Thread: College sex trials, sucks to be male

College sex trials, sucks to be male

How many have they hung out to dry before one had the ability to take 'em to a state sanctioned "court"?

UC San Diego didn't give male student fair trial in sex case, judge rules

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...713-story.html

San Diego failed to give a fair trial to a male student it found responsible for sexual misconduct last year by refusing to allow him to fully confront and cross-examine his accuser, a judge has ruled.

In what is believed to be the first ruling against the University of California in a sexual misconduct case, San Diego County Superior Court Judge Joel M. Pressman found there was insufficient evidence to support charges that the student, identified only as John Doe, had pressed a classmate to engage in sexual activity against her will in February 2014. Pressman ordered the university to drop its finding against Doe and all sanctions, including a suspension of one year and a quarter.

"It's a huge relief," said Doe, who asked for anonymity to protect his future academic and career plans.

In a statement Monday, UC San Diego said officials were "continuing to evaluate the decision, including whether to appeal," and had no further comment.

The case is being watched nationally, as concern has grown that the intensified crackdown on campus sexual assault over the last few years has skewed too far against those accused, violating their due process rights. Last fall, 28 Harvard Law School faculty members published an opinion article condemning their campus procedures on sexual assault cases as lacking "the most basic elements of fairness and due process" and "overwhelmingly stacked against the accused."

Fatima Goss Graves, vice-president of the National Women's Law Center in Washington D.C., said schools are continuing to struggle with striking the right balance in assuring a fair procedure for both the accused and accuser. She said, however, that her center continues to hear regularly from "students who tried to report a sexual assault to their school and were treated terribly."

Last month, for instance, three current and former UC Berkeley students sued the university system for allegedly failing to adequately respond to their sexual assault complaints.

In the San Diego case, Doe met the accuser, identified as Jane Roe, at a party in January 2014 and began a sexual relationship later that month. Both sides agreed that at least some of the sex was consensual. But four months later, in June, Roe filed a complaint alleging three instances of sexual misconduct in late January and early February, all of which Doe denied.

Elena Acevedo Dalcourt, UC San Diego's campus complaint resolution officer, found insufficient evidence for two of the charges but determined that the third allegation of digital penetration without consent was valid.

In December, a university hearing panel affirmed those findings and recommended sanctions, including a one-quarter suspension, sexual harassment training and counseling. After Doe sent a letter of response to Dean Sherry L. Mallory, she increased the sanctions to a one-year suspension, which would have required him to reapply for admission to the campus, among other things.

In an opinion issued Friday, Pressman said the university failed to hold a fair trial because the official who headed the misconduct hearing asked Roe only nine of 32 questions submitted by Doe. Officials also improperly allowed Dalcourt's findings to be used in the hearing without allowing Doe to confront the complaint officer, who did not attend. Nor was Doe given access to any statements by 14 witnesses or Roe's own interview statements.

Pressman also found the university "abused its discretion" in increasing sanctions against Doe after he appealed without explaining why.

"While the Court respects the university's determination to address sexual abuse and violence on its campus....the hearing against petitioner was unfair," Pressman wrote.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Men should consider staying away from women on campus. Seriously. Just stay away from women. One false accusation and you're toast. A college campus is the least safe place for a man to be. Better still, go to a local school and live at home. Save some money and get out with a decent reputation.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Men should consider staying away from women on campus. Seriously. Just stay away from women. One false accusation and you're toast. A college campus is the least safe place for a man to be. Better still, go to a local school and live at home. Save some money and get out with a decent reputation.
    That's good advice.

But speaking as a man who was young quite a while ago, not very practical.

Especially for youngsters who are partiers...

Even in HS there was a group of us that used to cruise the local Baptist Bible University for loose women, much easier pickin's than the state college.....

I pity today's youngsters.

Not a very helpful advise either for man or woman. A better advise would be to be very careful who you decide to hookup with, get their number and communicate after the hookup. This way, you know immediately if there's going to be any problem and start plotting your defense. That's assuming you didn't rape anyone

Also false accusation just means you get kicked off campus, there's really no jail time or monetary fines involved. Play your cards right and you can still graduate somewhere else with your degree. Its not like your permanent files comes with your college transcripts

i can't imagine going to school in today's environment. There is just too much tension. School is for learning.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

i can't imagine going to school in today's environment. There is just too much tension. School is for learning.
    In the 70's learnin' sat second chair, have things changed?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In the 70's learnin' sat second chair, have things changed?
    Same in the 80's. I learned...stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

You are looking at a few incidents about millions and millions of hookups and relationships that happens in college. This crisis is being blown out just like many other issues in the 24 hrs news cycle America. Also there is still a lot of learning still going on in college. Academic scholarships are still being awarded, deans list are still put out and the practical/hands on part of higher education is getting more and more hands on.

