    Wow I'm glad you think me almost getting shot by a cop is so hilarious.

- Edward R. Murrow

Maybe, that was a knock on your door, to be more prepared.?.?.? instead of a moment to gather more fear.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Maybe, that was a knock on your door, to be more prepared.?.?.? instead of a moment to gather more fear.
    It wasn't at my home. What's the solution, carry a gun when I'm walking around in public? Are you going to be my lawyer trying to help acquit me of weapons charges in front of a drone jury? The people around us are as much of an enemy as the cops are.
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 07-16-2015 at 11:33 PM.

- Edward R. Murrow

Oh come on now, well are all perfectly aware that being all uppity in the presence of such law enforcement eminence is worthy of at least a good Tasering or two for contempt of cop.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Oh come on now, well are all perfectly aware that being all uppity in the presence of such law enforcement eminence is worthy of at least a good Tasering for two for contempt of cop.
    I don't understand. What's the difference if a cop or a common criminal holds you to gun point? You're going to flip either of them off and tell them to eat your shorts? Please.

- Edward R. Murrow

I don't understand. What's the difference if a cop or a common criminal holds you to gun point? You're going to flip either of them off and tell them to eat your shorts? Please.
    Only badasses like me can pull that off.
    We Must Dissent.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Only badasses like me can pull that off.
    Going to get yourself shot to earn some street cred? When the officer asks you to put your hands in the air, put them in your pockets like you just don't care

- Edward R. Murrow

Going to get yourself shot to earn some street cred? When the officer asks you to put your hands in the air, put them in your pockets like you just don't care
    Change your name man......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast