Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee

Maybe they should ask themselves how a racist could get it so right in To Kill A Mockingbird? I know that's going to be a very hard one for them to answer.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-31-2016 at 08:52 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NY Times sez it's all a Rupert Murdoch, sleazy plot to make money off what was, essentially, a first draft of "To Kill a Mockingbird".

The Harper Lee ‘Go Set a Watchman’ Fraud

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/op...raud.html?_r=0

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-31-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This $#@! clearly didn't read the book.
    When that was a problem for a book "reviewer" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harper Lee
    You've no doubt heard some pretty offensive talk since you've been home, but instead of getting on your charger and blindly striking it down, you turned and ran. You said, in effect, 'I don't like the way these people do, so I have no time for them.' You'd better take time for 'em, honey, otherwise you'll never grow. You'll be the same at sixty as you are now--then you'll be a case and not my niece. You have a tendency not to give anybody elbow room in your mind for their ideas...
    This broadcast-internet-media complex that has emerged today is trying to keep everyone children. They don't want anyone to grow. They want us all to run to our corners of the internet and neither challenge our intellects, nor create actual communities.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-12-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Time for another reminder that today's "right" is far to the left of the "left" of 1960.

I remember the Overton's Window from when I was young. It now look like this:

Last edited by acptulsa; 04-12-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Never read either one.

Never saw the movie with Gregory Peck.

So, which first?
    Well? Did you like it?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wikipedia is usually helpful in determining the latest narrative. It appears that there is no such book, it was just a rough draft of “To Kill a Mockingbird”. Into the memory hole...

Go Set a Watchman is a novel by Harper Lee that was published in 2015 by HarperCollins (US) and Heinemann (UK). Written before her only other published novel, the Pulitzer Prize-winning To Kill a Mockingbird (1960), Go Set a Watchman was initially promoted as a sequel by its publishers. It is now accepted that it was a first draft of To Kill a Mockingbird, with many passages in that book being used again.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Set_a_Watchman
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's being unwritten as we speak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12