In my senior year for example, for my first bachelors, we created our own hybrid bacteria with viral genes spliced into a bacteria DNA, made multiple clones of said virus and then read the genome of our new bacteria. This is something that probably wasn't done in 70's university. Most schools today do serious learning, don't buy into the hype about how bad colleges have become.

Lastly, the easiest place to find a life mate is in college. I advise you try your darn hardest to find your life partner in college cos it gets much harder after college. Be smart about it but don't avoid girls in college.
    Last edited by juleswin; 07-15-2015 at 06:36 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Something like 60% of college students are female. (Don't see the feminists protesting to get more men admitted. So much for "equality") Staying away from women is impractical.

Unless of course you're in the sciences. Your lower division coursework will likely have a relatively healthy gender balance. But as soon as the classes start getting more difficult and more mathematical, most of the female students change to an easier major. So your upper division coursework will be mostly female free.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 07-15-2015 at 08:26 AM.

In any case, the real villians in academia are the administrators. There are far too many of them drawing far too large paychecks. Usually they are lunatic off-the-wall hyper progressive feminist crazy people.

The faculty are pretty bad also. I attended one of my friends economics lectures, and the teacher took a break in the middle of the lesson to go on an emotionally charged anti-religious rant. Some of these guys are seriously crazy and need a hard dose of reality. My Astrophysics teacher complains that the world has too many people, and wants to see a population reduction down to 60 million.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 07-15-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    That's good advice.

But speaking as a man who was young quite a while ago, not very practical.
    I will offer some even better and even less "practical" advice:

Don't be intimate before marriage.

Get married only to someone you love, trust, has demonstrated high moral character throughout life, and has all the same cultural values and background as yourself.

Be faithful to that person.

That's it!

To some, it may seem highly impractical, but actually, it's the most practical thing around. The traditional family unit is the most stable, successful, economically prosperous, and emotionally rewarding social unit that humanity has. Just because an idea is old is no reason to assume it's bad and toss it out.

I think we need more young men being dragged through the kangaroo court system by femi-nazi's. The more these people are shown for who they really are the sooner this will come to an end. Let's get this ball rolling. Point being, don't go sticking your dick in holes unless you know what's on the other side.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

I see a business opportunity. Give people a template for a consensual hookup. Allow the individuals to sign it before 2 skype'd witnesses.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Digital penetration?

Am I the only one who's never heard of such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Digital penetration?

Digits in this instance r your fingers

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Digital penetration?

It means fingers, but hey you can also digitally rape people on second life. So watch out, you might accidentally bump into someone in second life and touch their ass.
    The problem with these retards is they take a problem that are a certain group of men and then go on blaming the entire gender. Yes there are $#@!s that will use date-rape drugs or try to get a girl drunk for the sole purpose of easy sex. It's no different than saying all black people are rapists because a black person raped someone. You won't see that from the feminist crowd though because it's perfectly alright to insult white male because hurr durr white male privilege.

There's some women who literally are mentally deranged and will make up $#@! to literally ruin a love interest's life by wild accusations which cause him to lose his education or job simply because he isn't into her, but no men are marching around saying kill all women.
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 07-15-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

By Today's PC Standards

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

Get married only to someone you love, trust, has demonstrated high moral character throughout life, and has all the same cultural values and background as yourself.

That's it!

To some, it may seem highly impractical, but actually, it's the most practical thing around. The traditional family unit is the most stable, successful, economically prosperous, and emotionally rewarding social unit that humanity has. Just because an idea is old is no reason to assume it's bad and toss it out.
    Oh, you bigot! How dare you suggest that people repress their natural, sexual appetites for some patriarchal, Judeo-Christian ethic which oppresses women. Vaginas have rights, you know.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

I'm pretty sure they are learning all kinds of things.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

That's it!

Good advice. (that few will follow)

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Take a page from the gospel of Dennis Reynolds, and surreptitiously record every sexual encounter you have. You might be outed as a creep, but that's better than being charged as a rapist.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Go ahead feminists, don't cook me a meal. Your generation doesn't know how to cook anyway. Ohhh, buuuurnnn.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Oh, you bigot! How dare you suggest that people repress their natural, sexual appetites for some patriarchal, Judeo-Christian ethic which oppresses women.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Good advice. (that few will follow)
    Thanks, guys. Nice to see a couple fellow old-fashioned values believers.

I know that people with other lifestyles won't believe it, but being a family man really is more fun, more satisfying, more joyous, than being promiscuous. I mean, to each his own and total freedom 100%, but in my opinion and my observations, the one way is better than the other.